News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Finale Products

Started by Palagerini, June 26, 2008, 07:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palagerini

What are the differences between Finale Allegro, Printmusic, and Songwriter? I ask this because i will probaly be working on songs all summer so why not? and that i kinda hate to keep asking people for sheets with certain statistics... and no ai'm not buying it... just doing the demo....
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Parker2334

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Palagerini

ah thanks... so allegro is the best demo i see.... sides finale...
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Beethoven II

Notepad: Used mostly for viewing the  .mus files. I do not recommend this for making songs or arranging them. up to 8 stvs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Songwriter:* More articulations. Simple expressions.  Repeats work;you may change key sig in mid-song;you may change clef in mid-song. I recommend this for simple arranging or beginning songwriter. Up to 8 staves. Larger instrument selection
PrintMusic: * (what i use) Large articulation selection.  Advanced expression tool. Advanced keysig changing tool.  Increased editing tools.  Up to 128th notes avaible. 8vas and 8vb avaible. Program edit/looks option.  You may add graphics. I recommend this for experienced musicians, arrangers, or composers. Up to 24 staves. Huge instrument selection.
Allegro: * Basically a slight upgrade of Printmusic. More options. Unlimited Staves.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Finale: * Flabergasting articulation selection.  Full expression tool.  You may change key sigs, and clefs in mid-MEASURE,
15vas and 15vb avaible.  Mass editing tools. Full program options.  Unlimited staves. Mindwiping instrument selection. You may creat and save your own ensembles.  Basically, just about everything avaible in music is here. You may apply songs to videos, too.  There's so much stuff it's a little confusing...
---------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helped...for more info, go here: Finale's website

* These versions have a ScanLite feature that you may scan music directly to the program. Also, they can creat MP3s.

Palagerini

lol awesome... and thanks... i was gonna send my friend who doesn't have finale an midi but when he tried it, it didn't work... but mp3's work on his.. i got printmusic anyway =P
<ktp753>ouch.

PianoMan

What are the prices of each if you get the full version?

Beethoven II

I think

Free-$60-$100-$150-$400

[edit] actually it's free-$50-$100-$200-$600

Palagerini

wow.... that's alot of money for some programs....
<ktp753>ouch.

The Mindzeye

I use the allegro 2007 demo. For some reason I have unlimited time on it so it lasts forever.