Realm of the Mad God

Started by Jub3r7, January 27, 2012, 10:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jub3r7

A game that I sort of got addicted to!

Basically an MMO Co-Op Bullet Hell Fantasy game.
I found about it when searching for apps on Google Chrome under "Collections" and "Editor's picks" or something like that.

Anyways, downloading as a Chrome app probably gives you faster access to it, but it should work on other browsers as well.
link

Reviewing gameplay, it seems like it could have a little more story, but they somehow make grinding levels and unlocking classes/fame/ranks really fun. (Warning, perma-death.)
Basically the story goes that the Mad God Oryx has lured/transported heroes into his dimension as food for his minions.
Joining together with other heroes makes leveling a lot faster, but after killing enough of his minions in a realm (aka server with maximum number of people 85), an earthquake will shake the screen and everyone will be summoned to Oryx's castle to fight him.

If you're not careful there, even max leveled characters (lvl 20) can die easily.

Anyways, there's not really any way you won't miss something about the game unless you try it yourself;
Sprites seem to be made in pixelated art; however, if you feel like you're annoyed by it at first, you'll get used to it in the first couple minutes of play.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the thread and I'll try to help out. Here's the wiki although it's a little bit difficult to navigate. :P

HP/MP/Atk/Def stats seem kind of obvious, but the others you might get mixed up.
Speed = Movement speed, helps you dodge bullets and escape huge swarms of monsters that you can't beat on your own! D:
Dexterity = Attack speed, More bullets more second.
Vitality = HP Regeneration, More hp restored per second.
Wisdom = MP Regeneration, More mp restored per second.

Classes: (You start out with the wizard and have to unlock the rest of them.)

Oh yeah, and there are things called guilds; it's hard to explain their advantages but when you're in a guild it's easier to form groups to go fighting with. You also get a super coll meeting place. B)
It costs 1000 Fame to start one, which is a LOT more than it sounds; after playing devotedly for at least a week now, I have about 325 fame.

When I reach 1000 I'll "renounce" my membership of the guild I'm currently in (It's called Winter! ;)) to start a new one.
It doesn't cost anything to join a guild, but you have to be invited by the leader.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

The Deku Trombonist

Lol, I used to play that ages ago. I suppose it was fun while it lasted

SuperFireKirby

The game is  pretty fun for a short while, but it gets kinda boring

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

fabbemannen

cause you are addicted to it.

*trying the game out after finishing my panpizza*

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 28, 2012, 10:01:20 PMTHEN WHY CAN'T I STOP?! D:
SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME WHEN I PLAY IT. D:

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

fabbemannen

k, tested it yesterday.
Funny enough, I didn't have any problems on stopping

SuperFireKirby

JUB, we need to play together sometime, tho I don't know how you'd do that since everything is kinda random.

Jub3r7

All we need is a designated meet up place in the nexus, such as the top right of the map.
Would that work?