News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Nintendo @ E3 2016

Started by DonValentino, March 04, 2016, 02:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Nitro Indigo on June 17, 2016, 01:47:21 PMSave features, Nintendo not caring, or both?

Also, who thought it was a good idea to rerelease a multiplayer-focused game (Amazing Mirror) and remove the multiplayer entirely?

If its anything like the GB/GBC games, it was likely a technical limitation. Heck, GBA carts that supported the wireless adapter didn't even communicate when played on a DS/DSLite despite the system having a wireless communication system built in, so its likely that was the case for the GBA titles. Pokemon was the exception but even that took a good five years after the system launch to get on the eShop because of Game Freak

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Maelstrom

Nintendo not carrying was the thing.
That's why there are no save states.
They explicitly said those would be forever exclusive to the ambassador program, so why put effort into something that can't make you money?

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 17, 2016, 05:21:03 PMso why put effort into something that can't make you money?
To please the ones who get it.

Maelstrom

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 17, 2016, 06:15:01 PMTo please the ones who get it.
But you're doing it as an apology. They didn't have to give these games. They didn't need to please us.

cashwarrior1

Nitro Indigo

Another thing that bothers me is why the GBA games never filled the whole screen despite the widescreen aspect ratio. Complain to Nintendo? =P

And as for the GameCube, no-one knows what happened to the GameCube. It was last seen being discontinued in 2007.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

cashwarrior1

I still use the gamecube at my grandma's house. We play sonic mega collection, mario party 7, wind waker, and sometimes SSBMelee.

Nitro Indigo

What I meant is that GameCube games still aren't on Virtual Console.
Also, could someone please get me a working PAL copy of Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil from the alternate universe where it was released on GameCube? I don't own any Sony systems any more. Then again, I haven't played Door to Phantomile yet...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Maelstrom