Game: Undertale
Console: PC
Title: Spider Dance
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JesterMusician

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement!

One thing:
measures 30-36: I'm not certain about the playability of the LH, With both the arpeggio and the bass line in a fast tempo. I suggest only having the bass line play at beat 4 when both voices plays 16th notes, less double notes and voices to keep track of. But when the bass line only play a quarter note, then it's fine having both voices.

measure 37 is also troublesome for the LH, see if you can find a way of making it easier, more playable.

Also interesting video of you arranging. You seem to make it all the way through in one go. In contrast I usually first make the melody, then bass, then other stuff, piece by piece.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Here's another boss theme I know too well.........................................

Anyway, I agree with Tobbeh about this and once you figure something out I'll accept it.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on December 26, 2015, 04:25:50 AMmeasure 37 is also troublesome for the LH, see if you can find a way of making it easier, more playable.

EDIT: ALSO your D.C. marking is mia.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

So I compared your arrangement to mine and scrutinized the parts that were different:
- You're bass line for measure 1-2 are incorrect. It's like mine except change the last sixteenth note of measure 1 to an E natural.
- I kinda guessed in the bass for measure 3 but I'm pretty sure it's not alberti.
- Why did you choose to lower the R.H. down an octave in measures 5-7?
- I like what you did with the R.H. in the B and B' section, but consider notating each beat alongside an eight in the L.H. (this would be the "direct transcription way") or maybe even just use the tenuto. I don't feel it's fair to the reader to denote the weight of that note with a hidden tenuto.
-The first measure in the R.H. of your C section is really simplified. Why?
- YOU'RE C SECTION L.H. IS BRILLIANT JUST LOOK AT HOW MUCH I STRUGGLED WITH MINE. My only suggestion would be to maybe try and include the grace notes in measure 20 as I'm rather fond of that figure.
- I prefer Tobbeh's suggestions. I feel omitting the quarter notes takes away from the build up and removing layer one on the last beat clears up playability without messing up too much.

my version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIwTB0lr1A
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PMWith this now being an official project, EVERYONE REMOVE YOUR UNDERTALE SUBMISSIONS AND INSTEAD POST THEM HERE.

Free up your submissions for other pieces and get your Undertale arrangements all in one spot here:

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7974.0
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Olimar12345

Olimar12345

Jester: if you fix this one up here, I can add it to the Undertale project for you. IMO, this track is crucial to the OST, and an arrangement project that didn't succeed in getting this on the site would not have succeeded as an arrangement project! d:

FireArrow

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 03, 2016, 04:41:34 PMJester: if you fix this one up here, I can add it to the Undertale project for you. IMO, this track is crucial to the OST, and an arrangement project that didn't succeed in getting this on the site would not have succeeded as an arrangement project! d:

Just use mine until Jester comes back. If he's too late he can always replace it.

Olimar12345

There are things I like and dislike about both of your arrangements. Perhaps you two could collaborate to make one super arrangement?

FireArrow

I don't have any desire to put my arrangement on site, I'll just be active enough to edit it for NSM standards if you want this piece ready in a timely manner. It's probably better to just wait for Jester since the Undertale update isn't coming anytime soon.

JesterMusician

Updated. I'll need to hear a second opinion before I change the bass line in 1-3. I'm choosing to follow the more subtle bass line - it's the exact same as 5-7 except down a couple octaves - because the constant 16ths drive the piece forward in a similar way that the drums do.

FireArrow

I'm completely unaware of the subtle bass you're talking about, but you being a superior arranger to me I'll both trust that it's there and that it does the arrangement better justice.

Olimar12345

Mind beaming those 2nd and 3rd 16th notes together in measure 37 (LH layer 1)? And like I said, once we're done here you can free up this submission for another piece if you would like. We can move this to the accepted folder for the Undertale arrangement project, getting you essentially three submissions.