bump from last page
bump bump
bump bump
tilt tilt
tilt tilt
i haven't played pinball in a long time
whoooo

mastersuperfan

Great arrangement! There's not a whole lot of feedback I have to give, but I'll say a few things:

1) I suggest moving the systems slightly down on the first page because your header is so awfully cramped up there.

2) The whole 6/8 section is still in 3/4 (the way I hear it, at least). The eighth note part in the right hand clues it to being 3 beats per measure, while the melody in Layer 1 is syncopated instead.

3) Your URL is missing the / at the end. :P
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

InsigTurtle

I don't see it as the melody being syncopated, but the eighth notes underneath being syncopated. IMO, it would make more sense to keep it as 6/8 time since the I feel the melody as the pulse, and not the eighth notes. But I've made the other changes.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: InsigTurtle on January 01, 2016, 04:21:01 PMI don't see it as the melody being syncopated, but the eighth notes underneath being syncopated. IMO, it would make more sense to keep it as 6/8 time since the I feel the melody as the pulse, and not the eighth notes. But I've made the other changes.

I think it would make more sense to be in 3/4 because then you wouldn't have to change the time signature. Plus, with 6/8 you would probably have to clarify the time signature again since 6/8 goes by dotted quarter and not quarter. By sticking with 3/4 you can avoid that.

Maybe someone else give their opinion on how they hear it?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

InsigTurtle

In that case, should I continue to group the top notes in 3's? It's not traditional, but I need a way to show the 3:2 going on.

Bespinben

The only thing that would warrant 3/4 in that section is if there there were some kind of pulse on those particular beats. The continuous 8th notes could be interpreted this way, but they can equally be interpreted to reinforce a 6/8 pattern. If anything, the passage leans mostly towards 6/8, because the only unquestionable pulse given is that of the melody.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta