The Kirby's Epic Yarn Unofficial Arrangement Project!

Started by Nebbles, January 21, 2016, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguinman299

Oh my god, this just made me so happy! Thank you so much!!! ;D

LeviR.star

I figured that this thread has gone long enough without a necrobump, so here I am!

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Future City"

[ZIP]

I wasn't confident enough to do this one back when I first claimed it, but I looked at it again recently and gave it my best shot. Unless my plans change (and they always do,) I'm aiming to submit this one for the next update! Hopefully this one is a little more polished than "World 5: Snow Land" was a couple years ago...
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Quote from: mastersuperfan on September 10, 2017, 08:26:27 PMGonna bump this now because we actually have finished a surprising amount of the OST and we're not too far off from finishing the whole thing!

This is what I said three years ago. Now, it is Christmas Day, 2020.

Let's revive this, shall we?

Since the last time the OP was updated:
  • Halberd (arranged by Zeila) has been accepted to the site.
  • Future City (arranged by Levi) has been accepted to the site.
  • Treat Land (arranged by Rubikium) has been accepted to the site.
  • Vs. Squashini (arranged by Static) has been accepted to the site.
  • Blub-Blub Ocean (arranged by me) has been accepted to the site.
  • Big-Bean Vine has been arranged by me and will be submitted next round.
  • Water Land has been arranged by Latios and will be submitted who knows when.
I also found out that the in-game sound test lists the world titles as simply "Grass Land," "Hot Land," "Treat Land," etc. without the "World X" in front. I changed the titles on-site and will also change it on the sheet files soon.

In the meantime, here's what's left to arrange (I'm assuming that all four-year-old claims have expired unless otherwise addressed):
(Vs. Tankbot is virtually identical to Mint Breath from Kirby's Dream Land, which is located in the Miscellaneous Short Themes arrangement, so I didn't include it.)

Admittedly, the tracks that are left aren't particularly easy, but they can definitely be done! Would be great if people would be interested in trying their hand at arranging one or two of these remaining ones. Even if it takes us another four years, I think we can get it done.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I'll find time in-between FamiTracker projects to help out here!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Kricketune54

I would be down to do Dark Manor! Totally the right season for it lol.

So with these unofficial projects are these just expected to be submitted like a regular submission?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Kricketune54 on December 25, 2020, 10:01:50 AMSo with these unofficial projects are these just expected to be submitted like a regular submission?

yep
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Kricketune54

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 25, 2020, 10:11:56 AMyep

Okay good to know I've got some other arrangements/submissions I'm currently prioritizing but I'll be sure to get on this!

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 25, 2020, 12:23:13 AM
  • Water Land has been arranged by Latios and will be submitted who knows when.
I will post this next Sunday :)

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 25, 2020, 12:23:13 AMI also found out that the in-game sound test lists the world titles as simply "Grass Land," "Hot Land," "Treat Land," etc. without the "World X" in front. I changed the titles on-site and will also change it on the sheet files soon.
I'm not too familiar with the actual game, but I think the "World X" is rather helpful...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Here it is!

Quote from: Latios212 on January 02, 2021, 09:29:05 PMKirby's Epic Yarn
NEW!   Water Land[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [Original] 

I also have something of a start on Fountain Gardens and Rainbow Falls that I would like to finish... eventually.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

I think that, seeing as this project has now been revived, we should consider arranging the new music written for Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn on the 3DS. The credits listed sound team members Akihiro Juichiya and Soshiro Hokkai as presumed composers. One of them might have been only in charge of sound effects, but we don't know for sure at the moment.

I'll volunteer to take on this theme:

There's a few other tracks added to the port, but I'm pretty sure this one is the only original song. I'll work on tracking down the new music; I don't own this port of the game, but I'm sure the Kirby Wiki Discord server would know more about this.

Latios212

I've used this playlist for Extra Epic Yarn: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwDEuPBgBi4NKflxRYvXbdNPIW-hQtwzU

Aside from the one you linked above, there are two other new remixes at the top of the playlist:

Spoiler
[close]
turtle