News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Legend of Zelda discussion

Started by Nitro Indigo, April 06, 2016, 12:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitro Indigo

Since there was a lot of Zelda talk on the E3 thread, I decided to make a new thread for it so the E3 thread doesn't remain derailed forever.

Here's a few topics to get us started:
- When is Zelda U coming out?
- What games would you like to see?
- Do you want any more remakes?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Dudeman

- Later.
- Zelda U.
- Zelda U for NX.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I'd like to see a Spirit Tracks sequel. Or a game with a villain with an actual motivation beyond "taking over the world is cool LOL". LA, TWW and ALBW had the most interesting antagonists, in my humble opinion.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

braix

honestly I've always seen LoZ for the gameplay rather than the story
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

"Yuga, Paras Paras Yuga!"

True. Maybe I'm just jaded because I've never been into a Zelda game unspoiled.

On a completely unrelated note, a few years ago, the GAME in Hamely's (this big toystore in London) had loads of new copies of Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland for some reason.

mikey

unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

So what begins? Tingle? Yuga? Zelda U?

mikey

Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Takeover
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

Plot twist: the main antagonist of Zelda U is Tingle. =P

(Should I get Rupeeland? And why are the three age ratings all different?)

Does anyone else here have a soft spot for Spirit Tracks? I have an entire fanfic sequel planned out, but it's so convoluted that I can't seem to write it down... and I keep imagining it as an actual game, even though it realistically wouldn't work as one...

Dudeman

I have a soft spot for Spirit Tracks! :D

It was one of the few handheld titles of the series that I played diligently. I had Oracle of Seasons as a kid and the GBA version of ALttP (though I never got to try Four Swords because, you know, link cables and stuff), but I never internalized them as much as with Spirit Tracks. People dislike it for putting the transportation on rails, literally, but I actually love that. It lets you enjoy the scenery (which is actually decent) and enjoy the ride more. You also start to memorize the whole kingdom in a way. It feels like your home. Oh, and that music! Great game.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

I like both the touch screen games, I was fine with that sort of thing.
I can't decide which I like more though because sailing is fun but so is the whip D:
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

My story with Spirit Tracks is... interesting.
I vaguely remember wanting to buy Spirit Tracks some time in 2010, but I didn't. While it was the first Zelda game I played, it wasn't the first one I owned. I had previously downloaded Four Swords and The Minish Cap onto my 3DS (which broke in October 2012; luckily, I got a new one), but was too nervous to play either of them. I almost brought Spirit Tracks one day in November 2011, but for some weird reason I was too nervous to buy that too. I decided to find out what the game was like... by looking up a YouTube video of Sky Tower, then clicking through related videos until I found some Spirit Tracks videos. Incidentally, even though I'm from England, I'm more used to the American names because of these videos. Also, between while looking for Spirit Tracks music, I discovered the A Link to the Past Soundtrack.
Anyway, through reading the comments on those videos, I learned more about the game... and eventually found out all the spoilers, with the help of ZeldaWiki. When I finally brought it on February 11th 2012, I didn't play it until the next day, then put the game down 12 days later and couldn't pick it back up again until August 2014. In the meantime, I watched the ending cutscene on YouTube multiple times. Oops.
Still, my nervousness about playing the game caused me to come up with lots of crazy ideas about what it would be like. While most of those ideas were completely wrong, they still gave me a sense of "wonder" about this game.
In the interval between Nov '11 and Feb '12, I also kept watching the trailer on the Wii's Nintendo Channel (*MLG sad music plays*). The music completely blew my mind; I never thought I could like any video game music more than Sky Tower. I was wrong. I like the trailer version more than the in-game version.

cashwarrior1

I want another freaking Molgera Boss!