News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

What's wrong with Minish Cap?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

KefkaticFanatic

Minish Cap is great, and by Capcom.  The later portable games weren't so lucky.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on June 15, 2016, 11:53:50 PMWhat's wrong with Minish Cap?
It was by no means a bad game, bit it did absolutes nothing to differentiate itself from the other Zelda games. It was good, but forgettable.

cashwarrior1

Sometimes, having a game be the same instead of different all the time is good, this is why Minish cap is good.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Nebbles on June 15, 2016, 11:05:25 PMI just love Dream Team's OST so much.
The Dream World has the best music!

EDIT: Star...Rush...?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY MARIO PARTY!?!?! D:

mikey

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 16, 2016, 04:22:04 AMIt was by no means a bad game, bit it did absolutes nothing to differentiate itself from the other Zelda games. It was good, but forgettable.
yeah because turning small in the same environment was not unique/cool
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I like how The Minish Cap actually had a Hyrule that felt alive, and I like the actual Minish a lot. They're adorable, the Minish Village music is great, and they're the only Zelda race I can think of that aren't just an unrealistically small number of samey-looking individuals living in a cave somewhere. Notice how the Minish aren't called a tribe in Hyrule Historia?

Also, Colo(u)r Splash. The salt is real.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

It's not directly E3-related, but look, friends! Some good Paper Mario news!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

YES. PLEASE.

Even better idea: Throw out Color Splash and make another TTYD-esque game.

Maelstrom

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 16, 2016, 08:07:50 AMyeah because turning small in the same environment was not unique/cool
Honestly, not really. The four sword thing was cooler, and made the final boss kind of good, but annoying/frustrating.
Honestly, it felt a little paint-by-numbers. You've got the water(ice)/forest/mountain/sky areas, with the marsh being the most different, but not that interesting. Nothing stood out to me at all. It was just ok. Boring villain, nothing new combat wise, boring story, pretty good pixel art, but that's it.

mikey

someone didn't spend enough time in Hyrule Town
honestly the game is really similar to MM imo
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Dudeman on June 16, 2016, 09:17:33 AMIt's not directly E3-related, but look, friends! Some good Paper Mario news!

Let's hope by "vocal" she means an organized, peaceful protest of folks showing that they loved the originals more and want to see a remaster instead of an all out spamfest of death threats and all caps screaming about how the games are ruined forever and anyone involved should be fired and become homeless (Looking at you Torrential Downpour). If folks can get together in the same way folks did with Operation Decode and Get Me off the Moon, I think something good could come out of this.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Dudeman

...except Get Me Off the Moon hasn't worked...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book