News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

The NSM Hot Bod Project: Geeks Working Out

Started by braix, May 14, 2016, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

It may sound childish but video games have inspired me in that I want to be able to haul myself up ledges via chin-up-on-steroids like freakin' King Kong as done by virtually all assassins (but namely Ezio) from Assassin's Creed. Or Nathan Drake. He's cool too.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Bubbles

Quote from: Nebbles on May 16, 2016, 04:45:12 PMBelly fat does take a while to burn, and iirc I think it's a little natural for women to have a little bit of tummy fat.
:c

mikey

if you simply stop eating carbs then pretty sure your body stops being able to break them down and you get real sick
unmotivated

Magic Mole

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 16, 2016, 05:27:21 PMIt may sound childish but video games have inspired me in that I want to be able to haul myself up ledges via chin-up-on-steroids like freakin' King Kong as done by virtually all assassins (but namely Ezio) from Assassin's Creed. Or Nathan Drake. He's cool too.
I can see that. When I was little I played Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (great game btw) and I used to fall asleep imagining myself doing the crazy acrobatics the prince did in the game(s). I spent a lot of time in the woods as a little kid trying to replicate things for games I played like LoZ both by myself and with my friends. Kinda sad thinking back since all of the friends I grew up playing games with in the glorious GameCube era moved away long ago. Sadly, jumping around in the woods hitting things with sticks and pretending you're Link isn't quite the same as a young adult.

mikey

unmotivated

Nebbles

It's probably a decent work out anyway.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bloop

I'd still run around like that if I had a friend to do so with.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 16, 2016, 04:58:07 PMAnd besides, that area houses many vital organs (along with the area above), and so if you have no fat there, what's protecting you?
Become a cyborg. Get a metal implant.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on May 16, 2016, 05:27:21 PMIt may sound childish but video games have inspired me in that I want to be able to haul myself up ledges via chin-up-on-steroids like freakin' King Kong as done by virtually all assassins (but namely Ezio) from Assassin's Creed. Or Nathan Drake. He's cool too.
A couple months ago, I did an awesome leap (might I say legendary :P) over a fence because I left something on the other side of it, but my second crossing over it was... less epic. That being said, I definitely want to be able to do that as well. I actually have a wall outside to practice on!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

started going to the gym and aerobic exercise again after my exams weren't keeping me busy, really excited for summer
also finishing my health ed studies in a few months as well :]

Quote from: Nebbles on May 16, 2016, 03:38:15 PMYeah, I feel lack of motivation too. How do you overcome that?
go with frens, or make going to the gym/running a habit and you wouldn't feel it as a chore-esque thing.

Quote from: Bubbles on May 16, 2016, 04:04:16 PMIf anyone has tips on losing a small pouch of belly fat by next Thursday hmu
first tip is not expecting results immediately
make crunches your new bff, try intense exercises in general that work the core muscles
don't just start eating less tho(rather eat more depending on your consumption thanks to working out), make sure your nutrition is in balance with consumption and that your body gets the energy it needs in order to achieve results

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 16, 2016, 04:58:07 PMAlso, for those who are wanting to lose weight quickly, this is one of the better diets to go on: low-carb.
Of the 4 organic compounds, your body digests (or "burns") carbohydrates first, and then comes the lipids. Cut out the carbs, and your body goes straight to the lipids. O' course, this needs to be paired with exercise (if at least for 10-15 mins. daily) and all the other cliché "good health" things.
anyone reading please don't swallow this just like that, there's more to it. even though leaving out sugar and food with white flour won't harm you, i can't imagine anyone who knows what they're doing to recommend dropping out vegetables, milk products and wholegrain from one's diet. also don't replace the carbohydrates in your diet with hard fats and animal protein. also worth noting how low-carb isn't meant to be a long-term thing.

FireArrow

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on May 16, 2016, 04:58:07 PMAlso, for those who are wanting to lose weight quickly, this is one of the better diets to go on: low-carb.
Of the 4 organic compounds, your body digests (or "burns") carbohydrates first, and then comes the lipids. Cut out the carbs, and your body goes straight to the lipids. O' course, this needs to be paired with exercise (if at least for 10-15 mins. daily) and all the other cliché "good health" things.

No, you're body cannot convert fat directly into glucose which is the "fuel" used for intense activity, brain function, etc.. If you're on a really low carb diet (<130g) your body will breakdown functioning protein to get that glucose.

If you wanna burn fat, the trick is light (read: aerobic, don't let your heartrate get too high) exercise and a healthy diet. Slow progress is expected; if you gained that weight over 3 years you're not gonna lose it in 2 weeks.

Never use extreme or fad dieting. It's not sustainable and is probably based on suedo-science. Simply eating healthier is usually all you need to do diet wise.

Sourses: I took nutrition this semester.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: FireArrow and Waddle BroDon't take E. Gadd's information, it isn't good.
Hmmmm.... I thought my Biology teacher was well-versed in those types of things. I guess I wasn't thinking contextually enough. Idk. Anyhoo,
Quote from: FireArrow on May 17, 2016, 04:52:00 PMNever use extreme or fad dieting. It's not sustainable and is probably based on psuedo-science. Simply eating healthier is usually all you need to do diet wise.
That is entirely true, and I can't stress that enough. I've seen too many people lose their ability to function as a result of "dieting" (i. e., cutting out all sources of any nutrition whatsoever, and living off of nothing but water and a lettuce leaf or so daily). Sure, that's hyperbolic (for some), but you get my point. Knowing moderation is key to...staying alive...
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

imo diet shouldnt matter as much as exercise as long as you arent eating Jack in the Box every day or something.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 17, 2016, 05:17:23 PMimo diet shouldnt matter as much as exercise as long as you arent eating Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Burger King, or any other place that serves food from which grease can be wrung out every day or something.
Ftfy
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

ZeldaFan

Quote from: braixen1264 on May 17, 2016, 05:17:23 PMimo diet shouldnt matter as much as exercise as long as you arent eating Jack in the Box every day or something.
Unless you are working on abs, wherein diet is responsible for about 90% of your results

Please follow me and my art on Instagram @inspi.red.art :D