WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Oh, that's interesting. Well, the ones you do make are really good so far. (must've gone well, I assume?)

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever post compositions that didn't go smoothly.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

"Generic Sky-Factory" has now been added to the collection, under "Generic Sky".
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

"Generic Sky (Race)" has now been given an instrumental version (or whatever you want to call it), and "Generic Sky-Factory" now has a map theme: "Generic Sky (Map 2)".

WaluigiTime64

Just some more of my garbage:

- Generic Ice (Challenge)
 - Generic Sky (Town)

cashwarrior1

WaluigiTime64

Yeah, I remember making that one a while ago. I was quite surprised with the result.

WaluigiTime64

This one was long overdue. "Generic Sky (Main)" is now on the thread. My longest piece by far.

WaluigiTime64

Been a while since I've created something new.

Original Composition:
 - Another Random Battle Theme: MID

I can't think of names.

This is a completely original song, and has no affiliation with the "Generic" series. It's a strange space-shooter thing, except for the chorus. I don't know what kind of environment it would play in.

cashwarrior1

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 09, 2016, 03:30:54 AMIt's a strange space-shooter thing, except for the chorus. I don't know what kind of environment it would play in.
Yeah, it does sound like a space-shooter, until the chorus. The chorus sounds like an RPG which makes me think that it'd fit in like a space RPG where it's like a tactical RPG where your characters are ships and when the enemies attack, it becomes a shooter game. (Completely original idea! Yeah)

WaluigiTime64

Actually that sounds pretty cool.

Still can't think of that name though.

cashwarrior1

Dekkadeci

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 09, 2016, 03:30:54 AMBeen a while since I've created something new.

Original Composition:
 - Another Random Battle Theme: MID

I can't think of names.

This is a completely original song, and has no affiliation with the "Generic" series. It's a strange space-shooter thing, except for the chorus. I don't know what kind of environment it would play in.
Other than the repeated-note beginning, this one reminds me of Touhou music...or piano transcriptions of it, at least.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 28, 2016, 03:01:05 PMOriginal Compositions:
 - Generic Boss Battle: MUS
This older song reminds me more of Pokemon battle music. Perhaps it's the first several bars' use of a C minor(-like) key, Phrygian-scale notes, parallel 4ths, and a strong walking bass. (Dang, there are a lot of Pokemon songs in C minor(-like keys)...)

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 09, 2016, 03:16:50 PMOther than the repeated-note beginning, this one reminds me of Touhou music...or piano transcriptions of it, at least.

Oh no it's rubbing off on me

It's likely the chorus, because of the chord progression. That progression is very common in Touhou songs, as well as plenty of other soundtracks. It's so easy to use and manipulate. This song actually reminds me of a song from Bomberman 64 for some reason. Strange.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on July 09, 2016, 03:16:50 PMThis older song reminds me more of Pokemon battle music. Perhaps it's the first several bars' use of a C minor(-like) key, Phrygian-scale notes, parallel 4ths, and a strong walking bass. (Dang, there are a lot of Pokemon songs in C minor(-like keys)...)

Oh goodness, that old one. It still holds up, even though that was basically my first composition. I saw that intro bit as similar to Pokemon, but then it develops into other things, with some sections being like Banjo-Kazooie and other things I can't name off the top of my head.

WaluigiTime64

I tried to be a bit different. Didn't happen.

Original Composition:
 - Generic Spooky (Main): MID MID 2

I'd suggest comparing both versions. There's a BIG difference between Solo Piano and Full Instrumentation.