NSM Sheet Music Data Table

Started by Yug_Guy, March 13, 2016, 01:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

I figure I may as well make a separate topic for this:

I have made a table detailing how many songs there are for all the series represented via sidebar on NSM. The initial thought behind it was to figure out which game series were justified in having their own categories, and which ones weren't. Though, now it's really a matter of being able to see at a glance how many sheets any given game or series has on NSM. Here's a link to the table:

NSM Sheet Music Data Table

I have a table for all the series represented, and tables for each individual series & their games.

For the All Series table, column A details the game series, column B details how many games are represented in that series, and column C details the total number of sheets represented in that series. Column D is simply column C divided by column B, giving the average number of sheets per game, and Column E is the median. For columns G and H, they contain the highest and lowest number of sheets for any given game in a series. For example, Ace Attorney's highest number is 13, because Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney has 13 total sheets, the highest number for a game in the Ace Attorney category.

For the other tables, the data that's included is the name of the game (alphabetical order), how many sheets that game has on site, and what percentage each game represents within it's given section. The total number of sheets for a given series is located at the bottom of each table, as well as the game(s) with the highest, lowest & median number of sheets for that section.

If you guys have any suggestions for different things to add to this list, please feel free to let me know. Ideally, I'd like for this table to be useful for as many people as possible, so we can have raw data for decision making, or anything else.

Yeah, that's it. I hope I didn't confuse anybody with these long explanations. I really tried to make them as simple and easy to understand as possible. idk, I really just like putting things in tables

cashwarrior1

Lol.
        A.               B.
Super Mario        64

Super Mario 64!

Zeila

Is there a reason why you didn't fill out columns E and F for the "Other" section? Aside from that, it's pretty solid. Maybe you should put the date last updated in Column A right next to "Total Sheets" (row 29). This way, if you miss an update, then people will at least know how accurate (or inaccurate) it is (or they could deduce that by the total number of sheets listed, but it wouldn't take much to put an edit date). If you make a spreadsheet for a specific series (like pokemon), would A just be where each individual game goes, and Columns B/D-F are replaced with stuff like "Number of total songs in OST," or "Percentage of OST completed?"

As far as what constitutes a series, I think Dragon Quest, Harvest Moon, and Metal Gear should be removed from the sidebar. The only series I've noticed that are close to the 15 sheet limit are Hamtaro and Kingdom Hearts, each with 13 total sheets

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2016, 03:28:32 PMIs there a reason why you didn't fill out columns E and F for the "Other" section?
Mostly because I hadn't yet done the "Other" section yet, and then just kinda forgot once I finished it. Really, most of the songs in the "Other" section have only 1 sheet, so the most/least # of sheets/game isn't really all that helpful at a glance.
Quote from: Zeila on March 13, 2016, 03:28:32 PMIf you make a spreadsheet for a specific series (like pokemon), would A just be where each individual game goes, and Columns B/D-F are replaced with stuff like "Number of total songs in OST," or "Percentage of OST completed?"
As of right now, it'll pretty much be exactly like the "Other" table: the name of the game, and how many sheets that game has. As nice as a "percent of OST completed" would be, it can be pretty frustrating trying to find complete OST's for every single game. For now, I'm going to focus on just what NSM has, and not what it could have in the future.

E. Gadd Industries

A. Sanic XDXD
B. Dang! How long did this take? I commend you for this!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Yug_Guy

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 13, 2016, 04:08:54 PMDang! How long did this take? I commend you for this!
~2-3 hours or so. It's not too hard once you've got a rhythm going.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 13, 2016, 04:08:54 PMSanic XDXD
Gotta go fast.

KefkaticFanatic

Having series pages isn't just to put a bunch of sheets on one page, it showcases well-known titles to visitors and reduces the possible clutter of 5 different games in a series lining up one after another each having one or two sheets on the giant "other" page.

me irl
[close]

Yug_Guy

Data table has been updated to include every series represented on the sidebar. Please take a look to see if I've missed anything!

Yug_Guy

So, in light of the new update today, I've updated the data table! I've tried something new with the way I have the data arranged, so let me know what you guys think of it!

mikey

well I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't a surprise
unmotivated

Th3Gavst3r

I'm on my phone so it finished loading while I was scrolling around the stats. Actually scared me gg

Latios212

I just realized the title of this topic means NinSheetMusic Sheet Music Data Table

not redundant enough
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Altissimo

Quote from: Latios212 on April 01, 2016, 12:48:04 PMI just realized the title of this topic means NinSheetMusic Sheet Music Data Table

not redundant enough

Nintendo Games NSM Sheet Music Data Table Project Post on Nintendo NSM Music Forums

Yug_Guy

Can You Really Call This a NSM Sheet Music Data Table, I Didn't Even Get Anything Out Of It, I Mean It's Just Numbers & Stuff

Yug_Guy

Okay, I went ahead and actually made an update for the table. Most of the changes are simply formatting stuff so I don't have to do as much work next time I update this. :P However, I've also changed the highest & lowest sheets sheets/game so that the number of sheets is at the bottom of the column, rather than in parenthesis next to each individual game.

Also, I tried going back and re-counting all of the sheets on site, since I was off by about 4 or so in the last update, aaaaaaaaaaand I'm still off by one sheet. I have no idea how this keeps happening.