News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

The Ghost 8va

Started by cashwarrior1, March 05, 2016, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

This is more of a silly story, but it's true.*

So I was making some piano arrangements on finale notepad like normal and I copied some measures and pasted them to add on. I decided that it was time to listen to it to see if I had the song accurate to the original because I have just finished making an arrangement. As I'm listening to the song, I'm analyzing it to see how accurate it is. The song got to the third page and I then noticed some red marking that I had not put. I realize, it's an 8va bar on the very last measure, it starts, but doesn't stop... When the bar gets to the measure, nothing happens...
 I shrugged this off as nothing and went on to a different song. I had to copy something so I selected the measures and copied it. I decided to listen to the song to analyze it like usual. When I got to the third page, the same thing happened. An 8va bar was on the last measure, beginning, but never ending. Once again, it didn't do anything. The strange thing is, the next couple songs, I did the same thing, but the 8va bar didn't show up.
 Determined to find the source, I tried it again. The 8va bar showed up again, but this time, I decided to keep adding more measures. The bar keeps going with the measures until measure 76. I added more measures until I got to the end of page 6 and the bar only showed up on those measures. Keep in mind that I have Finale Notepad, I can't place 8vas. Any clue as to what this is?

*Some of this is slightly made-up

Olimar12345

If you're using someone else's arrangement as a template (mlf does this often) this can occur. Basically this means that someone else had a super long arrangement with those in use around those measures and someone else came along and deleted the measure that were underneath them. They'll always reappear when their measure returns because they were never properly deleted.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

Yeah, that's probably what happened, but I like the ghost story more.

Sebastian

I gave him a template. It was the one from the AC project.

Olimar12345

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 05, 2016, 07:54:05 PMYeah, that's probably what happened, but I like the ghost story more.

me too lol
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!