WaluigiTime64's Arrangements: [RHF] Remix 10 (because special occasion idk)

Started by WaluigiTime64, March 17, 2016, 04:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guess what?

Yes.
No.
What?
I don't care.
Guess what?
Exactly.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on November 21, 2016, 04:03:26 AMWaluigi Pinball is my favourite Mariokart theme
Good taste, although for me it ties with Moonview Highway (Wii), Rainbow Road (Wii), and Sky Garden (GBA), because I can never pick "the best".

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on November 21, 2016, 04:03:26 AMyou have done it justice, my friend! I'm aware that it's the SSBB version but still...
Thanks!

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 21, 2016, 06:36:46 AMHow appropriate!
Wah.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

My favourite Rainbow Road lol:

Mario Kart Wii:
 - Rainbow Road (Two Pianos): MUS ORIGINAL

I listened to every Rainbow Road theme again, and I still believe that this is the best one. Although they all fit the feel of the tracks they play on (7's was very slow and space-y, Super Circuit's was frantic but fun, DS's was lame), Wii's just stands out, along with 8's. I also have fond memories of playing VS Races and Time Trials on the track all the time. One day I'll beat that Expert Staff Ghost.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

The Deku Trombonist

Good effort on this one, it can be quite a monster to transcribe. That said, I think there's still quite a lot of work left to be done with this one.

Just a couple of quick thoughts:
-I'm not totally sold on the chords being doubled an octave lower at the start. There's nothing wrong with beefing it up, but I think the way it's done there feels a bit too bottom-heavy.
-You missed out the really cool moving harmony in bar 6.
-The second note of the bass line in bar 1 of Piano 2 is an A, not a D. Actually the more I look at the bass line, I think it's worth you going back and taking a closer look at it. Both in terms of pitches and also note lengths.
-Any reason why in bar 9 you didn't use the actual bass line? It would definitely be more harmonically interesting, which I think is important given that it's for piano.
-The first note of the melody in bar 9 is just a rolled 2nd inversion D major chord. No E#'s.
-No pad synth chords in bar 9?

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AMGood effort on this one, it can be quite a monster to transcribe.
That's a good way of putting it.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AMThat said, I think there's still quite a lot of work left to be done with this one.
Ok.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-I'm not totally sold on the chords being doubled an octave lower at the start. There's nothing wrong with beefing it up, but I think the way it's done there feels a bit too bottom-heavy.
I lightened the LH chords by removing a note from each. Would that be good enough?

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-You missed out the really cool moving harmony in bar 6.
Just the two notes, right?

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-The second note of the bass line in bar 1 of Piano 2 is an A, not a D. Actually the more I look at the bass line, I think it's worth you going back and taking a closer look at it. Both in terms of pitches and also note lengths.
Went over it again, and found a few things. Doubt it's 100% correct though.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-Any reason why in bar 9 you didn't use the actual bass line? It would definitely be more harmonically interesting, which I think is important given that it's for piano.
Because I can't hear it, no matter what I try. I agree that it would be really good if it was there, but I can't transcribe it.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-The first note of the melody in bar 9 is just a rolled 2nd inversion D major chord. No E#'s.
Fixed.

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on November 24, 2016, 04:35:22 AM-No pad synth chords in bar 9?
Originally I didn't add those because I forgot, but I still didn't add them in because it would cut off at Bar 17, which I think would sound a bit weird.

Thanks for all of that feedback!

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on November 24, 2016, 08:57:21 AMD: I like that one
The loop-de-loop, corkscrew, and (purely) the melody of the song are the only things that Mario Kart DS's Rainbow Road has going for it.

WaluigiTime64

Funny enough, this sheet is very nostalgic to me (at least the old one is, no matter how trashy):

Touhou 8: Imperishable Night:
 - Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World: MUS ORIGINAL

Not much fixing this time, just removing some chords, adding some creative touch, etc. I'll probably submit this one sometime soon. The site needs more Imperishable Night sheets.

WaluigiTime64

WaluigiTime64

Ignore that:

Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object:
 - At the End of Spring: MUS ORIGINAL

I had to keep checking the title back and forth because I was constantly thinking "Wait, is this really the title?". Seems kinda bland to be honest, although it can't get more literal than Double Dealing Character's song names. I'm fairly certain this is one of my harder arrangements, not the arranging part, but the performance part.

Yes, the left hand notes for the first 16 measures are improvised, as you would expect.

WaluigiTime64

Just a fun one:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit:
Battle: MUS ORIGINAL

I forgot how good this song was.

I might've overdone the articulations and slurs, but I don't really know. It was also incredibly convenient that the arrangement fit onto 3 pages, with every system having 3 measures.

WaluigiTime64

My version of saying "Hi, I'm back!":

Mega Man 10:
Against the Pressure (Dr. Wily Stage 2): MUS ORIGINAL

I like to believe this is the best Wily Stage theme in the series, but we all know Mega Man 2's "Wily Stage 1" is a tough act to follow. This was fun to arrange, it's late at night right now, hope you enjoy, goodbye (or maybe not lol).

Dudeman

Eh, I dunno if I'd consider this one as one of the best in the series (I don't even think I'd consider it the best Wily stage theme in Mega Man 10, I personally prefer No Turning Back), but this is a great arrangement! Remember to take off that pno. text throughout the piece.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, though, it doesn't look like the actual "Piano" text at the start of the piece is in Times New Roman. 10 bucks says that's a MuseScore transfer problem, 'cause I've experienced the exact same thing. If you change the instrument text's font in MuseScore, that should fix it.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 10:50:42 AMEh, I dunno if I'd consider this one as one of the best in the series (I don't even think I'd consider it the best Wily stage theme in Mega Man 10, I personally prefer No Turning Back)
I will agree that No Turning Back is a really good song (my second favourite Wily Stage in MM10, actually), but I tend to lean towards fast songs. To be honest, it's hard to pick favourites within the entire Mega Man 10 soundtrack because the whole thing is amazing, let alone the Wily Stage themes specifically.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 10:50:42 AMthis is a great arrangement!
Thanks!

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 10:50:42 AMRemember to take off that pno. text throughout the piece.

EDIT: While I'm thinking about it, though, it doesn't look like the actual "Piano" text at the start of the piece is in Times New Roman. 10 bucks says that's a MuseScore transfer problem, 'cause I've experienced the exact same thing.
Ding ding we have a winner.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 29, 2017, 10:50:42 AMIf you change the instrument text's font in MuseScore, that should fix it.
For some reason I've managed to forget that "Style > Text > Intrument Name" was an option. Before I tried with the "Staff Properties" section, but nothing edited there passes over. I'll fix the sheet soon. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind. Naturally, NotePad refuses to cooperate.

WaluigiTime64

Dudeman

*wiggles hips*

M. 17: Change the last note in the left hand to F#.
M. 20: Raise the first note up an octave, and change the note after that to a B# instead of a B-nat. It's possible that B# change is present elsewhere, but I didn't scour the entirety of the original.
M. 21: I'd double the melody in the left hand here, which matches the original a little more than leaving it empty.
Watch your formatting. Might just be my copy of Notepad, but the first system is super indented. Also the pno. text is still present.
That's all! Good job!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

I fixed it! Thanks Dudeman!

Also another sheet:

Mega Man V:
 - Venus Stage: MUS ORIGINAL

When I first heard this song I immediately loved it. So damn catchy. I have this feeling it's not called "Venus Stage" though.