Official "I'm Away Topic"

Started by Concerto No.20 in D minor, June 26, 2008, 09:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cashwarrior1

Oh yeah, I went camping... Oops.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Hero of Trains

I just started school, so I'm not sure how active I'll be. Last year I basically dropped off the face of the earth, hopefully it won't be that bad this year, though.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

DonValentino

Well guys, sorry if this is too sudden, but I will be leaving NSM shortly. Honestly it's been in my head for quite a while now but I feel now is the time to do it.

The reasons are pretty straightforward. Unfortunately, truth is that I've been slowly losing interest in checking arrangements and arranging altogether. I just don't feel like it anymore, and I find myself not able to notate in a sheet the idea I have in mind for a song, which is really frustrating. I can't see the point in arranging a dull transcription of a song anymore either. Also, I know that as an Updater, I'm not being helpful with my inactivity, and that's not fair for you guys. NSM needs active and dedicated Updaters to keep things alive, and I don't think I can fit that requirement anymore.

That's why I'd like to step down from my Updater status and officially stop arranging. Maybe in the future I'll arrange again, who knows, but I sincerely don't see myself going back to NSM to do so even as much as I love it. I know I haven't been the most popular guy, since most of my posts were only related to arrangements. That said, I did make good friends with people like fingerz, Jompa, MaestroAamir (now SirDino) and of course my Updater pals among others, and just for that my stay here was very worth it. That's not it though, I also learned a lot and even had the honor to be an Updater! For that, I feel I should be thankful to the whole community for their support.

In any case, I leave knowing that NSM has perhaps the strongest Updater team ever it deserves. We have our very hardworking,  recently promoted Updaters, JDMEK5 and Maelstrom, and the more veterans, Latios, Bespinben and Olimar. Thank you and congratulations for all your hard work!

So yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't want to make this overly emotional or dramatic, but it's hard to make this step. Needless
to say though, I'll still be checking in now and then to take a look at the new great updates and stuff!

See you guys around, take care.

Spoiler
[close]

P.S.: I'm also very sorry to say that I won't be leaving any of my arrangements aside from the ones already on site... Please understand.

P.S.S: One final arrangement.

Maelstrom

Good luck to you, wherever you may go.

Nebbles

Best of luck in your life Don - I will miss you!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Oronoco

I'm really grateful for how kind you were when I joined (and back when I still submitted things). Thank you so much Don, and good luck moving ahead!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Sebastian

DON D:

I will greatly miss you, buddy. I'm very thankful for all the help you've ever given me. You've helped me learn, and for that I'm very thankful. I wish you all the luck in the world for the next endeavor that you may pursue and I hope you do the very best at any and every obstacle you may come upon. You will leave a void when you leave.

Spoiler
:'(
[close]

WaluigiTime64

AGH NO DON'T LEAVE

Well, I understand that kind of feeling you're going through. It would be pointless to force yourself to work on something you're not interested in anymore.

Best of luck in the future.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

JDMEK5

You're allowed to leave only on the condition that you return occasionally to say hello (jk, you don't have to).

I have the following three things to say to you as I do every member that leaves us:
"1) Even if we walk different paths, one must always live on as strong as you are able!
 2) You must never treat your own life as something insignificant!
 3) Although we walk different paths, you have to promise to live the rest of your life to the fullest. That means to treat every day like it was gonna be your last in this world. Don't forget your friends at NSM. You must treasure them for as long as you live!"

I'm sad to see you go, man, but you know what's best for you so if this is what that is, I'm happy for you. I wish you the very best. Farewell, my friend. It's been an honor working with you.

P.S. We all still have skype
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Oronoco

Drop in again soon! I'll actually try to finish some SoA arrangements.

(Enticing sample to convince myself I'm serious.)
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

We didn't talk a whole lot, but I still valued (and will miss) your presence on the forums...
Take care my friend~
what is shitpost

SlowPokemon

Goodbye and good work, soldier.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness