News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowhunter301

You mean like the parties such as Democrats and Republicans can be an example of bifurcation?

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 25, 2016, 04:18:53 PMYou mean like the parties such as Democrats and Republicans can be an example of bifurcation?
Those parties do divide the people...
Quote from: Dudeman on May 25, 2016, 08:25:08 AMHere's a fun fact: when designing the dwarf Bifur for The Hobbit movies, the design team decided to put part of an axe in his forehead, thus giving him...a bifurcation. This is the actual reason.
Wow, the irony levels are through the roof! XD I didn't know that!
Quote from: Bloop on May 25, 2016, 07:19:19 AMI actually used that word in a song recently: a bifurcating river is a river that divides into two rivers that end up in two different seas. I used rivers as a metaphor for different people's lives and time:
<quotes aren't put in other quotes...>
You write songs? That's awesome! Do you record any or just write to write?

5/26/16 Unregenerate (adj.)- 1. Not spiritually reborn or converted  2a. Not reformed: unreconstructed  b. Obstinate, stubborn

Ooh! This could be taken as a rather hostile word for someone who gets offended easily! (Not that I'm trying to offend anyone with it) But still, I think people would mostly use this word for 2b, since it is the most general and descriptive of many people.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Sounds similar to degenerate
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

There are too many words similar to one another with all these dang prefixes & suffixes. XD

5/27/16 Gymkhana (n.)- a meet featuring sports contests or athletic skills such as  a: games on horseback  b: a timed contest for automobiles

The Olympics aren't until August 3rd. I was hoping I could watch them, but school will ruin it all. >:(
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 25, 2016, 04:55:06 AM5/25/16 Bifurcate (v.)- to divide or cause to divide into two branches or parts
Heh. I just saw this word today! It's a pretty fun word!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bloop

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 26, 2016, 04:51:28 AMYou write songs? That's awesome! Do you record any or just write to write?
I don't record them in a human-played way, because I don't have the tools needed for it and/or the skills (including the social skill to ask other people to sing a song) to play the parts
You can find all my songs on my soundcloud (link in my signature). I haven't yet uploaded the song with bifurcate, though.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on May 27, 2016, 08:02:03 AMHeh. I just saw this word today! It's a pretty fun word!
Yeah! It's fun to say!
Quote from: Bloop on May 27, 2016, 08:15:30 AMI don't record them in a human-played way, because I don't have the tools needed for it and/or the skills (including the social skill to ask other people to sing a song) to play the parts
You can find all my songs on my soundcloud (link in my signature). I haven't yet uploaded the song with bifurcate, though.
Ima have to Czech some of those out at some point!

5/28/16 Pullulate (v.)- 1a. Germinate, sprout  b. To breed or produce freely  2. Swarm, teem

Heh... An overly-zealous Pokémon Trainer's dream: 1b.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

look IV breeding takes really really long okay
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

shadowhunter301

Pokemon breeding  ;D Nice one!

And love your profile picture E. Gadd, Mario's face gets me every time!

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on May 28, 2016, 09:58:40 AMlook IV breeding takes really really long okay
Hey, I just trade to get my team! XD The only reason I breed is for FEAR Archens!
Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 28, 2016, 11:30:52 AMPokemon breeding  ;D Nice one!

And love your profile picture E. Gadd, Mario's face gets me every time!
There's more where that came from! Once I finish Ricco Harbor, I'll change it!

5/29/16 Microburst (n.)- a violent short-lived localized downdraft that creates wind shears at extremely low altitudes

That's an overly sophisticated way of putting it. Here's a microburst:

A terrifying mix of wind, rain, tormented souls, and pure darkness that just falls out of the sky.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

shadowhunter301

Wow, that's actually pretty scary! And can't wait for your ricco to be done!

So, it's like a hurricane and a tornado combined, only it lasts shorter?

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: shadowhunter301 on May 29, 2016, 09:04:36 AMSo, it's like a hurricane and a tornado combined, only it lasts shorter?
Not really. It's more like a big weather bomb that the sky drops down after saying "Say hello to my little friend". If you can't tell by the pic, it actually does kinda explode once it makes impact. Terrifying.

5/30/16 Foursquare (adj.)- 1. Square  2. Marked by boldness & conviction: forthright

1 is an arrogant definition. I don't see why you would use "Foursquare" instead of "square". Just because it's 4x the square...ier...er...? doesn't make it more square...er...ier...? than before.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

5/31/16 Roorback (n.)- a defamatory falsehood published for political effect

I'm not going to say a name, because I don't have to. ;)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Egad! The roorback in this paper is quite egregious!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

EFitTrainr

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 16, 2016, 06:57:54 PMGuys, I have been busy ALL day... But I still managed to get on!

When I'm busy all day, I still manage to get off.
I like food.