Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: StarTropics
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Dungeon
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WandringMinstrel

WandringMinstrel

Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0

Bespinben

The omitted countermelody contains some important material pertaining to the composition. Take measure 3-4 for example: there's an E natural within the countermelody (the only accidental to appear in the piece), which, if omitted, makes it uncertain whether one should interpret the chord of the passage as an open C, C minor, or C major. I'm not telling you to add a cumbersome extra layer to your arrangement, but rather, having a knowledge of that fact, make subtle nods to it, like so:

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

Please don't forget to check periodically your submissions for possible feedback!

WandringMinstrel

Whew, sorry about the long wait! Things are starting to get back to normal around here. I like your suggestion, Bespinben; I was initially hesitant to doing something like this, wanting to keep things as close to the original melody as possible, but I realized that being a piano arrangement there are times when some liberties must be taken. I may have even gone a little further; trying to match the harmonies and contour implied by the countermelody even if it's not possible to fully replicate it in the arrangement.
I am worried it might be a bit "much"; I'll upload the materials in just a minute, let me know what you think. I'm bouncing between what I have in the update, and the simpler solution you suggested.
Less is More. Show, Don't Tell. God is in the Details.
My Arrangements Thread: http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=7510.0