[ARCADE] Marble Madness - "Beginner Race" by PetrifiedLasagna

Started by Zeta, April 10, 2016, 03:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Sebastian on June 16, 2016, 09:08:43 AMI would say it's not necessary. Go ahead and take it out.

Okay, I finally got around to doing that. In other words, I just noticed that you replied.  ::)

Sebastian

No problem at all! Let's go at your pace.

A noticed one other thing:
- Unhide the rests in M. 6.

PetrifiedLasagna

Did you mean m7 for layer 2? Got it, I think it looks nicer using a dotted quarter rest. Makes it less cluttered.

Maelstrom

Is there not supposed to be a staccato in m28, even though it's a copy of m21?
m7-8 That clef change should not last one measure. Make it both, as it'll be easier to sight read.
Also fixed the whole repeat scheme and resized the measures to get rid of the excessive white space

Files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bua7cyrlg43km2r/AABZPtyB84jQy3jZDzBxro9Ga?dl=0

PetrifiedLasagna

Thanks Maelstrom!

Didn't expect to take so long. I had quite a set back trying to get that video out for Virtuoso, but I am a pretty terrible editor!

Just updated the files.

Bespinben

Concerning the modulations, notice that m. 24-end has virtually no Gb's anywhere to warrant a Db key signature. If we treat this section as Ab major, it makes the two chords there (Db maj and Ab maj) function diatonically (the former the subdominant, the latter the tonic). It's also interesting to note that the song loops back to G# minor on the Da Capo from Ab major, which could inform some other enharmonics.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Bespinben on July 03, 2016, 11:10:37 PMConcerning the modulations, notice that m. 24-end has virtually no Gb's anywhere to warrant a Db key signature. If we treat this section as Ab major, it makes the two chords there (Db maj and Ab maj) function diatonically (the former the subdominant, the latter the tonic). It's also interesting to note that the song loops back to G# minor on the Da Capo from Ab major, which could inform some other enharmonics.

Okay, so I did some research and I am thinking if it would be better to use Ab major for the first section, but that results in all Cs being used for Bs which adds a lot more accidentals than were previously there. So yeah, I am not so sure. Any suggestions? ???

JDMEK5

Final verdict: Opening is Ab minor, middle section is D major, last section is Ab major. Ab minor was chosen rather than G# minor to make a smoother transition in the repeat as Ben observed. Simple move from major to parallel minor.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by JDMEK5.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot