News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

dajwxp - Quick-Learns! ^^ (SSBB Fire Emblem Theme! [Latios212])

Started by daj, June 12, 2016, 07:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

performance thingies!
i.e. my quick-learn funsies thread~

the channel!

the performance playlist!

The Quick-Learn.
me can read your arrangements! ^^

The title says it all. I pick up a piece, turn on 110% focus for as long as required, and polish it to at least 80% performance standard. It is really intense, and I love it. Haha. :p

I used to scavenge Classical collections for easy-ish pieces for this purpose last time, but it happens that I'm in a site that publishes VGM arrangements online, most of which are infinitely more fun to play than Classical stuff. So yes! I will gladly take requests for this ^^

My objective is to give you the best possible rendition of your awesome arrangement using the power of focus and concentration. Aaand it's good training for me, so I kinda benefit too :)

Pokemon DPPt - Route 201 (Day)
Latios212
70 mins / Quite Tough

Spoiler
[close]

Pokemon XY - Route 1
Latios212
30 minutes / Not Too Bad ^^

Spoiler
[close]

Mario Kart Wii - No Trophy For You!
Sebastian
10 minutes / Fun-Read :)

Spoiler
[close]

Pokemon DPPt - Snowpoint City
me ^^
75 minutes / Quite Tough

Spoiler
[close]

Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene
G-Han
50 minutes / Moderate

Spoiler
[close]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Starship Mario 1
Sebastian
90 minutes / Difficult

Spoiler
[close]

Chrono Trigger - Ocean Palace
The Deku Trombonist
120 minutes / Difficult

Spoiler
[close]

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Green Greens
Onionleaf
175 minutes / Difficult

Spoiler
[close]

Pokemon DPPt - Valor Lakefront (Night)
me!~
105 minutes / Moderate

Spoiler
[close]

Undertale - Fallen Down
braixen1264
60 minutes / Moderate

Spoiler
[close]

Undertale - Snowdin Town
braixen1264
120 minutes / Moderate-Tough

Spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

Don't push yourself too hard on these, you want to make sure you can perform the song well and do it justice!

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

W-WHAT

HOW DO YOU SIGHT READ THAT IN NO TIME AT ALL

AMAZE
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on June 12, 2016, 07:59:18 PMHey that's really good

Haha, thank you so much ^^

Quote from: Latios212 on June 12, 2016, 08:42:33 PMW-WHAT

HOW DO YOU SIGHT READ THAT IN NO TIME AT ALL

AMAZE

Through pain and the fires of hell, materialising in the form of frikkin middle voice triplets in the last four bars. What the heck were you thinking? >:(

Haha nah, bad joke. The writing was intricate, but not as illogical as a Bach Fugue, and extremely fun to work out. You could probably see it in the video! ^^ I was really into the playing, and that's a good arrangement you have there. The clear writing helped a lot with the learning and you gave me, as a performer, lots of liberty to mess around with the expressions. Which was awesome~

A good performance begins with a good score, no? :)

One more thing! If you'd like, I can scan the the score that I read and mutilated in the process - if you're into those things ^^

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 12, 2016, 07:51:21 PMDon't push yourself too hard on these, you want to make sure you can perform the song well and do it justice!

Definitely! :) Doing a piece justice is a given. But not pushing hard is against my core values haha. So yeah~

FireArrow

Waiiiiit, this is so cool. Besides that one slip up you made the triplets flow perfectly with the piece im so jealous

Now onto the more important matter...
Quote from: dajwxp on June 12, 2016, 09:09:23 PMHaha nah, bad joke. The writing was intricate, but not as illogical as a Bach Fugue, and extremely fun to work out.

Woah there buddy, I'll have you not insult my bf like that. I'll have you know bach is amazing - and highly logical - and his fugues are the greatest things to ever bless this earth.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

Quote from: FireArrow on June 13, 2016, 08:53:33 PMNow onto the more important matter...
Woah there buddy, I'll have you not insult my bf like that. I'll have you know bach is amazing - and highly logical - and his fugues are the greatest things to ever bless this earth.

You...would be completely right to say that. :p. Man, now that I read back what I wrote I realised I messed up something, haha. I think I was thinking about intricacy with regards to messed-up fingering, and that wasn't the right way to put it. At all. Forgive me, Bach! >< forgive the asians, for my asian engrish limits me actually not really at all it was just ignorant haha take that bach

Mm, hope it clarifies something! Was a slip-up on my part ^^;. Thought about intricacy, somehow linked to crazy fingerings, and the writing skipped a step there. Sorry bout that, we all love Bach :)

(and yes i loved studying his fugues too! playing them was a completely different experience though.)

Olimar12345

Just FYI: "sight reading" refers to the first time you read and play something without practicing it. Technically you did aight read this at the beginning, but performing this after an hour of practicing it doesn't really make it a "sight-reading" exercise anymore, lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

daj

Quote from: Olimar12345 on June 14, 2016, 09:17:45 AMJust FYI: "sight reading" refers to the first time you read and play something without practicing it. Technically you did aight read this at the beginning, but performing this after an hour of practicing it doesn't really make it a "sight-reading" exercise anymore, lol.

Ooh. You're right, hehe. Wasn't taught it that way haha, but now I know! Thanks for pointing it out! :)

Changed the title to "1-Hour Learn"! :) Doesn't have as cool a ring to it, but oh well~

Will change the youtube name once i get proper wifi!

Onionleaf

That was great! Would love to hear more NSM performances from you. :)

daj

Quote from: Onionleaf on June 16, 2016, 04:16:30 AMThat was great! Would love to hear more NSM performances from you. :)

Thank you so much man ^^

~

Oh yes! I intend to do at least one quick-learn either tomorrow or on Monday. Currently completely open and undecided; if you guys have scores that you want read and you think are fun to play hehe that would be a nice bonus please feel free to drop me PMs with scores! ^^ Would love to read your sheets :)

daj

Latios212's Route 1, from Pokemon XY! :) Really fun (and much easier haha the route 201 was tough) little work there.

Don't mind the little bit of messing around at the end, hehe.

DS

Oh my gosh LOL when you started playing the "Athletic" theme at the end :*)

That was really cute (um, don't take that in a creepy way plz), I love messing around with songs and adding different harmonies or rhythms, it's just so great to be able to put your own spin on a song

Latios212

Hey this is pretty perfect for just an hour, yet again ^^ Thanks again for taking the time to play my sheet!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

Quote from: DS on June 20, 2016, 04:51:14 AMOh my gosh LOL when you started playing the "Athletic" theme at the end :*)

That was really cute (um, don't take that in a creepy way plz), I love messing around with songs and adding different harmonies or rhythms, it's just so great to be able to put your own spin on a song

Didn't intend to play the "Athletic" theme specifically, but whee! Nice to know that something materialised out of it :p

Also yes! Improvisation is fun. Very fun :)

Quote from: Latios212 on June 20, 2016, 09:21:28 PMHey this is pretty perfect for just an hour, yet again ^^ Thanks again for taking the time to play my sheet!

No problem :)

Once again, thank you for a fantastic sheet!~