dajwxp - Quick-Learns! ^^ (SSBB Fire Emblem Theme! [Latios212])

Started by daj, June 12, 2016, 07:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Quote from: dajwxp on June 21, 2016, 01:44:34 AMDidn't intend to play the "Athletic" theme specifically, but whee!
Latios?

FireArrow

That was really cute (take that in the creepy way plz) when you started dancing to it about 8 seconds in.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

daj

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 21, 2016, 04:48:28 AMLatios?

More like, Mr. Kageyama?
(the guy who composed the original route 1)

Quote from: FireArrow on June 21, 2016, 08:14:53 PMThat was really cute (take that in the creepy way plz) when you started dancing to it about 8 seconds in.

Haha xD *blush*

I knew that I was dancing a little in the recording haha, buuut having someone point that out was...awesome in a weird way? :p Thanks for the comment haha! ^^ If you ever see any weird antics appearing in future videos, know that your comment made them possible :)

Though, I'm not sure how you can NOT dance to a fun little piece like that. It's so happy! Argh! It's like the kind of song that makes you want to smash innocent tiny pokes without regret :')

-

P.s. Doing one read tomorrow! If you guys have stuff that you want read (preferably on site haha) then feel free to shoot me one ^^

daj

Did on ultra-quick read of Sebastian's "No Trophy For You!" from Mario Kart Wii. It was so quick that i thought I could do a much tougher one, so for the funsies and because DS brought it up, I went for the Athletic Rag...and I failed miserably.

Watch me fail at ragtime: https://www.instagram.com/ord061117/BG-1_uEM_F4

You can't learn that in an hour, haha. I'll hold on to it for some time :p

Though, this little track here is something I'd definitely play to someone who's failed miserably in something ^^

*plays to myself*

also changed the name of these fast projects from "1-hr Learn" to "Quick-Learn", because that's what I started calling it after I realised that you couldn't always jam your sessions within an hour.

just to clear the muck, the reason why i termed it a "one-hour read" at first was because i usually spent the first hour of each practice session on learning simple pieces for performance. usually it stops after one piece, so i assume it takes up the full hour~

daj

Did my own Snowpoint City today! Also found some mistakes haha, buuut that's for me to fix.

Anyway, video! ^^

DS

Oh hey, you look like a guy I know... do you just happen to have amazing handwriting or be very skilled in calligraphy, perchance?

daj

Quote from: DS on June 25, 2016, 03:34:17 AMOh hey, you look like a guy I know... do you just happen to have amazing handwriting or be very skilled in calligraphy, perchance?

Mm, good handwriting, kinda. That's what people say, along with the fact that I write for ants to read. If you'd like, the route 216 art on my arrangement thread has a pretty accurate sample ^^

Nothing about calligraphy though! :)

(pm me if you'd like toguess bwahahaha)

daj

Quick-Read: "Wind Scene" from Chrono Trigger
by G-Han, with a bunch of edits

Did a new read! ^^ It was actually much tougher than I thought it would be haha. Learning it was easy, but getting it recorded was not - the blips in the bassline have to be hit perfectly. And that took a while. Would have given a little more practice time to those if I had a chance to try this again~

daj

Quick-Read: "Starship Mario" from Super Mario Galaxy 2
Sebastian

HOLY CRUD THAT WAS HARD. and awesome ^^

Eh, not a perfect recording; you probably can hear a bunch of mistakes. Buuuut it's the best I could pull off in ninety minutes and dragging the session any longer would by bad.

WaluigiTime64

Jeez, some people are so awesome. In 90 minutes? Wow. It would take me days to learn a song like that.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Onionleaf

I second that! Wish it would only take me that long to learn a piece and bring it up to such a high standard.
Love coming back here and seeing your choice of arrangements, you're doing a superb job!

DS

OK now I have to learn to play this 0_o

Loving the bounce you have in your technique, just reminds me so much of the OST when I used to play SMG2 and just screw around by jumping on everyone's heads and throwing Starbits at them :P My favorite part though had to be 2:39

daj

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 01, 2016, 12:03:22 AMJeez, some people are so awesome. In 90 minutes? Wow. It would take me days to learn a song like that.

Quote from: Onionleaf on July 01, 2016, 04:07:28 AMI second that! Wish it would only take me that long to learn a piece and bring it up to such a high standard.

Ahh, you're all too kind. I'm flattered, ahh, thank you so much <3

It doesn't come easy at all though, haha. Maybe in the future I'll post a little video on the learning process, where you'll see me mumbling to myself and defacing the score. And then all the flop recordings too, haha. Hard work over talent, skill over flair ^^

But heck, I won't discount your kind remarks - thank you so much, I promise to deliver more and better ^^

QuoteLove coming back here and seeing your choice of arrangements, you're doing a superb job!

This comment made my day and my next few days! ^^ I love you man~

If you'd like feel free to send me scores that you'd like read! I mean, it's open to everyone, buuuut i feel some kind of need to resiprocate your kind words and playing something you wrote would be a nice start ^^. No shame~

Quote from: DS on July 01, 2016, 04:26:56 AMOK now I have to learn to play this 0_o

haha didn't you, latios and I call dibs on this at some point? ;)

It is -very- hard, I promise you. Spent around forty minutes just working on that left-hand part, fifteen minutes on everything else, and the rest of the time on recording. It is tough. If you wanna learn it though, definitely start from the left hand and build up! ^^ After you've secured your left hand pattern then work on your right hand notes, then your right hand phrasing - the phrasing is very different in both hands, hehe.

All the best! Looking forward to awesomeness <3

QuoteLoving the bounce you have in your technique, just reminds me so much of the OST when I used to play SMG2 and just screw around by jumping on everyone's heads and throwing Starbits at them :P

Haha, thank you! ^^ Worked on that a lot; it warms me to hear you say that, thank you again :)

QuoteMy favorite part though had to be 2:39

Haha yes! Don't we all love some screwing around? ^^

DS

Quote from: dajwxp on July 01, 2016, 04:41:59 AMIt is -very- hard, I promise you. Spent around forty minutes just working on that left-hand part, fifteen minutes on everything else, and the rest of the time on recording. It is tough. If you wanna learn it though, definitely start from the left hand and build up! ^^ After you've secured your left hand pattern then work on your right hand notes, then your right hand phrasing - the phrasing is very different in both hands, hehe.

Yeah I just started working on it today, that LH is tough but once I got it, it just felt so  ::)

DS

Quote from: dajwxp on July 01, 2016, 04:41:59 AMhaha didn't you, latios and I call dibs on this at some point? ;)

Probably, but I call dibs on "World S", I've already gotten started on it :P