News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

...I got TTYD on GameCube two days ago...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Dudeman on June 16, 2016, 10:01:00 AM...except Get Me Off the Moon hasn't worked...

It's done more than most people realize. The main reason Legends 3 got canned was because it failed the green light to go into a full-fledged game in Capcom's Japanese headquarters. Capcom USA had no say in the matter and many staff members were incredibly disappointed at the cancelation like anyone else. The PR dude from Capcom Europe making a statement towards the community didn't help matters much either. Really, instead of doing what most folks would expect fans to do (mindlessly bash the company without research), GMOTM actually showed support in a more peaceful way, doing organized ways of gaining a community, all connected by love from the same series. They even got a 2D fan game built of the prototype with what was given about the story and managed to help support all three Mega Man Legends titles on the PSN, which were at one point deemed by Capcom USA to be impossible to release due to legal issues.

Really, their kind way of working forward even when things seem grim is admirable, and even if it doesn't lead to MML3, it has led to MML related things being pushed forward and more fans of the subseries coming to being along with giving Capcom's western divisions a good enough idea of the fanbase. Of course, there's still the occasional spammer on their social media, but it's nowhere near as bad as other movements that didn't work out well and focus on community building.

But anyways, enough about that. It seems I jinxed myself because look what game from my childhood came to the eShop...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

cashwarrior1

Why does the Wii U E-shop get all the games I want?

mikey

idk man, Minish Cap would be better on a 3DS anyway :p
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Ha I have Minish Cap on my 3DS because of the ambassador thing from five years ago
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Yeah, and I'm still mad about that.

Maelstrom

I'm not. It's literally the reason I now love Fire Emblem and Metriod

Nebbles

Yeah, getting Sacred Stones helped me get into FE.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Nitro Indigo

I had an ambassador 3DS once, but it broke. Why are there handheld games on Wii U? The 3DS can run DS games natively (just like how you can download Wii games onto Wii U), and since the original DS could run GBA games natively, the 3DS might be able to as well, so it can't be due to "technical limitations".

Also, did they edit Super Paper Mario to support classic controllers on Wii U? And is Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (I know the Wii version is just called Klonoa outside of Japan, but clarity is important) on the eShop in any region?
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

KefkaticFanatic

SPM needs you to point every so often, so I am pretty confident they never added classic controller support.  Nintendo also doesn't really know how to properly patch games, so you can't really expect reasonable feature updates.

me irl
[close]

mikey

what about Triforce Heroes?  That had decent patches.  (Except for the patch where they made it impossible to get into a game with randoms)
unmotivated

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on June 17, 2016, 07:38:53 AMit can't be due to "technical limitations".

It actually is due to that. Vooks did a great article on the subject, pointing out how Nintendo typically likes their Virtual Console games to be uniform and have similar features with one another, from restore points, suspend points or fancy borders, among other things depending on the system. The Ambassador games have none of those. Heck, they don't even go into sleep mode or allow you to multitask during the games, and compared to playing on a DS Lite (From personal experience), the colors are worse and the games don't feel engaging to play. Growing up with Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Yoshi's Island and Minish cap, I was only able to tolerate completing Kirby 100% since I love that game a lot regardless of the circumstances, but the other two weren't really fun to play on the 3DS for me so I'd just pull them out and play on my old DS Lite if I wanted to play them on the go.

That being said, FE Sacred Stones ended up being my favorite of the GBA games solely because of how surprisingly good it was compared to Shadow Dragon (The only FE I played before then, which I HATED), and how quick and easy it was to suspend the game at anytime, making the issues from the GBA VC irrelevant.

Still, I can understand why the GBA titles aren't on the 3DS VC. If they can't have the fancy features NCL wants them to have, then they don't consider them "quality" ports and won't be released. Heck, SNES games came to the 3DS VC on N3DS only because of the extra things like the screen resolution and restore points, so it's really just a matter of them being picky. I prefer to play GBA games on my Wii U anyway because of how crisp they look and because I can use a wide variety of controllers (like the excellent Pro Controller). DS games on the other hand, I feel are pushing things a bit too far, since you can only use the gamepad and can't remap buttons for some dumb reason...

As for why SPM doesn't support the gamepad or Pro controller, its mainly due to NCL not classifying the Wii line as Virtual Console games, instead going for a more technical term of "Wii Retail Downloads" due to them being pretty much the same as putting a wii disc in. Doesn't stop NOA/NOE from making typos on the matter, however. :p

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Nitro Indigo

And a lot of DS games look terrible when upscaled.
I seriously don't get why they couldn't put restore points in, though. Thankfully the games all have save features, but the GBA ambassador games do seem to have a hint of They Just Didn't Care, as much as I dislike that term.

Maelstrom

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on June 17, 2016, 12:40:47 PMThankfully the games all have save features, but the GBA ambassador games do seem to have a hint of They Just Didn't Care, as much as I dislike that term.
^This is why we didn't get restore points

Nitro Indigo

Save features, Nintendo not caring, or both?

Also, who thought it was a good idea to rerelease a multiplayer-focused game (Amazing Mirror) and remove the multiplayer entirely?