News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[PC/PS3] Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Golden Sneer

Started by Maelstrom, May 22, 2016, 12:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Bounty time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0yYXgnSwmE
If anyone arranges this (well enough) I will learn, record it, and put it on youtube.

Maelstrom

daj

Ooh. This is a really challenging project. Not because it's impossible to score the piano part exactly (though the demands are significantly higher haha), but because you don't know where all the other parts should go. Hmm.

I'll give it a shot! Might not work out perfectly, but I'll try :)

Maelstrom

Onionleaf

I was contemplating of trying this one out at some point as I thought it would make a fantastic piano arrangement, but have way too many other commitments atm. It will be awesome to see your finished product, daj (or even a first draft)!

FireArrow

This was on my todo list for a long time and I have like... 4 measures done? If any of ya'll decide you don't wanna do it I'll pick it up eventually.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

I'm actually almost done with the transcription now! ^^ That circle of fifths section is so baroque that there's a harpsichord. Love it, haha!~

Just to be clear - this is for a piano solo, right? A Four Hands would be the most comfortable, going by the stuff that I have now, and a piano solo mght get...difficult :p. In terms of performance, of course. Then again you probably don't have twenty fingers, buuut if you could find ten extra fingers it won't be as difficult. It's quite rhythmically straightforward too, so it won't be too hard to co-ordinate.

Just opening up the option! :)

Maelstrom

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

Quote from: FireArrow on June 28, 2016, 08:34:54 PM

B-but that means I need to go back and transcribe more parts! Nooo whyyyyy

haha anyway i just finished all the transcriptions (enough for a two-hand, haha). The piano solo skeleton draft is done! ^^ I'll see about doing some extra transcriptions for a four hands arrangement if I've got time tomorrow~

update: draft files here! yay click me yaaayyyy

Maelstrom

Did not expect a hand-written file.
Cool, though.

daj

Done the first draft! Only problem is that it's a Sibelius file. Because I was pretty certain that some advanced notation thingies had to be pulled off aaaand my version of Finale, along with my useless Finale skills, make it impossible to do this on Finale. Derp :p

Anyhow, here's the score+audio and pdf files!~

Maelstrom

If you want, I'll format a Finale file for you if you ever want to do something with it.
Oh, and will you want to edit this more before I print it out and play it?

edit: And where did you find the composer?

daj

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 30, 2016, 11:40:01 AMIf you want, I'll format a Finale file for you if you ever want to do something with it.
Oh, and will you want to edit this more before I print it out and play it?

Probably won't submit this to the site, haha. It's just for you <3 *wink*
dont get any ideas btw

Erm, to answer your question on further edits: I just did some final checks on it, and I think it's fine ^^! So yes! You may :)
Would you like to make some edits on it though? Because I can do a rough export to Finale and drop you that file :)

That being said I think I'll go ahead and add some suggested fingerings to this haha. It is a tough piece, might as well ^^. That'll be done in around 45 minutes~

Quoteedit: And where did you find the composer?

Went to the Umineko wiki, found the official discography, found the composer for this one track. Everything was a little convoluted at some point, haha. But I found two agreeing sources, so ^^

edit: updated the pdf link with the score with suggested fingerings!

Also, while I was doing the fingerings I took a proper look at the technique demands of the score, aaaand funny enough, I wouldn't choose to learn it if I could. It's probably because I have no idea what the context of the song is, and thus can't find the motivation to get cross the technique barriers, but also because it's hard. It's also the kind of piece that looks hard, is hard, but sounds so elegant that the listeners think it's easy. Hehe.

I like to think it's a pretty accurate transcription though :p

If you'd like we could talk a little about difficulty fixes while you're learning this and I could go make some happy changes ^^

Meantime, though, this score is finalised in Sibelius format for now :)

Maelstrom

Some basic context:
There's a witch who may or may not exist.
At one point, she appears to someone, and this song plays.
I guess you could say the first bit is her saying, I'll do a free favor for you, no strings attached.
But, at m9, the tone shifts and she says something along the lines of ... but there is something I'd like you to do, if it's no trouble to you..

Honestly, while I can see that this song might be a little challenging, it's not that hard compared to some of the songs on the ost, which is highly recommended if you want to listen to some good music.

Finally, idk if you'd like this game at all, but it comes out on Steam July 4th. Well, the first 4 chapters at least. It's more of a book with really good music than a video game. That said, check out some of the discussions before you make any decisions. It's really confusing, and refuses to give straight answers to all the problems it presents, which is why I'll be picking it up day one. If you are interested at all, shoot me a PM. Idk if you are, though.