News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 15, 2016, 08:04:14 PMWhat do you mean? Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are amazing!
yes, they are
unmotivated

Nebbles

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on June 15, 2016, 05:41:34 PMThe visuals look lovely and fit the idea of a paper world better than what it could do on the N64/GCN. I don't think anyone can deny that the visuals are a major increase from Sticker Star.

And really the major reason I'm excited for the game is because it seems they're trying something NEW for once instead of more of the same, and it seems this game could very well fix the flaws that dragged sticker star down and make a fun experience for all. Just as long as there's no heavy backtracking or boring puzzles, I think the game will be fine. As I said, PM N64 will likely stay as my go to PM game, but this is looking to be a more enjoyable and creative adventure for me. Certainly not worthy of a childish petition to cancel the game.

It should also be noted that in an interview with Gamexplain, one of the devs working on the game stated that Paper Mario is pretty much going to be exclusively a series where new things are being tried out in terms of gameplay, with the goofy story bits being saved for the Mario and Luigi series. This seems to be a full decision that will affect the two series forever. Having Sticker Star sell extremely well in Japan probably helped in that regard as well (Even if that game was rather dull and boring IMO)

Selling well means nothing. The reception to Sticker Star is what matters.

Sticker Star took a massive shit on everything we knew to love about Paper Mario. The story, characters, great writing, memorable areas, partners, etc. Sticker Star was boring, nothing noteworthy about it, and was bland. White bread was more exciting than Sticker Star. Color Splash looks like it aims to the same. Cookie-cutter, copy paste Toad NPCs. Boring areas. No partners minus a paint can. There's no love to the game, it feels so slapped together and uninspired. The writing quality seems stagnant as ever, and changing the gameplay like this is stupid. This isn't a game built for "innovative" gameplay like this. What respective RPG strips away a proper battle system for shitty gimmicks?
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Maelstrom

No, they, along with Minish cap, are the weaker entries in the series.

I want to complain about how I really didn't like dream team thanks to all the handholding and terrible pacing/padding., but I'm too lazy atm.

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 15, 2016, 08:13:33 PMNo, they, along with Minish cap, are the weaker entries in the series.
SHADDUP
unmotivated

Nebbles

ALSO there was nothing wrong with the old battle system! Why change it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Maelstrom

mikey

you said a zelda game was bad

bannable tbh
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 15, 2016, 08:13:33 PMNo, they, along with Minish cap, are the weaker entries in the series.
Haven't played the other two, but The Minish Cap was actually pretty good.

also if you have a wii u pls check this out ty
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

I really liked Minish Cap...

Olimar12345

minish cap was easily the weakest of the series tho
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

SlowPokemon

I want to complain about how I really didn't like dream team thanks to all the handholding and terrible pacing/padding., but I'm too lazy atm.

Your complaints about Dream Team are valid, but I still really love the game. I can't help it. I have so much fun playing it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

I just love Dream Team's OST so much.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Nebbles on June 15, 2016, 11:05:25 PMI just love Dream Team's OST so much.

^thiiiiis so much

Probably the best 3DS soundtrack I've heard
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Altissimo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 15, 2016, 05:52:00 PMI love when people complain that all games in a series are exactly the same and then whine when it's "too different"

I'm starting to think that to those same people, "different" is literally defined as "different/better graphics"

KefkaticFanatic

Skyrim: Zelda Edition looks pretty cool, though I'm worried it'll be super empty.. Nintendo has been good at doing like 3-5 sidequests, not 50+

Time will tell though..!

Everything else Nintendo had disregarding the entirely expected Pokemond details was entirely uninteresting unfortunately

I am hyped for the Yooka Laylee demo we get next month tho along with the Bloodstained demo we should get in the next week or so...!!!!

me irl
[close]