NSM Sheet Music Data Table

Started by Yug_Guy, March 13, 2016, 01:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yug_Guy

And, I've updated the table for today's update! And miraculously, I'm not off by anything!

Yug_Guy

Table updated. Not much else to say.

Onionleaf

I haven't seen this until now. Woo, this was fun to browse through. (I like seeing stuff organised into Excel sheets!)

My initial thought was how cool it would be if the % of completion would also be included for every listed game soundtrack, but that will be incredibly difficult to compile. But even in this format it could be helpful with deciding on a official/unofficial arrangement project. :)

If you'd like, you can always add a data Filter to your sheets. You can add one in Google Docs by selecting the topmost row (the one with the titles) and go to Data > Filter. That way people won't have to create a temporary filter when they open up the sheet.

I've been wondering about possibly a way for the Other section to look less "bulky", but it's much easier to navigate via the "Sheet Music" page link, so it's not a huge issue. Perhaps some of the games listed in the Other section could one day be included in the sidebar, if enough sheets will be uploaded for them?

DS

LOL this is just me being nerdy and nit-picky, but under "# of games represented" for Star Fox, it should 5 :P

Yug_Guy

Quote from: DS on June 09, 2016, 07:01:45 AMLOL this is just me being nerdy and nit-picky, but under "# of games represented" for Star Fox, it should 5 :P
Completely slipped my mind. It should be fixed now.

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 09, 2016, 04:55:05 AMIf you'd like, you can always add a data Filter to your sheets. You can add one in Google Docs by selecting the topmost row (the one with the titles) and go to Data > Filter. That way people won't have to create a temporary filter when they open up the sheet.
I think the table is fairly nice the way it is now, it's fairly easy to navigate through for the most part. And honestly, I don't know where I'd start with the Data Filter. For right now I'll leave it as "filter at your own pleasure."

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 09, 2016, 04:55:05 AMI've been wondering about possibly a way for the Other section to look less "bulky", but it's much easier to navigate via the "Sheet Music" page link, so it's not a huge issue.
Yeah, the "Other" section bothers me this way too. Unfortunately, there's no real way to get around the issue, since you can only fit so many games on a page at once.

Altissimo

Quote from: Yug_Guy on June 09, 2016, 04:21:52 PMYeah, the "Other" section bothers me this way too. Unfortunately, there's no real way to get around the issue, since you can only fit so many games on a page at once.

"Other Games: A-M" and "Other Games: N-Z" or something mayhaps?

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Altissimo on June 09, 2016, 04:24:09 PM"Other Games: A-M" and "Other Games: N-Z" or something mayhaps?
If I did something like this, it'd probably be something like "Other Games: Pre-2000" and "Other Games: Post-2000", since I have them ordered by date & not alphabetically.

Yug_Guy

I've updated the table for today's update. I've also fixed a few things I forgot about for the "All Series" table; it should now be up to date.

E. Gadd Industries

Why the heck are the highest red & lowest green?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

oh gosh like they did in pokemon with natures
RED MEANS BAD OK GUYS
unmotivated

Yug_Guy

Yug_Guy

So, I've decided that I'm only gonna bump this thread after a couple of updates instead of after every single update, since I'm sure it would probably get old after some time. In the time since I last bumped this thread, I've been keeping the table up to date with all of NSM's updates, including today's G/S/C update. Otherwise, not much else has changed, other than one or two minor tweaks.
Also, for whatever reason my total is off by one and I seriously cannot figure out where the inconsistency is and it is driving me up the wall

Yug_Guy

Okay, I know I said I wouldn't bump this thread after every update, but I forgot to mention last time that Pokemon Gold & Silver beat out Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the largest number of sheets for any single game on site: 86.

...at least, until today's update. Today's update gave that title to another game: Donkey Kong 64, with a whopping 109 sheets. This is also noteworthy for being the first time (at least to my knowledge) that a single game on site has reached over 100 individual sheets. So congrats to WaluigiTime64 and the rest of the DK Crew, you've officially set a new record!
Also, I'm not off by one for the total # of sheets on site, yay!

Yug_Guy

Well, it's been a while. In addition to keeping up with regular updates, I've also done a few new things:
  • Games are now listed in alphabetical order instead of by release date. (Which saves me a huge headache)
  • Each game now includes a "%age of total section": as you might guess, it's the percent each game takes up in it's particular section.
  • All text is now centered
  • The layout of the "All Series" table was tweaked slightly
And, that's about it.

mikey

Resident sorter guy.  Imo the data table should be somewhere on the main site (if it already isn't anyway)
unmotivated