[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - "Floaroma Town (Day)" (Replacement) by Shado

Started by Zeta, December 29, 2015, 03:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Floaroma Town (Day)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: ShadowChords

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I'll try and give some diagnostics so you have an idea of what to fix.
- No metronome marking (or expression text along with it, though that's optional)
- The grace notes aren't actually grace notes, the texture is a rolled chord
- You're missing trills everywhere in the RH
- M. 11-13 are simply unplayable; you'd have to roll it and even then it's an iffy bit to be physically possible (read: it isn't a matter of accessibility, it's a matter of what the hand can and cannot do).
- You're using the old URL
- Copyright should also include Nintendo and The Pokemon Co.
- Overall, several notes are incorrect in general..

what is shitpost

Altissimo

overlapping layers and lack of slurs in grace notes, too

also dont forget to post a youtube video with the original

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ShadowChords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuM2pVKpkI

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 29, 2015, 04:07:35 PMI'll try and give some diagnostics so you have an idea of what to fix.

- You're missing trills everywhere in the RH
- M. 11-13 are simply unplayable; you'd have to roll it and even then it's an iffy bit to be physically possible (read: it isn't a matter of accessibility, it's a matter of what the hand can and cannot do).

Okay, so I've listened to the track multiple times, and it seems the two issues you are responding to are sort of fixable. And I say sort of because it seems that the part that is playing trills is a melody coming from a different instrument, and that they are counter-melodies of each other, so I would need to add a second right hand. I would have to do the same thing for the arpeggio in measures 11-13, so either I get rid of the arpeggios and the trilling, or make a two piano version, because I'm pretty sure if I added a second layer for the RH in the beggining, it would be "a matter of what the hand can and cannot do."

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on December 29, 2015, 04:07:35 PM- The grace notes aren't actually grace notes, the texture is a rolled chord
- Copyright should also include Nintendo and The Pokemon Co.
- You're using the old URL

So the first I'd actually need someone like E. Gadd or Jester to help me, becuase Finale is a shitstorm and I have NO IDEA how to use it, so I have to do it in MuseScore, so I don't know what the true grace note would be in Finale. Would it be an 8th note, or an 8th note with a slash, or what, so if you can tell that that would be great. And you can't add text boxes at the bottom of the page, so if you could, like, add that for me, maybe? (I honestly have no clue how to work that thing.)

And I don't know what that last thing is referring too.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

Pianist Da Sootopolis

You should be able to edit textboxes; else, download the template (I can PM it to you once I'm at my main computer, albeit that won't be for a couple days) either from the formatting guidelines thread or the one Deku made.
Add me on Skype and we can talk and go through the arrangement together.
what is shitpost

mikey

man I saw this and thought that shado had submitted something to the site and was extremely disappointed
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 31, 2015, 03:02:12 AMman I saw this and thought that shado had submitted something to the site and was extremely disappointed

Lol that's what I thought when I first saw this.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

Archiving this submission. Please review the [Formatting Guidelines]. You may resubmit this once your arrangement is up to par.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle