WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Ok, here's where I put my compositions (obviously). Luckily for people who don't have any form of Finale software, (almost!) everything here is either a MIDI, or a link to SoundCloud.

Original Compositions:

Generic Sky

Generic Sky (Big Boss): MID MID 2
Comment
This was the first composition I made which actually got anywhere. It's a strange mix of styles, and I feel like I won't be able to make something like this in a long while. MID 2 is a version that uses more than just piano.
[close]

Generic Sky (Race): MID MID 2
Comment
Very Grant Kirkhope-ish, obviously. I was kind of going for that anyway, but then when I finished, I realised that I didn't use many accidentals (as in, I didn't use ANY), which is something Kirkhope uses a lot in his songs. This is the "Race" version of the song, as the standard overworld is yet to exist. I'll get there at some point. "MID 2" is an instrumental version.
[close]

Generic Sky (Map): MID
Comment
Kind of an overworld map for Generic Sky.
[close]

Generic Sky (Town): MID WAV
Comment
This is a remix of "Generic Overworld (1)". It's almost exactly the same as the original version, with a few nicer touches. In the WAV, I tried for a mix between chiptune and other instruments. What would you call those other instruments anyway? "Organic"? That's what I always call them. I don't want to use the term acoustic, because there's something not very acoustic about an accordion.
[close]

Generic Sky (Main): MID
Comment
(On Musescore) "Ok, let's just see how long thi- 5 MINUTES!?" Yeah, it just kinda happened. It took so long to get the chords in some sections correct. Also I hope my attempts to make each part interesting in their own right have been successful. VERY SLOW-PACED THEME.
[close]

Generic Sky-Factory (Main): MID
Comment
Interesting story with this one. I had a composition called "Generic Overworld (1)", and it sounded pretty good, a nice "happy" feel to it. Problem was, it ended up sharing a section with Generic Overworld 2. It worked better in "2" so I scrapped "1" altogether. At the same time, I didn't want it to go to waste, so I switched it to minor key, removed some notes, and gave it a whole new bassline and layout. Now it's here, but as "Sky-Factory", as to reference its initial connection with Generic Sky.
[close]

Generic Sky-Factory (Conveyor Belt): MID MID 2
Comment
Just a fast paced version of Generic Sky-Factory. "MID 2" is an instrumental version.
[close]

Generic Sky (Map 2): MID
Comment
The second map theme for "Generic Sky". Based in the factory sections.
[close]

Generic Ice

Generic Ice (Race): MID MID 2 WAV
Comment
I just threw something together for this one, and it actually turned out much better than I anticipated. It uses a lot more accidentals than "Generic Sky (Race)", which adds more dynamic to the song. Still very Grant Kirkhope-ish. He's just shaped my ideas on VGMs significantly. "MID 2" is a variant with instruments. At this point I just need to put it into the DK64 sound-font and it'll pretty much sound like it's from DK64.
[close]

Generic Ice (Main): MID WAV
Comment
Ugh, it's just Crystal Caves dammit. I had to shorten the main melody of the "Race" version, otherwise it would just sound weird. This is basically the fully-fledged main version of "Generic Ice".
[close]

Generic Ice (Mid-Boss): MID
Comment
Another variant of "Generic Overworld 3", but instead of sounding like something from Donkey Kong 64, it sounds like something from Super Mario RPG, mixed with other stuff.
[close]

Generic Ice (Map): MID
Comment
Kind of an overworld map for Generic Ice.
[close]

Generic Ice (Challenge): MID
Comment
I quite like this variation. It has a very playful feel to it.
[close]

Generic Ice (Big Boss): MID MID 2 WAV
Comment
The is the most "Grant Kirkhope" thing I could possibly make out of this melody. All the trumpets and horns, the strings playing arpeggios, the type of chords, the extra chord section(s), the really high up trumpets near the end, etc. It's so blatant it's hilarious.
[close]

Generic East?

Generic East? (Main): MID WAV
Comment
A new melody! I tried for a slightly generic "Eastern" style, but I really don't know where it went from there. I'm quite proud of the WAV file, although the mixing is quite different from the usual.
[close]

Generic East? (Map): MID WAV
Comment
Kind of like an overworld map for the Generic East world or something.
[close]

Generic East? (Big Boss): MID PC98
Comment
Lol 2hu. I feel like if you want to compose a Touhou-esque song, you need to think of a character/scenario for it to go with. I kinda made something on the spot, that I won't say. Although this is somewhat Touhou-inspired, I still kept a fair amount of my own style in there. It's still my work lol. "PC98" is a SoundCloud upload using the PC98 Soundfont instead of whatever I'm going to use.
[close]

Generic East? (Mid-Boss): MID
Comment
I had no reason nor want to make this when I did, but it just... happened. The key signature change from C#m to Dm near the end is a bit iffy, but besides that I think it's alright. It barely even counts as "Generic East" though, besides the small section with somewhat noticeable nods to the main theme.
[close]

Generic Spooky?

Generic Spooky (Main): MID MID 2
Comment
Not much to say about this one, except that the 2nd MIDI is SO MUCH BETTER. It has the full instruments, and it really does a lot to the song. Please compare both if you choose to listen.
[close]

Generic Spooky (Challenge): MID
Comment
This motif is surprisingly annoying to work with, so I decided to be messy with the bassline. First time I'm done something in this style, and I think it's alright, but not exactly great. Maybe a full mix might do it some justice.
[close]

Generic Spooky (Map 1) WAV
Comment
Spoopy. The theremin was fun to work with.
[close]

Generic Spooky (Map 2) WAV
Comment
Literally just (Map 1) but with electronic drums. Probably for when you've entered the mansion (which is something I should probably mention whenever I make more music for that.
[close]

Generic Ocean

Generic Ocean (Beach): MID WAV
Comment
There's a story behind this one actually. My friends and I were doing some creativity thing featuring various themes. The theme was "Ocean", and I made this. In doing that, this is the first song I've used a proper soundfont for. Sadly it just sounds like Treasure Trove Cove from Banjo-Kazooie. Great.
[close]

Generic Ocean (Sailing the Seas): MID
Comment
Just a fun 12/8 (or something) song. It's supposed to make you feel like you're traveling across an ocean (duh), but it's a bit short. Just something I threw together that sounded nice.
[close]

Generic Ocean (Mid-Boss): MID WAV
Comment
The first minor-key variant of this motif, and I quite like how it turned out. That reference I put in there wasn't really intentional at first. I just had a flow going. I can imagine a fight against hoards of pirates or something.
[close]

Generic Ocean (Town): MID WAV
Comment
I tried to picture an old-timey town place. I even asked my friends to check if I got the atmosphere. They said "yeah". There's probably a pub in this town somewhere.
[close]

Generic Ocean (Map 1): WAV
Comment
The overworld/map theme for the Generic Ocean world. This one plays on-land (first half (probably)).
[close]

Generic Ocean (Map 2): WAV
Comment
The overworld/map theme for the Generic Ocean world. This one plays over-water (second half (probably)). Because this one's quite different from (Map 1), there'll probably be a full transition (with fade-out), as opposed to an immediate switch or blending between the songs (like in Banjo Kazooie).
[close]

Generic Title Screen

Generic Title Screen (1): MID WAV
Comment
The first time I've shown off the main theme to everyone. I feel like this theme works perfectly as the "generic main theme", and it makes me really happy. I composed the original melody 2 months prior to posting it here.
[close]

Generic Grass

Generic Grass (Main): MID WAV CHIP
Comment
This sounds nice with a good piano soundfont. I can easily imagine this as the first level theme (excluding the obligatory tutorial level of course).

Creating the full instrumental was quite refreshing, because of how much later I did it, and how much I've improved since.
My use of chiptune throughout this soundtrack will really give off the "retro-inspired" vibes which... I kinda really don't want lol. I just like chiptune tbh.
[close]

Generic Grass (Main 3): WAV
Comment
Shockingly, Main 3 was made before Main 2. There's no proper reason why. I tried to make this sound a bit like Yoshi's New Island, but I don't know if I went overboard or not.
[close]

Generic Grass (Race): MID WAV
Comment
I've always wanted to make a song like this. It just seemed to match the style of the Generic Grass motif well.
[close]

Generic Lava

Generic Lava (Castle Entrance): WAV
Comment
This song would probably only work in an autoscrolling or scripted stage. I had a lot of fun messing around with instrument combinations, and I was able to figure out things that work really well. If the sound is muddled, then "whoops".
[close]

Generic Space

Generic Space (Unknown Section): WAV
Comment
Basically the most generic thing I could possibly make that isn't simplistic. It has no place in the metaphorical game, but I made it to show off the "Generic Space" motif.
[close]

Generic Desert

Generic Desert (Main): MID WAV
Comment
This is really chill. A decent chunk of elements from this don't really let it feel like a desert theme at all, and those parts could be almost completely confused with a rainforest aesthetic. Hopefully the minor key feel keeps the rest the way I'd prefer it.
[close]

Miscellaneous

Battle or Something: MID
Comment
This originally started off being called "A VERY Different Style", for good reason. It is a very different style. I'm not sure what kind of style it is, but I just randomly threw something together and got lucky.
[close]

Minor Key Dance: MID
Comment
I'm actually rather proud of this one, but I feel like it bears too much resemblance to other songs I've heard. I don't remember which ones, but it just sounds familiar. I came up with the title about 2 minutes ago, so don't judge it.
[close]

Flight of Freedom ~ Mystic Space: MID MP3
Comment
I cannot think of a good name for the life of me. Also A Minor is a really convenient key signature (of course, that's only the first part). I don't know where I was going with this one, because it starts of like a space-shooter-type-thing, then the chorus hits, which sounds quite different. Extremely happy with how it turned out (for the most part).

Note: The original name was "Another Random Battle Theme".
[close]

Mountain Motif: MID
Comment
Again with the terrible names. This is a pretty simple tune, except for the random major key section at the end, and the transition is a bit iffy. I'm never good with transitions.
[close]

Spooky Manor Ballroom: WAV
Comment
I was told to make something creative about "dance", and I sorta screwed up. The song is fine, but it definitely wasn't what I was going for.
[close]

Fire Stage (Unused): WAV
Comment
First time using FamiTracker. Don't expect greatness.
[close]

Beach Theme: WAV
Comment
I got curious whether or not I could make beach-like songs. I originally struggled with instrument choice, but then I decided on the tenor saxophone and everything else was smooth sailing. I think I can make a beach theme. When it comes to the actual notes, I probably picked F major because of Shy Guy Beach, but then it goes somewhere else in Bb, which isn't really inspired by anything.
[close]

City Central: WAV
Comment
After a long hiatus, this thing suddenly appears, and it's very different from my past works in terms of quality. Like, the mixing actually sounds a little bit legit, and it's at this point where I know how synths work. Threw in some bongos and stuff because bongos make everything sound better I felt like it'd make it more unique.
[close]

Rainforest - Jazz Overworld ("CD" Arrange Ver.): WAV
Comment
My work for the composition elective I did in high school. It's an extended remix of an unfinished piece I had lying around intended for a game my friends and I would jokingly make, obviously within a rainforest area, though that version would sound different to this (I just wrote this to show off some jazz skills lol, though I probably overdid the drums a bit).
[close]
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

cashwarrior1

Wow, these are really good! It has a lot of Kirby, Pokemon, and Shovel Knight vibes to them (the original compositions). Although these are obviously not possible to play (except the last one and maybe the first one) I'd like to ask for the finale files as well as the midi files.

WaluigiTime64

I usually don't intend on making these playable. The only one that is would probably be "Minor Key Dance" (as you suggested), but "Generic Boss Battle" is definitely not playable.

Also these were all made on Musescore, so what I'm giving you is almost completely unedited XML imports.

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Boss Battle: MUS
 - Generic Overworld 2 (Race): MUS
 - Generic Overworld 3 (Race): MUS
 - Battle or Something: MUS
 - Minor key Dance: MUS
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Olimar12345

What's with the "High Quality Video Game Arrangements?"

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Because the arrangements are too high quality for the site. I don't think they can accept them. (Also I will add more whenever I feel like messing around or if I have a really good idea)

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

WaluigiTime64

Dudeman

Quote from: Olimar12345 on May 28, 2016, 03:32:24 PM::)
Hey, don't hate on the arrangements. He only uploads high-quality video game arrangements.     I gotchu bro
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Olimar12345

cashwarrior1

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 28, 2016, 03:01:05 PMAlso these were all made on Musescore, so what I'm giving you is almost completely unedited XML imports.
Well, these unedited XML imports are far better than my manually-made sheet music (probably because I don't have the full version of Finale).

WaluigiTime64

MuseScore lets you do a lot more than what Finale NotePad is capable of. They still look pretty bad visually though.

cashwarrior1

I would use musescore to make my sheet music if my laptop would just stinking open it.

WaluigiTime64

What's the problem exactly? Is it because of the laptop you're using? (MuseScore is a much better alternative to Finale NotePad, even if it is missing some things, so I think you should try to get it working)