WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Stuff:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Ice (Big Boss): MID MID 2

Literally never even bothered making a piano version.

This is the most "Grant Kirkhope" thing I'll make, seriously. Now I'm going to try as hard as I can to make something that doesn't feel like anything I've heard before.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

It's been a while.

Original Composition:
 - Generic Sky (Big Boss) Instrumental: MID 2

I realised that this song really needed one. Also I increased the tempo by quite a bit (from 170/180 to 210). I tried my hardest to put an interesting drum-line in there, because I'm absolutely terrible and uncreative with those.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, I'd probably say that's one of my absolute best compositions. I want to start actually using FL Studio to make them sound better than the plain midis that they are, and this will probably be one of the first ones.

WaluigiTime64

Been a while.

Original Composition:
 - Mountain Motif: MID
 - Generic East (Big Boss): MID

I'd recommend listening in that order.

cashwarrior1

I really like Generic East's music in general. I don't really know what Touhou is, but I seem to really like that style! Nice!

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 11, 2016, 05:12:50 PMI don't really know what Touhou is, but I seem to really like that style! Nice!
A (difficult) Japanese shoot 'em up series (with really good music).

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 11, 2016, 05:12:50 PMI really like Generic East's music in general.
Yeah, I want to make more songs for it, but it's a lot less malleable than the other ones.

cashwarrior1

Well, in the big boss version, you've introduced some new melodies that could show up in other songs. For example, the opening of the big boss could be the song for the race theme or something similar to that.

WaluigiTime64

Seems interesting. I might give it a shot actually! ...at some point.

I was quite surprised with how the unique melodies turned out while I was composing that. Well, I was surprised with the whole thing really. It's rare that I get the creative flow while in front of MuseScore.

Ah well, I'll see how the next composition goes.

cashwarrior1

I'm curious, quite obviously these songs are being made with a video game in mind, and I wanna know if you have any idea of what it'd be like?

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, it's not hard to tell. What kind of game though? I don't know. Seems fitting for a platformer(?) with other elements. Considering everything's called "generic", maybe it can just be the most generic yet un-generic game possible.

Of course, making a game requires programming knowledge, which I don't have much of currently.
Also, it took me that long to notice the typo in the topic name. Whoops.

cashwarrior1

Well, making a game and having an idea are two different things (at least to me), having an idea for a game allows you to make things for it without actually making the game, this way it's easier to understand things. (This is literally how I make every single one of my songs :P)

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on September 11, 2016, 06:21:15 PMWell, making a game and having an idea are two different things (at least to me), having an idea for a game allows you to make things for it without actually making the game, this way it's easier to understand things. (This is literally how I make every single one of my songs :P)
Yeah, I consider them two different things. That basically explains all unfinished projects.

I don't know if this will actually be a game (I doubt it), but I have that idea in my head, and that lets me compose these songs.

WaluigiTime64

I kinda want an opinion on this.

I actually made something with a sound font, and now I have a 96000hz, 256kb/s, 5 minute .WAV file. Should I upload that, or a smaller, lower quality version? I don't want it to be posted on YouTube for multiple reasons I won't go over, so that isn't an option.

WaluigiTime64

Well, I answered my own question with SoundCloud.

Original Composition:
 - Generic Ocean (Beach): MID WAV

It's basically Treasure Trove Cove but not really. The WAV was made using a program called LMMS, because it's free.

Thing to note: Whenever I have "WAV" as a link, it means it links to SoundCloud, not to a download link.