News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Official NSM Shirt Design Thread

Started by braix, February 25, 2016, 09:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Est. Text; Small Offset Logo; No Light-Colored Box?

Yes
7 (70%)
No
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Waddle Bro

brb trademarking nsm can't have you using it without getting my fair share of potential profits

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 26, 2016, 07:21:25 AM@E.Gadd Copyright.
Ohhh! I didn't think about that! What about the date we joined?

Waddle, that pic is amazing. XD
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 25, 2016, 11:09:56 PMI'd recommend something like the main site banner across the chest of the T shirt with either block lettering our arranger names on back or a list of all the arrangers similar to a grad party T shirt
The banner would be nice but the list would be hard because we'd have to decide who goes on that list, and what constitutes being an arranger here... someone will end up unhappy, either because they're not on the list or the list is too saturated with bad arrangers.

Alternatively we can go with this.
Spoiler
[close]
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 26, 2016, 07:21:25 AM@NoS I like it, but what if new arrangers come, and which arrangers would we decide to put on the back? People could get salty over not being on the shirt or something.
then we just put our arranger name on it lol it'd be customized instead of everyone
or we could put the year 2015 on it it's really not that hard
unmotivated

braix

Then we would need to make a new shirt every year right? It also feels way too "graduate-y"
Listing a bunch of arrangers is just difficult to pull off. If someone has a good way to do it then we can consider it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 26, 2016, 09:19:00 AMthen we just put our arranger name on it lol it'd be customized instead of everyone
are you not getting this or something c'mon man
my shirt would say "NocturneOfShadow" on top and yours would say "braixen1264"
unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nana1Popo2

This would be pretty cool...
Imagine traveling somewhere, wearing this shirt, and someone comes up to you and says they're also a member of the site. Then you discover each other's "secret identity" and whatnot.

CONNECTIONS!

But for real, maybe just having a simplified logo on the front (resembling the home page; perhaps re-envisioned as an app logo? Or within a circle, etc. with the name underneath), then on the back can be customized to having our usernames along the top (if it isn't too difficult to incorporate all persons interested)? Don't necessarily need an "arranger," "staff," etc. as to show unification of the site.
I'd love to work on a design if I had the free time... but definitely interested in getting a shirt eventually!

[I've been involved with many shirt designs and can help with what works and what doesn't if y'all need some guidance. Although it's ultimately up to you all, as I don't really contribute to the site much anymore :/]
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on February 26, 2016, 12:27:56 PMI was replying to the "2015" part
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 26, 2016, 09:19:00 AMor we could put the year 2015

I think the NSM logo should stay on the front like my T-Shirt design.
The back has a couple options.
1) Each T-Shirt is customized for the orderee with their arranger name on it
2) Each T-Shirt has a list of all current arrangers.  This is why I suggested putting a year so that newer members would know why they weren't on the list=no saltiness
3) The back just has a bunch of random crap like jamaha's face or something.

my favorite option is the first
unmotivated

braix

We need to make the shirt so that it doesn't cause problems for anyone('i dont arrange but i shud be on the shirt blahblah'). We might also need to scrap the customization idea because as cool as it would be, it might work out very well and it'd be pretty expensive.

I'm still figuring things out and going on different shirt websites to see what we can and can't do. Chances are, we'll go with a simple design generalized for everyone and not customized. If customization is possible with the site I decide on, I'll make sure to make that an option.

Altissimo

i like the idea of a black shirt with a colorful logo

E. Gadd Industries

I'd like a customization, but I can imagine how difficult that'd be. I could see Noc's idea working, 1 or 2. Problem with 2 is that that's a LOT of arrangers, which would make for a very small font size. Idk. Maybe there's an idea that we aren't thinking of that'll work amazingly.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

Noc: how about just putting your own username on the back and nothing else? it's a shirt, not a yearbook :Y
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

inb4 Official NSM Yearbook Design Thread
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Latios212 on February 26, 2016, 01:33:08 PMinb4 Official NSM Yearbook Design Thread
I can dig around in old threads for pics. XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]