News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The "Random Act of Kindness" Thread

Started by shadowhunter301, April 30, 2016, 05:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowhunter301

You know those Honda commercial's where Honda gives someone an act of kindness? Post them here!

My friends and I were out at lunch and I saw a homeless struggling to pay for food, so I just bought him a Chick-Fil-A Burger with drinks.

Edit: You can also share either things you have done or things that you have witnessed/received.

Credits to JD.

cashwarrior1

That's nice!
I give people (usually my friends) doughnuts at school.

Ruto

Dahans, manio and I had a snowball fight, but dahans only threw snowballs at manio. What a gentleman!

He also forgot to take his gloves with him after lending them to me (I didn't know he didn't take his gloves back), so he made all those snowballs without his gloves too!

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on April 30, 2016, 06:08:32 PMThat's nice!
I give people (usually my friends) doughnuts at school.

I think the point of this is helping people you normally avoid or don't talk to...

So instead of leaving manio at the train station later that day (possibly without enough money for a train ticket home), I gave him €100 and left him in the train station so he can buy that ticket for sure and get home safely.

I want that money back now and that's what I get for not having a twenty at the time

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Ruto on April 30, 2016, 06:32:42 PMI think the point of this is helping people you normally avoid or don't talk to...
Yeah I know, I just didn't want to not say something.

shadowhunter301

:)

Ruto, that was really, really beautiful gesture. That's around 114$ in US currency! I applaud you, really. You have a really nice heart. :)

And cashwarrior, that's fine! I sometimes do that too. :p

Dude

Altissimo

Dude

no, you were supposed to say "no dude you're a good person, we like you"

D-

shadowhunter301

Dude, you are a really nice person. We all like you.

Dude

cashwarrior1

*In a monotone, non-interested voice* No dude, you're a good person, we like you.

braix

I'm never very kind, I prefer to be on the receiving end.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

This topic seems kind of weird. Like, a random act of kindness imo is something you just do without really needing to share it or even bring it up unless prompted.
This topic would make more sense to me if it were centered around posting about awesome people that did random and kind things to you, and that you really appreciated the gesture, no matter how big or small it was.

Idk, I used to work with some weird people at my last job who would always talk at you about "how awesome they were for being randomly kind to some stranger," like it was some form of sick competition. Sort of defeats the purpose in my mind.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

shadowhunter301

True.

An act of kindness should be done not to brag about, get attention for, or to look high and mighty to other people. It should be done because you want to make a difference, to give humanity a reason to have faith in itself.

Should I change it to that then? That seems really reasonable.