Game: Magical Starsign
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Space Police
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: chelastgamer55

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9I03-TpSE
First of all, welcome to NSM! When you submit a song, be sure to provide a Youtube link to the song for reference. That being said:

Your sheet is not up to NSM formatting standards. This is a link to all of our Formatting Guidelines, and I suggest you take a look at them. The biggest thing is that your sheet is not formatted for Finale; it looks like you've used another music notation software to make it. That being said, NSM provides a template file that arrangers can use for their submissions right here. For this arrangement specifically, all you should need to do is copy and paste the notes from your original score into the template file. You might still need to tweak some things here or there, but it will be a massive improvement over what you have now. In addition to all of the other formatting things outlined in the Formatting Guidelines, the copyright should read, "Nintendo, Brownie Brown © 2006"

In regards to the actual music itself, the only thing I notice is that you have a lot of measures (1,4,15,16 to name a few) where you have sixteenth notes followed by sixteenth rests, which seems a little redundant. I'd suggest replacing them with staccato'd eighth notes. You'll get the same effect, and your music won't feel as cluttered. Otherwise, you're piece is pretty good so far. If you have any questions about anything, just be sure to ask; we're happy to help!

chelastgamer55

Okay, I fixed the layout issues and made some notes staccato to get rid of all the sixteenth breaks. To improve the look of the sheet I wrote the notes for the second hand one octave higher and added "play LH one octave lower than written". Also I changed something in measures 21/22 to make them playable. If there is something wrong with those changes or other things to improve, just let me know!

Yug_Guy

The sheet's looking better already! The only other formatting nitpick I have is that the "play LH one octave lower" should be in italicized Times New Roman. I know Notepad can be a bit finicky, so if you're not able to then don't worry about for right now.

Tbh, I'm not really all that great at critiquing the music for submissions; I'm only good at pointing out very obvious things. From what I can tell, your music is looking pretty good. But, I'll leave the final say to the professionals. Great job so far!

chelastgamer55

Bespinben

Remember to make sure you account for HOW your arrangement will be played. Consider the interval distance in the Right Hand you ask for in m. 17-18. Sometimes you need to make slight and subtle adjustments to the music to make it playable for an instrument.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

chelastgamer55

Quote from: Bespinben on May 16, 2016, 01:35:34 AMSometimes you need to make slight and subtle adjustments to the music to make it playable for an instrument.

I changed some critical passages, so a 10th is the largest interval now (that should be playable). But please let me know, if there are some spelling mistakes on this sheet, cause I guess there are some.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot