BrainyLucario's original compositions (Yes, I know they probably sound terrible)

Started by BrainyLucario, May 22, 2016, 01:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

Ughh...I still think my composition is terrible, so I debated whether I should upload it to the site. Then reality hit me. It's my first composition and I was working on a time constraint since this was made as a school project. I based it on the Impressionist music style, so be warned. I also have 2 musical references on the first page of the sheet, so please note that I did that on purpose. Now I'll stop stalling and give you the links. Please don't kill me..
Final Lunacy~ Composition by BrainyLucario
Mus
Midi
Pdf

Remember: THIS WILL HAVE ERRORS AND MAY BE COMPLETE TRASH. LISTENER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

cashwarrior1

I promise I will be 100% honest with you on everything you post here (unless I'm being sarcastic). This sounded like some pianist and violinist were practicing. In other words, they were both doing their own thing (even the bass on the piano was doing its own thing). You should make the violin either play with the piano or compliment the piano. The violin was doing something entirely different from the piano except at some sections where the piano and bass do the same thing, but that's about it. The piano on the other hand... well, I'm assuming you play piano and you should probably make the piano part on the piano then put it in, just to make sure that it's pianistic. Anyways, good job! This was better than my first composition! My first one was literally the same 8 measures repeated for 4 minutes in different rhythms (Though it was "catchy").

BrainyLucario

Heh..yeah. I had to create this on a time limit so I didn't get a chance to play anything before I transcribed it.

BrainyLucario

Shush you Necrobump reminder.

Ahem.

So i'm composing for an inside-joke game and have decided to post the compositions i have on here. I cant format worth a crap so I'll just post the MP3's here. The first one is a theme for a character called Lady Skyber

The Fair Dragon Lady MP3

AmpharosAndy

innit

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

FireArrow

ok I actually really like this piece and have been listening to it all day please post more

BrainyLucario

Quote from: FireArrow on April 27, 2018, 12:49:49 AMok I actually really like this piece and have been listening to it all day please post more
I'm only good at making Jazz...

Dudeman

Quote from: BrainyLucario on April 27, 2018, 06:29:42 AMI'm only good at making Jazz...
So make more jazz! Work on what you're good at, always keep creating, and let your passions drive you.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

FireArrow

You said you're composing for a game so I know you have more don't be shy gimmmee em!

BrainyLucario

I worked a bit more on that piece so i could possibly show that off. Since it's an inside-joke game I've been doing mostly remixes and stuff for it so I've only composed two things so far. I'm also working on a Western Jazz piece so you'll definitely be getting more eventually