Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Sebastian

Olimar12345

93%? huh..

anyway:
-Measure 10 and 26 need rests shown in the second layer. The other parts that don't display the rests are fine, since stuff is happening in that space, but in these spots it just looks sloppy, like you forgot to put them in (which isn't the case, since you have to manually hide them in finale d:  )
-You have too many clef changes. A tune this simple should also be simple to read, and when you have your high notes visually lower than your low notes, it becomes unnecessarily convoluted. With the exception of measures 11-18, convert everything to bass clef and use the 8va for octave changing.
-Measures 11-18 LH is not accurate. There are no chords on beats 2 and 4 in the original.
-In general, without the use of the pedal (which would, imo ruin the character of the piece) many of the RH parts are extremely awkward and difficult to play. It's like, measure 5 is using the thumb to play the alternating sixteenth notes F-E-F-E, but in measure 7 it has to do that between a white key and a black key. It gets even more difficult at the end, when you add thirds to the sixteenth notes. To me, it seems like this was an idea that looked better on paper than in performance.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 14, 2016, 09:19:59 PM-Measure 10 and 26 need rests shown in the second layer. The other parts that don't display the rests are fine, since stuff is happening in that space, but in these spots it just looks sloppy, like you forgot to put them in (which isn't the case, since you have to manually hide them in finale d:  )
Hmmmm, ok.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 14, 2016, 09:19:59 PM-You have too many clef changes. A tune this simple should also be simple to read, and when you have your high notes visually lower than your low notes, it becomes unnecessarily convoluted. With the exception of measures 11-18, convert everything to bass clef and use the 8va for octave changing.
In my opinion, I don't see clef changes as something that are hard to read. I specifically arranged it this way because of that reason.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 14, 2016, 09:19:59 PM-Measures 11-18 LH is not accurate. There are no chords on beats 2 and 4 in the original.
This is how I incorporated those chords that are played on beats 1 & 3 and I like it.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 14, 2016, 09:19:59 PM-In general, without the use of the pedal (which would, imo ruin the character of the piece) many of the RH parts are extremely awkward and difficult to play. It's like, measure 5 is using the thumb to play the alternating sixteenth notes F-E-F-E, but in measure 7 it has to do that between a white key and a black key. It gets even more difficult at the end, when you add thirds to the sixteenth notes. To me, it seems like this was an idea that looked better on paper than in performance.
I intended this song to be played with pedal, but I forgot to put a mark in.

I'll get these things updated when I get on a computer. Thank you for the feedback.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Sebastian on March 15, 2016, 06:53:41 AMIn my opinion, I don't see clef changes as something that are hard to read. I specifically arranged it this way because of that reason.

Not budging on this. It is bad writing to do that in this manner. Bass clef with 8va's would be considerably simpler to read than changing the entire clef every bar (or less).

Quote from: Sebastian on March 15, 2016, 06:53:41 AMThis is how I incorporated those chords that are played on beats 1 & 3 and I like it.

That's fine then, keep that as you have it.

Quote from: Sebastian on March 15, 2016, 06:53:41 AMI intended this song to be played with pedal, but I forgot to put a mark in.

Noooo:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 14, 2016, 09:19:59 PM[Using the pedal] would, imo ruin the character of the piece

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 15, 2016, 09:28:51 AMNot budging on this. It is bad writing to do that in this manner. Bass clef with 8va's would be considerably simpler to read than changing the entire clef every bar (or less).
Of course. I'll get that fixed.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 15, 2016, 09:28:51 AMThat's fine then, keep that as you have it.
Thanks.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on March 15, 2016, 09:28:51 AMNoooo:
Ok

Sebastian

Just so it doesn't look like I'm ignoring this, I'm not gonna be at my computer until Friday. Feel free to do it yourself if you wish; otherwise, I'll get it Friday.

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot