News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

WaluigiTime64's Compositions: Generic Grass (Main) WAV

Started by WaluigiTime64, May 27, 2016, 04:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oronoco

Oh, it's been a while, but I still really enjoy your compositions! I don't have any nice critiques for you, but I think it'd be so cool to hear these in a game.

Quote from: FireArrow on September 27, 2017, 01:22:55 AMAlso I don't know what you're talking about, you capture the mood so well in this piece. Like, really fucking well please tell me your seccret.
I agree!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Oronoco on September 29, 2017, 09:31:52 AMOh, it's been a while, but I still really enjoy your compositions! I don't have any nice critiques for you, but I think it'd be so cool to hear these in a game.
Oh thank you! Sorry I was late to reply.

Guess I was waiting for another composition but I accidentally waited too long.

Well I have another one here, except this time it's a miscellaneous one:

Original Compositions:
 - Beach Theme: WAV

I tried to make a very beach-like song. I think it works.

EDIT: I had to fix it because I managed to miss the fact that the bass wasn't synced at the last part.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Well actually these last two were made in FL Studio's demo. Sure I can't really open the files anymore but they sound much better than if I made them on other software (I think, anyway). Before then I'd use LMMS, but the problem was that I relied way too much on the garbage reverb options that made everything sound weird at different volumes. I could probably go back to it using the mixing methods I've been using more recently, but there's other reasons I don't want to go back.
in all honesty i should probably just pirate FL Studio because its price is ridiculous anyway

Also when it comes to "writing music" in a more literal sense, some of the parts are composed on MuseScore first.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Welp.

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Spooky (Map 1): WAV
 - Generic Spooky (Map 2): WAV

I know that (Map 2) is just (Map 1) with a cool beat, which is why I've posted them at the same time. Really I'm just trying to ride on the whole "Halloween" thing that I don't really care about lol. Just a way of forcing myself to be productive.

AmpharosAndy

innit

WaluigiTime64

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days."

hoo boy

Original Compositions:
 - City Central: WAV

I've done a lot of things either released elsewhere or not at all, which hopefully has made a difference to the quality of my music since however long ago I used to consistently post these. Whatever the case is, it's been a while, and I want to post something new.

It's not like I spent the whole year working on this or anything. I just had a framework lying around (as I always do) and threw it around until this came out. The framework existed and had a purpose that long ago too actually, but I didn't have enough time (or the skill) to complete it. Here it is now. The theme for the city level in some silly game my friends were planning.

Also amusing related to how far back this goes is that soon after I made the frame over a year ago, I stated to be surprised about it being 1:50, like that's an incredible length or something. It repeats phrases a bunch anyway.

idk it's late and i'm tired so i'm just writing this all up without thinking lol

WaluigiTime64

i only got 84% for music and i'm mildly disappointed

Original Compositions:
Rainforest - Jazz Overworld ("CD" Arrange Ver.): WAV

Anyway, I got my high school results back, meaning it's time to post what I made for the composition elective. I had to rush this, the manuscript, and a journal-esque composition portfolio in two weeks so I probably could've made some better decisions with this arrangement.
Yes, arrangement. It's a remix of a composition I have lying around, intended for some stupid game my friends and I were jokingly developing. Obviously, it was intended for a rainforest environment, but I pulled my usual remixing style and made something that sounded a bit different to show off instruments and jazz work.
I don't know what mark I actually got for this lol. The composition aspect was just part of it, and I only received my overall mark (at least, for the moment).

also that name is something i decided to call it just then and was not the name i submitted. it's only a "cd" arrangement in the sense that it's the kind of remix that would appear in an official soundtrack as a bonus track

cashwarrior1

Hi. Holy crap, you improved a lot (from the last time I've heard you). City Central reminds me of a sonic level, and it sounds perfect imo. The jazz song reminds me of Banjo Kazooie (even though I've never played it lol) and it's just so happy. You mentioned being graded on these? I probably missed some information from earlier :P

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 01, 2019, 05:44:13 PMHi. Holy crap, you improved a lot (from the last time I've heard you).
That's good to hear! (i always worry about not improving)

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 01, 2019, 05:44:13 PMCity Central reminds me of a sonic level, and it sounds perfect imo.
Thanks! I'm not really familiar enough with sonic music (at least, older sonic music anyway) but I can hear that.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 01, 2019, 05:44:13 PMThe jazz song reminds me of Banjo Kazooie (even though I've never played it lol) and it's just so happy.
Grant Kirkhope will always be one of my larger influences, though this particular piece is also fused heavily with J-Pop (more than Kirkhope's style). The last section becoming so cheery was a bit unintentional but I really liked how it ended up.

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 01, 2019, 05:44:13 PMYou mentioned being graded on these? I probably missed some information from earlier :P
Nah it's just that I got my final result for music class. Because they only give the total mark of all the components I'll never know what I got for the composition itself (it was also just Jazz Overworld that got marked).

cashwarrior1

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on January 01, 2019, 11:08:04 PMNah it's just that I got my final result for music class. Because they only give the total mark of all the components I'll never know what I got for the composition itself (it was also just Jazz Overworld that got marked).
That's cool, though. I wish I was in a music class :P

FireArrow

What you had a composition elective in high school im jealous >:C
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on January 02, 2019, 05:52:57 AMThat's cool, though. I wish I was in a music class :P
My music class probably would've been more fun had there been less history-type stuff.

Quote from: FireArrow on February 11, 2019, 11:58:55 PMWhat you had a composition elective in high school im jealous >:C
It's funny because I didn't even know this until about 4 weeks before final internal exams.

So I'm randomly back to post something. If I can't spend enough time in the arrangement boards then maybe I can put a little more effort in here, by the very least. It's been a while so things'll sound quite different I think.

Original Compositions:
 - Generic Grass (Main): WAV

Yep, it's time for a full version. Figured a good one to pick would be the first level. Not the style I was initially expecting, but hopefully there's still some Yoshi-type vibes in there somewhere. The chiptune reminds me a bit of Yoshi's New Island actually.
I should probably tone down on the chiptune anyway, because I'm not going for the whole "retro-inspired" thing at all, but I just like working with chiptune and other synthesisers lol.

cashwarrior1

I love the combination of chiptune and real instruments! The piece sounds super fun and makes me want to go out on an adventure, lol

Latios212

I agree :P I love unreasonably upbeat stuff like this. I think the level of chiptune sounds is just fine!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 09, 2019, 06:56:45 AMNot the style I was initially expecting, but hopefully there's still some Yoshi-type vibes in there somewhere. The chiptune reminds me a bit of Yoshi's New Island actually.
I'm definitely getting a Paper Mario vibe from this, more specifically Sticker Star. I can't exactly articulate it very clearly right now but... the instruments and textures feel very familiar to me.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle