Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Hell Prominence (Melty Molten Galaxy)"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

This is probably my favorite piece from the SMG soundtrack; I've always wanted to arrange it but I never had any good ideas until recently. My main goal was to capture the really deep percussive sound that the original has, and I think I got somewhere closer than our current sheet up now. Such a cool tune...

Olimar12345

Solid, man. Really solid. Killer Choco Island arrangement too, by the way. Really phenomenal stuff you're doing.

Edit, I just noticed at measure 21 of Choco Island you've got A7 written, but it looks and sounds more like Am7, just a heads up.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Static

Quote from: Olimar12345 on April 03, 2020, 01:50:44 PMSolid, man. Really solid. Killer Choco Island arrangement too, by the way. Really phenomenal stuff you're doing.

Edit, I just noticed at measure 21 of Choco Island you've got A7 written, but it looks and sounds more like Am7, just a heads up.
Thanks! It really means a lot! I got a lot more to come, so stay tuned...

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, nice catch. I've fixed the files for both the link that I posted here and on the main site.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on April 02, 2020, 07:21:47 PM
[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Hell Prominence (Melty Molten Galaxy)"

This is probably my favorite piece from the SMG soundtrack; I've always wanted to arrange it but I never had any good ideas until recently. My main goal was to capture the really deep percussive sound that the original has, and I think I got somewhere closer than our current sheet up now. Such a cool tune...

This is an outstanding sheet, Static! I really like everything you've done with it.

Though, I'd hate for the original sheet to go off the site. It's the very first sheet I downloaded, some time back in 4th grade when I found it on YouTube here. Ahh, the memories. But hey, this is a needed replacement, and who better to do it than you?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Zeila

Hell Prominence sounds great! I have a few comments about it:
  • according to the platinum version of the soundtrack it's only called Melty Molten Galaxy, although if Hell Prominence is some really popular title or Japanese translation then I guess that's okay
  • maybe you could write the synth/voicing at m17 and 101 as portato
  • you could add mordents to the first or last note of each phrase during that m21 section

That's pretty much it, nice work once again :>

mbugert

Hi, I'm new around here and hope this is the right place to get in touch. :)

I tried your BOTW arrangement for the cave theme and after listening to a slowed-down version from the game, I think there are some fixes/improvements that could be made:
  • In bar 5, a Gb is missing. Not sure which finger is best here, maybe 1 RH?
  • In bar 6, the same Gb is missing and the topmost Eb should be Db. In the game version, LH likely only plays the lower two notes which feels more comfortable to me.
  • Bars 7, 8 could be played easier if the Gb is moved to the RH. This is also the most likely fingering based on the slowed down recording.

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 04, 2020, 02:57:06 PMThis is an outstanding sheet, Static! I really like everything you've done with it.

Though, I'd hate for the original sheet to go off the site. It's the very first sheet I downloaded, some time back in 4th grade when I found it on YouTube here. Ahh, the memories. But hey, this is a needed replacement, and who better to do it than you?
Thanks! Glad it could bring back some nice memories.

Quote from: Zeila on April 04, 2020, 08:51:12 PMHell Prominence sounds great! I have a few comments about it:
  • according to the platinum version of the soundtrack it's only called Melty Molten Galaxy, although if Hell Prominence is some really popular title or Japanese translation then I guess that's okay
  • maybe you could write the synth/voicing at m17 and 101 as portato
  • you could add mordents to the first or last note of each phrase during that m21 section

That's pretty much it, nice work once again :>
If you click on the next tab over, just "English", the direct translations are used. This is one of the few tracks where the translation is really different from the localized name, so I think it's helpful to include both titles (also this is just my opinion but Hell Prominence sounds really cool for a track title lol). I added the portato markings for those measures, but I'm not sure about the mordents. In the original track they do sound like mordents, but the pitch wavers more smoothly across the different notes (like a tiny glissando or something); writing it for piano doesn't really give it the same sound. I think it sounds better just leaving them as normal notes.
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: mbugert on April 10, 2020, 01:31:00 AMHi, I'm new around here and hope this is the right place to get in touch. :)

I tried your BOTW arrangement for the cave theme and after listening to a slowed-down version from the game, I think there are some fixes/improvements that could be made:
  • In bar 5, a Gb is missing. Not sure which finger is best here, maybe 1 RH?
  • In bar 6, the same Gb is missing and the topmost Eb should be Db. In the game version, LH likely only plays the lower two notes which feels more comfortable to me.
  • Bars 7, 8 could be played easier if the Gb is moved to the RH. This is also the most likely fingering based on the slowed down recording.
We have a thread for sheet errors like this, but directly contacting me is OK too (that way I have no excuse not to miss it... lol).
I listened back to the recording and played along with those suggestions; it's all good. For m5, I think the Gb is comfortable in finger 2 RH, like in m6, so you don't have to move your hands for that part. I've adjusted m13-16 also. I've made the changes to the files, so if you check now it should be fixed and ready to go. Thanks for the feedback!

Static

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Rainbow Road" (with Latios212)

[NEO] Metal Slug 2 - "LIVIN' ON THE DECK (Stage 3-1)"

Some more neat sheets.

Static

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Underground"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Miscellaneous Short Themes"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Egg is Rescued"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Fortress Clear Fanfare"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Bonus Screen Clear Fanfare"

A few sheets that were missing for a long time... until now.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on April 30, 2020, 04:48:08 PM
[SNES] Super Mario World - "Underground"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Miscellaneous Short Themes"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Egg is Rescued"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Fortress Clear Fanfare"

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Bonus Screen Clear Fanfare"

A few sheets that were missing for a long time... until now.

Super job on these, Static! Glad you stepped up to finish them when no one else did.

I've just got a few questions on these, just out of curiosity:

- for "Nintendo Logo", why did you use a whole 4/4 bar when the jingle itself only lasts a single beat?
- we've disagreed about this kind of in the past, but I think "Peach's Item" might sound better an octave up. Then again, with the instrumentation it's kinda hard to tell
- is there any reason the last 3 sheets aren't part of the short themes compilation? I think they're short enough to warrant spots in the collection, and maybe we could move the existing fanfare sheets into this one (or make new versions for them), if you ever end up submitting it
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 30, 2020, 05:24:34 PMSuper job on these, Static! Glad you stepped up to finish them when no one else did.

I've just got a few questions on these, just out of curiosity:

- for "Nintendo Logo", why did you use a whole 4/4 bar when the jingle itself only lasts a single beat?
- we've disagreed about this kind of in the past, but I think "Peach's Item" might sound better an octave up. Then again, with the instrumentation it's kinda hard to tell
- is there any reason the last 3 sheets aren't part of the short themes compilation? I think they're short enough to warrant spots in the collection, and maybe we could move the existing fanfare sheets into this one (or make new versions for them), if you ever end up submitting it
Thanks!

- 1/4 looks weird, and I wanted it to kinda fill more space on the page... I don't really have a real musical reason for it lol. I changed it to a bar of 1/4.
- There are two lines doubled at different octaves (the one I wrote and 2 octaves higher). I think the lower one is more prominent so that's the one I picked.
- The fanfares on site aren't currently in their own compilations, and my short themes sheet is mostly sound effects and things like that, not full musical fanfares. I wouldn't be against combining anything, but I'll wait till I submit, whenever that happens.

I also added a tempo marking to Underground since I forgot it.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on April 30, 2020, 06:05:19 PM- 1/4 looks weird, and I wanted it to kinda fill more space on the page... I don't really have a real musical reason for it lol. I changed it to a bar of 1/4.
- There are two lines doubled at different octaves (the one I wrote and 2 octaves higher). I think the lower one is more prominent so that's the one I picked.
- The fanfares on site aren't currently in their own compilations, and my short themes sheet is mostly sound effects and things like that, not full musical fanfares. I wouldn't be against combining anything, but I'll wait till I submit, whenever that happens.

- it's really not that important; maybe for sheets with lots of jingles, but here it just looks nicer
- I suggested one octave to split the difference, but the bottom works too. It's just a preference thing, and nothing more
- sounds like a good call to me; either way, it will be good to have this stuff on the site

Radiak488417

Are you planning on doing this one, too? Doesn't look like we have it on-site yet.

Static

Ah, totally forgot about that one! I think I'll arrange it tomorrow.

Static

[SNES] Super Mario World - "Bowser's Castle Emerges"

[SFC] Final Fantasy V - "Fire Ship"

OK, now the SMW soundtrack is complete.