News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

The OFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project!

Started by Olimar12345, December 30, 2015, 06:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

I'd be Biased, on the subject. Since I have 3 genocide arrangements done. I think I'll let you guys decide that one. But I will say, what reason do we have to not include them on the site? It would make it a lot easier for people to find genocide midi's and even play genocide songs without having to use the normal versions sheets.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

Thanks! In the case over which arrangements should go on site and/or be prioritized, I think Ooo, Long Elevator, Barrier, and Burn in Despair!! don't really need to go on site (aside from the sole purpose of trying to be completionists)

Out of the non-ost songs, Dunndunn, Predummy (those two should be placed in the actual dummy sheet), Room of Dog, Gasper's Theme, Dance of Dog, Sigh of Dog, Snore Symphony (questionable, as it's apparently determination slowed down), Star, and The Wrong Number Song should go on site.

The other non-ost songs are either short/unneeded, or different key/tempo versions of other songs. If we decide upon putting the genocide sheets on site, I believe they should go with their respective counterparts, whether through a notice (like the Home sheet, which has a notice for the music box version) or by actually writing it out (so that the current genocide sheets don't go to waste). The only issue with writing it out is for looping (and possibly synthesia) purposes. I'd be fine either way, but I think it should be up to the people who actually wrote out the genocide sheets since it affects them the most, unless it offends one of you really. I mean I'm sure that someone is willing to just write out a notice saying the genocide key and time signature if need be.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: BrainyLucario on February 28, 2016, 05:37:53 PMBut I will say, what reason do we have to not include them on the site? It would make it a lot easier for people to find genocide midi's and even play genocide songs without having to use the normal versions sheets.
The genocide songs in game are really just pitch/tempo shifted versions of the already existing songs. The only thing different in the songs are usually tempo, key signatures, and octaves. Otherwise, they're practically identical to the songs we've already done. And while yes, it would be nice to have some of these sheets, it doesn't make sense to have the same songs just with one or two changes here or there. Besides, Undertale already has 101 songs on its official soundtrack; it's probably a good idea to cut out some of the fluff in order to save on space.

Speaking of which, I propose that for some (if not all) of the non-OST songs that aren't super significant (the secret sound test songs, room of dog, wrong number song, etc.), we combine them together into one sheet. That way, we don't clutter up the Undertale section with a lot of these short songs, and we don't have to judge these songs as to whether they "belong" on site.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Zeila on February 28, 2016, 05:56:14 PMSnore Symphony (questionable, as it's apparently determination slowed down)
I did give this a good thought before I tried to arrange it, and Snore Symphony does have a slightly different progression than Determination (mostly just because the bass runs on a four-measure loop) which I think would be decent grounds for a separate arrangement.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 28, 2016, 06:24:47 PMSpeaking of which, I propose that for some (if not all) of the non-OST songs that aren't super significant (the secret sound test songs, room of dog, wrong number song, etc.), we combine them together into one sheet. That way, we don't clutter up the Undertale section with a lot of these short songs, and we don't have to judge these songs as to whether they "belong" on site.
I think compilations bring up a lot more problems than they're worth, like poor search engine indexing and excessive length. As for the songs "belonging," I'd say if they're worth putting in a compilation they should be worth putting on-site in general. To be honest the "Other" category in general is already pretty full and difficult to navigate. If I were to change something I think I'd prefer to try improving site organization than resort to sheet compression.

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Yug_Guy on February 28, 2016, 06:24:47 PMThe genocide songs in game are really just pitch/tempo shifted versions of the already existing songs. The only thing different in the songs are usually tempo, key signatures, and octaves. Otherwise, they're practically identical to the songs we've already done. And while yes, it would be nice to have some of these sheets, it doesn't make sense to have the same songs just with one or two changes here or there. Besides, Undertale already has 101 songs on its official soundtrack; it's probably a good idea to cut out some of the fluff in order to save on space.

Speaking of which, I propose that for some (if not all) of the non-OST songs that aren't super significant (the secret sound test songs, room of dog, wrong number song, etc.), we combine them together into one sheet. That way, we don't clutter up the Undertale section with a lot of these short songs, and we don't have to judge these songs as to whether they "belong" on site.
Why not combine the genocide songs all into one sheet as well? Make it one giant collaboration with all the genocide songs!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

MagooTang

Hi guys,

So I'm working on a Dummy! arrangement for full jazz ensemble (think 1930's swing era) right now. I'll upload it when it's finished! I can also upload the piano music.

Olimar12345

Wow, I literally did the exact same thing (recorded it a rehearsal two weeks ago) 0_o

I'd love to see how yours turns out!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Can you do a song that has already been claimed? There are some here that have been claimed for a long time.

Olimar12345

Can I do waterfall? You've had that one for a long time. (Half sass, half serious I would like to do that one)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Long as in September 30th (When the unofficial project was started), not January 7th (When I claimed Waterfall).
I should have Waterfall finished shortly.

Olimar12345

Well, "long" is a relative term. Personally, I'd arrange whatever I wanted. The list is just (imo) for seeing others' progress if you want to know.

WaluigiTime64

If that's the case then I guess I'm going to make a solo piano version of "Another Medium" (which the "two piano" arrangement is mostly complete), because "Claimed by InsigTurtle" hasn't changed in a while. (Not even going to bother using the term "long" here)
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

WaluigiTime64

Live from Hotland!
Didn't take very long actually. It was just the mess of notes at the beginning that delayed this a bit. (Which is hardly playable anyway)
I might upload the 2 piano arrangement sometime, but I don't feel like it right now.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel