Game: Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Hamstarr Manor
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

When you have a situation where a separate layer must be notated in between two voices (like octave melody), I recommend using the Note Mover Tool (Special Tools) to move the top layer 2-3 clicks to the right, otherwise it's hard to distinguish what notes are attached to which stems.

Revised
Original

That said, doing this in your current layout would make things a bit squished, so you'll need to make space. I recommend sizing the document down to 93-96%, and moving the left margin slightly further left. Here's a template I use that optimizes these sort of spacing issues that are common to the default Finale document set-up: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35209091/Template%202.1%20%281%29.ftmx
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Used your template... it still looks a bit squished. But is it better?
(updated OP)

Bespinben

Quote from: Altissimo on January 14, 2016, 09:53:52 PMUsed your template... it still looks a bit squished. But is it better?
(updated OP)

Significantly! You'll still have to make some manual adjustments to avoid squishiness beyond page size tool. I sometimes use the Measure Tool (in conjunction with Note Mover Special Tools) to increase the individual distance between two groups of notes:

I added this into the OP afterwards already, so don't worry. Also, another pet peeve of mine is Finale's way of automatically beaming 8th notes in groups of four, which gets wonky when you have rests in between and what not. It's generally okay to do it, but in some places it's inappropriate.

(Revised)

Altissimo

Quote from: Bespinben on January 14, 2016, 10:12:27 PMI added this into the OP afterwards already, so don't worry. Also, another pet peeve of mine is Finale's way of automatically beaming 8th notes in groups of four, which gets wonky when you have rests in between and what not. It's generally okay to do it, but in some places it's inappropriate.

(Revised)

uGh you're not the only one. Most of the time I manually unbeam my arrangements because of it, this is one sheet where i figured the groups of 4 were ok because of the slow tempo and slow harmonic rate of the song that it's heard more in halfs than quarters (like most of my other manually-unbeamed-arrangements are). But you are right that I should have noticed the ones with rests! Did you fix that in the OP too or did you leave it for me to do? :p

edit: nvm i see you did it yourself. In that case, any more fixes for me to make?

Bespinben

Oh good, I have sympathizers! Don't worry, I did it already. It seems you already were aware of the issue, so that achieves my purpose.
(Love you Finale, but my goodness, such a hassle sometimes)

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot