News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Oh geez, I heard the xylophone at the beginning and immediately thought you took it straight out of Banjo-Kazooie.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dudeman on September 16, 2016, 10:46:07 PMOh geez, I heard the marimba at the beginning and immediately thought you took it straight out of Banjo-Kazooie.
ftfy

I don't know man, the moment I finished composing it I just thought "Oh crap, it's just like a Banjo-Kazooie song, damn it.". I tried for something original, don't know what happened.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Ah, marimba. I knew it wasn't a xylophone but the name of the instrument just kept escaping me.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Just something to negate the stress I'm feeling right now:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Ocean (Sailing the Seas): MID

A fun little 12/8 song. Well, "12/8" is just how I notated it. It should probably be 12/16, because 12/8 puts it at 250BPM.

It feels too short, but I don't care much about that right now. I'm busy dealing with other things, such as preventing myself from playing "Crystal Caves (Race)" at 220BPM (which kills my hands in the process).
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

WaluigiTime64

The beauty of 12/8.

Original Composition
 - Generic Ocean (Mid-Boss): MID

A quick one before I go to my piano exam. I feel like one of those sections is going to be different almost every time it appears in the Generic Ocean set.

WaluigiTime64

Another SoundCloud thingy:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Ocean (Mid-Boss): WAV

Panning sound is hard when you're slightly deaf in one ear.

I'll probably go back on this at a later date, because this is about as good as I can get it right now.

AmpharosAndy

Love this :) I can definitely see it as a battle theme in a nintendo game. Keep it up, dude. I have the same panning problem as my right ear is naff XD
innit

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on October 03, 2016, 11:20:47 AMLove this :) I can definitely see it as a battle theme in a nintendo game. Keep it up, dude. I have the same panning problem as my right ear is naff XD
Hey, thanks! I don't imagine it necessarily in a Nintendo game (I need a higher quality sound font for that lol), but I tried to make it sound like some kind of decent sounding battle theme.

Anyway:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Title Screen (1): WAV

I feel like this it the most generic "main theme" I could possibly make. I feel like it just works so well. I composed the main theme about 2 months ago, but I haven't shown it until now. This variation - (1) - is mostly just me messing around with a chiptune sound font.

WaluigiTime64

For the entirety of yesterday, I really wanted to compose something, but I couldn't get in the mindset of it. This morning I just threw something together and it turned out better than expected.

Original Composition:
 - Generic East? (Mid-Boss): MID

Back to good ol' MIDIs. This song hardly counts as "Generic East", because that melody only plays very briefly. The rest of the song is entirely different.

WaluigiTime64

I almost forgot to bump this (I had the OP updated the whole day):

Original Composition:
 - Generic Ice (Big Boss): WAV

I tried lol.

FireArrow

If someone told me your generic title screen was from a real game, not only would I believe them but I'd want to arrange it as well. You've got some talent dood
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: FireArrow on October 18, 2016, 04:20:14 PMIf someone told me your generic title screen was from a real game, not only would I believe them but I'd want to arrange it as well. You've got some talent dood
That's what I aim to achieve. Thank you.

Original Composition:
 - Spooky Manor Ballroom: WAV

I was originally trying to make some mock-classical piano piece or something, but eventually I said "SCREW IT. I'M MAKING SOMETHING EASIER.", so I made this instead. Incidentally it's October, meaning that the "Spooky Manor" atmosphere is very appropriate.

WaluigiTime64

Just a fun one:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Grass (Main): MID

Some nice F Major swing (of course it changes key signature, it just starts in F). I tried to be a bit more creative with this one, and I think it turned out pretty well.

WaluigiTime64

I would kinda like some insight on this one:

Original Composition:
 - Generic Sky (Town): WAV

I tried for a mix between chiptune and other instruments, but I don't know how well it works on other speakers.