[ARCHIVE] Braixen's Arrangements

Started by braix, February 01, 2014, 08:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braix

@cashwarrior1
Great arrangement, on the parts where the right hand in Piano 1 has four notes and nothing in the left hand, couldn't you split it into two notes for each hand or make the left hand hold some notes to make it sound better?
I'm not sure how viable that would be, personally I'd read it easier if it was on one side and not both, and I could play it with two hands if I wanted to.

Measure 8, the second note in RH P1 is not tied (or at least I don't hear it tied)
It's tied for me

Measure 10, beat 3 P1, there's a note.
If you mean the strings in beat 2, I purposely left that out. If that's not it I can't tell what you mean, I'm not hearing a note at beat 3

49 to the end, P1 there's some trumpet things that could be played with the LH.
Can barely hear it, but I added what I could. Had to transpose it down an octave though

Add some dynamics to P2.
Done
[close]

@Zeila
Formatting/notation stuff:
I don't think the forward repeat sign is necessary at the beginning
Ok, took it out

There are some beaming issues in the 6/8 section. If you did that because it's disconnected in the song, I think it would be better if you were to just use staccatos in p1 (or tenutos in p2) and beam them together (you defs should though in m36-37)
I just don't know how to beam actually. I beamed some stuff together in measures 36-37 but besides that I don't really know what to do

You should put a double barline before every key/time sig change
Done

Along with adding dynamics to p2 (in multiple spots, like after diminuendos and stuff), I think it would be nice to have a crescendo in first 8 measures (or just m7/8), w/ m5 being written as a dynamic higher. Another spot where dynamic changes would be better or more accurate is m9
Done

I just barely noticed, but the piano marking at m38 should be aligned better
Fixed

Maybe you could hide the mp in m12 (p2)
Hidden. Thought it would be necessary since you're going from mf to mp then mf again the next measure and if it's hidden it looks like you're diminishing from mf to mf.

Why are there tied eighth notes on beat 3.5 like for example in m15? It's not wrong, it's just not necessary (you can keep it though)
Because it's easier on my brain xD

Note stuff:
You're missing some harmonies m5-8, and while you're at it, have the LH play the melody while the RH plays the chords at the higher register (p1)
Would that not make the two hands overlap? I'd rather avoid that

m9 sounds like octaves instead of chords (p1). Instead of having p2 play the octaves, have p1 do that while p2 starts with that pattern[
Done

m10 (p1) is just the top note, and there's no way people are going to be able to play intervals that wide (p2). This might sound weird, but maybe you can lower the RH part and octave and have the LH play the lower layer and the whole notes
I moved the LH. of p2 in measures 11-12 to the LH. of p1. I feel like this should make it possible to play without changing any notes.

There's an Ab in m16 and 18 beat 4.5 (RH p1), and you're missing two eighth notes and a quarter on the last two beats in m13, 15, 17, and 19
Added

The start of the 6/8 section is just thirds (p1) with the exception of the 2nd eighth note in m33, and I feel like the marimba part until m38 has an Eb on beats 2 and 4 instead of an F but I could be wrong. m36-37 are thirds instead of octaves
I actually heard those harmony notes in m.30-35 separately and put them in afterward and heard them really clearly so I'm pretty sure they aren't all just thirds. I changed the F's to Eb's and made the octaves thirds.

I think you should remove the harmonies that conflict with the main melody (and also that C on the last measure) in p1
I personally don't see a problem with them, it doesn't really sound weird to me.
[close]

Updated version:
[MUS]
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Onionleaf

Cute track! I like it. ;D Just a few insignificant points for you if you'd like:

• I'd probably add some staccatos to the xylophone parts of the melody (such as the beginning).
• Make sure that the intervals throughout the chromatic scales in mm.17-19 are all the same (for example, not changing from a 3rd to a 4th interval).
• The RH accompaniment actually comes in a bit earlier in m. 3 (it starts on the last eighth beat of m. 2).
• The chords in m. 3, 7, etc. could be made fuller by adding an additional note below (it sounds like there's some dissonance there in the original).

The OP looks flashy!

Bespinben

Now before anyone cries "Bespin y u make impossible sheet", the below is simply for exact transcription reference only.

The brass choir in the OST blends really well, so you have to make a concerted effort to discern the individual notes. We can take about "making it fuller", but really it's just about getting the right notes and the right positioning and inversions of those notes. The most important note missing, however, is the dominant 7th. It's not C, but C7. Not F, but F7. The tipsy tritones contained in these chords is what gives them the sound so characteristic of Ampharos and his antics.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

braix

Before I get to fixing up my last sheet:

League of Legends - "Challengers (Two Pianos)"
[PDF] [MUS] [MID]

Original:

mikey

one small thing- the title is "Challenjours", not "Challengers"
unmotivated

braix

braix

I'll fix up Wandering Ampharos I swear
But first here's what I got done today

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - "Pokémon Paradise 3"
[MUS]

Original:

This arrangement is by no means completed, but I'll just leave it here anyway. I'm going to end up compressing it into a solo arrangement and do all the formatting then as well.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky - "In The Morning Sun"
[MUS]

Original:

This one just looks kinda gross and I don't know how to go about fixing it at all so any help with that would be appreciated.

braix

Pokémon Sun and Moon - "Wild Pokémon Battle(Duet)"
[MUS]

Original:

There's a lot of notes in this song.

braix

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - "Pokémon Paradise 3(Duet)"
[MUS]

Original:

I just made it easy to read and kept it a duet. Didn't want to reduce it to a solo because I don't want to sacrifice the range and possibly entire voices just for playability's sake.