DUET
3 (21.4%)
BOSSA NOVA
2 (14.3%)
THEME + VARIATIONS
5 (35.7%)
GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS
5 (35.7%)
Check this option if you want this contest to involve collaboration (i.e. two people per arrangement)
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: August 20, 2016, 04:29:45 PM

InsigTurtle

I had a really neat idea to go with the voice one, which wouldn't actually have lyrics but just vocalizations. So I'm sticking with that, but I think it'd be better to broaden it to make it a composition that uses the human voice effectively.

Latios212

Okay, yeah. Someone remind me where we were for the categories and restrictions for each one so we can maybe get a poll up and running soon?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 15, 2016, 05:46:14 AMHere is a list of the current contest ideas. Just to remind everyone.

JAZZ IT UP contest (/collab)
TWO SONG MASH-UP (/collab)
CHRISTMAS VARIATION (/collab)
DUET (collab)
BOSSA NOVA (/collab)
 BOSSA NOVA definition
a style of Brazilian music derived from samba but placing more emphasis on melody and less on percussion
[close]
THEME + VARIATIONS (/collab)
GIVE IT LYRICS (/collab)

All with (/collab) means there are two options: collaborated or solo

You mean this?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Making an etude out of a piece, perhaps?
what is shitpost

Bloop

I guess that could be added to the list, but I think we should start deciding what idea we're going to take, instead of coming up with more ideas

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That's fair.

Don't choose mine

Or do

It's chill either way
what is shitpost

Dekkadeci

I've gotten pretty excited for this arrangement contest, so I hope we put up the poll soon!

E. Gadd Industries

I won't be able to do it now; it was delayed for far too long. :/
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

OKAY VOTING IS UP FOR ONE WEEK

if you were that one person who voted before I fixed the poll so that you can choose multiple options be sure to vote again

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

cashwarrior1

So, is this an original composition arrangement, or an arrangement of video game/any songs?

Latios212

Arrangement of video game music. (Take a look at past contests.)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dekkadeci

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on August 15, 2016, 07:25:11 PMSo, is this an original composition arrangement, or an arrangement of video game/any songs?
Quote from: Latios212 on August 15, 2016, 07:29:29 PMArrangement of video game music. (Take a look at past contests.)

For reference, here are all the other arrangement contests on this website, in order:

My speculation for every poll entry is in the spoiler below:
Spoiler
  • JAZZ IT UP: See insaneintherain's Jazz Challenge.
  • TWO SONG MASH-UP: IMO, http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=8204.msg330908#msg330908 implies that the two songs in the mash-up must be from different franchises. My take on the clarification is below.
  • CHRISTMAS VARIATION: Imagine that the song is playing during in-game Christmas. Now what should it sound like?
  • DUET: The most likely to require collaboration (i.e. 2 people working on the same contest entry), this requires at least 2 instrument parts.
  • BOSSA NOVA: See Jazz It Up, except it's restricted to bossa nova only this time.
  • THEME + VARIATIONS: See Arrangement Contest #5, perhaps with slight differences this time around.
  • GIVE IT VOCALS/LYRICS: Exactly as it says on the tin. I suspect picking a song that already has lyrics isn't allowed.
Although my first preference is Jazz It Up, if the winner is Two Song Mash-up, both songs must be from different franchises (i.e. you can't pick Mario & Luigi for one song and Mario Kart for the other), and you can't cheat by picking a song twice that's used in at least 2 franchises (i.e. don't pick Jumper twice just because it's in Castle Crashers and Geometry Dash), I have some suggestions if you can't come up with any and you're open-eared. There's also the old standby of picking 2 songs from the same composer.
[close]

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Bloop

So it's going to be the two song mash-up.
What do the votes for the collab option say?

Latios212

Yes! Mash-up will be awesome!

Seems like collab won't be happening this time since fewer than half the people who voted checked that box off.

Also, uh... who's the new host?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle