News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

James0264's Arrangements

Started by james0264, April 15, 2009, 06:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james0264

Quote from: kotorfanboy on April 21, 2009, 04:07:10 PMWell, if you have concerns about Ninsheetmusic's policy regarding acceptance of sibelius as opposed to Finale, feel free to contact JaMaHa or another staff member.

If you prefer sibelius that much, www.apollomix.com accepts sibelius files as well as Finale files.

Hey, it’s not that I have a concern for uploading Sibelius sheet music; it’s the fact that when I translate to Finale, most of the notations are either corrupted or missing. I understand that the general population cannot afford a copy of Sibelius at the staggering price of £113.85, which is why JaMaHa may have opted to avoid Sibelius submissions.

However, my concern lies in the fact that there is no suitable software to convert from Sibelius to Finale notation. I have done some light research and have found that a software called “Dolet” offers to convert such notations into a so-called “MusicXML” file. This file can then be imported into Finale using the same plug-in. However, the price of this software is not nil and I therefore cannot convert the entirety of my Sibelius notation to Finale.

The method I am adopting at the moment is to export the arrangement to a MIDI file and then reimport the file, as necessary, into Finale. If this is sufficient to meet the Finale sheet music requirement, then when finished, I will be more than happy to submit my work to the database. I’m not too bothered otherwise as I’m sure that users who are willing to look for “Maple Treeway” will visit this thread sooner or later.

Anyways, I’d thought it might be nice if redirected people back onto the “Maple Treeway” piece as I believe we may be going slightly off-topic? And on my part: I have been looking into how chords are determined and have been trying such “cadences”(?) in the piece.

Thanks,

James

blah54

since i assume you're arranging to create a faithful piano arrangement to the actual piece... it is not so much of determining cadences as following the music, since most video game music is fairly predictable, the cadences will seem natural and often are quite defined, you won't/don't need to look for them, this is not analysis... you just need to tank it out a bit and figure out the first chord, then determine the rest through listening for the intervals changes by ear

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

james0264

First of all, I apologise for not being able to reply to this thread because I have been severely weighted with examination revision. I cannot therefore work on the piece for the next few weeks until my last exam has finished. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Quote from: blah54 on April 23, 2009, 06:55:18 AMsince I assume you're arranging to create a faithful piano arrangement to the actual piece... it is not so much of determining cadences as following the music, since most video game music is fairly predictable, the cadences will seem natural and often are quite defined, you won't/don't need to look for them, this is not analysis... you just need to tank it out a bit and figure out the first chord, then determine the rest through listening for the intervals changes by ear

Thanks for the advice, but if I may say so myself, trying to compose the piece with little to no examples is like being told how to draw a person’s face over the phone! To be honest, I don’t think I can quite complete this piece as I have great difficulty in distinguishing the notes in the piece, which means I may have t abandon the arrangement and leave what I have don’t so far, to someone who else more talented than me. Furthermore, as it stands there are still no “Maple Treeway” arrangements out on the internet yet so frankly, I’m stumped.