News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest 7 Poll [No. 2]

Started by Olimar12345, December 25, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we do for the next arrangement contest?

Make a song sound "Happier"
2 (12.5%)
Theme and variations again
1 (6.3%)
Solo instrument plus optional accompaniment
1 (6.3%)
Arrange something for an instrument family
1 (6.3%)
Arrange a piece into four "Seasons"
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 30, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Olimar12345

Creating a new topic to help organize this.
vote for which theme you'd want to do the most. (post if I left one out).

So far (and iirc) these people were interested in doing the following:

Latios (Host)
Yug_Guy (Judge)
BrainyLucario (Judge)
mastersuperfan (Judge)

Arrangers:
-Zeila
-Olimar12345 (me!)
-NocturneOfShadow
-Clanker37
-braixen1264
-InsigTurtle
-MaestroUGC
-Bloop
-TheMarioPianist
-Tobbeh99
-Oronoco

Post if you'd like to be added to/removed from any of the above spots (with the exception of host, which is a 1-person position).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeila

If none of the instrument based ones win, then is it possible to implement those into what we are actually doing? For example, let's say that "happifying" a song wins. Can we still write out the piece for an ensemble or solo instrument w/ optional accompaniment or would it have to be piano?

Olimar12345

I'm sure we can work something like that out! Lets first see what everyone's thinking about the poll.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

How many judges are allowed?
(if more than one, I would actually like to judge)
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Olimar12345

probably up to five. something like that.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Olimar12345

Oronoco

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Olimar12345

You guys ready to go ahead? It looks like the seasons idea has the most interest by far!

Zeila

That's fine with me, when is the deadline?

Clanker37

when people like your idea...
[close]

Anyways, I would love to start! But is it a classical "Theme and Variation," where we must arrange the original theme first, or do we just start with a random season and arrange from there?

Olimar12345

Hm, good point. What if we just use the original version as the "theme" and only arrange the four seasons?

InsigTurtle

I'd prefer having only the seasons. Because I haven't yet fully arranged the original theme of what I want to do yet.

Tobbeh99

I don't get the four seasons idea.
Is it like a theme with variations, and you should do 4 variations, each representing a season??
Or is it that you make a song in a specific season theme, so for example you take the super mario theme and make it more "winter-like"??
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh