News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 22, 2016, 12:15:33 PMNice.
Thanks!

Quote from: Dude on December 22, 2016, 10:56:32 AMNow to compare with mine...

Please wait warmly...
I'd love to compare mine with yours when you have it ready!

[SNES] Final Fantasy IV - "Mt. Ordeals" (Replacement)
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

I always figured I'd do this sheet eventually lol. Nice melody and chords, and its pretty short so it was a good as quick little arrangement. Feedback appreciated as always.

Maelstrom

He was reffering to his old sheet he had taken off the site. I think his comment was a joke.

Static

WaluigiTime64

You've been arranging quite fast recently. I approve.

Quote from: Static on December 20, 2016, 11:16:41 AM
[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "And My Name's Booster"
I forgot to mention something about this. (I THINK) the time signature should be cut-time, and the tempo marking should display as "half note = 104". No need to alter note values.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 22, 2016, 07:58:06 PMYou've been arranging quite fast recently. I approve.
That's because I'm on winter break, so I have much more time to arrange. and also much more time to procrastinate on things lol...

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 22, 2016, 07:58:06 PMI forgot to mention something about this. (I THINK) the time signature should be cut-time, and the tempo marking should display as "half note = 104". No need to alter note values.
I was actually originally going to put this in cut time, as it definitely has that sort of feel. At the same time, it also has like a fast 4/4 swing sort of vibe (like the Athletic theme from Yoshi's Island). I think it all really comes down to the feel of it though, and after looking it over again and listening to the original, I think I'm going with cut time. It could really go either way though imo. Anyway, all the files should be updated. Thanks for pointing it out!

Static

[DS] Kirby Mass Attack - "Vast Darkness"

This is a very rough arrangement, I plan to go back and fix it up soon, but for now it's pretty good. This song is just so... weird. It's in 4/4 but it has sort of a 3+3+3+3+4 pattern of 16ths throughout most of it. I was going to include the weird run thing in bar 13, but I ended up not just for now, although I may add it later. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Static

[PC] Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism - "The Bridge People No Longer Cross"

There's nothing quite like finishing up an arrangement at 3am lol... Anyways, about the arrangement:

Compared to most other Touhou songs, this one is a lot more ambient, and as a result it was a lot less straightforward to arrange. It was quite difficult compared to my previous Touhou sheets, but I had a lot of fun with it. Hopefully I created something that retains the feel of the original while still being an actually cohesive and interesting arrangement. The only section I'm kinda worried about is bars 35-42; it was quite hard to hear the LH part there. Feedback appreciated as always.

WaluigiTime64

I was just going to ask about this. What great timing.

I can't really give feedback right now, but even if I could, I wouldn't know what to say (possibly notes?). This is a solid arrangement! You definitely nailed the atmosphere.

M.33 (R.H.) looks kinda tricky. That's about all I can criticise.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 26, 2016, 02:37:05 AMI was just going to ask about this. What great timing.

I can't really give feedback right now, but even if I could, I wouldn't know what to say (possibly notes?). This is a solid arrangement! You definitely nailed the atmosphere.

M.33 (R.H.) looks kinda tricky. That's about all I can criticise.
Thanks for taking a look at the sheet! I moved the chords around in bars 33-34 to make it a bit easier to play.

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "7:00 P.M."

The Snowy variation is here and Cherry Blossom Festival variation is here

This is it guys, my 50th completed arrangement! When I first joined this site and submitted my first arrangement, I didn't really think I would get very far with this arranging stuff, but here I am! I'd like to thank everyone here for making my first 6 months of NSM some especially great ones. I learned quite a bit about arranging and music theory, but more importantly I made some great friends here.

Well, I hope to continue this trend for as long as I can, so here's to many more future arrangements! Again, thank you everyone!

Latios212

50 arrangements, awesome! Haha you arrange and improve a lot faster than I've been doing. It's been fun working with you; look forward to many more great sheets :J
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Congratulations on your milestone! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your stay here so far. :)

LeviR.star

GBA Rainbow Road?! Thanks for arranging my favorite Rainbow Road theme, Static! I appreciate it!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on December 26, 2016, 07:55:26 PM50 arrangements, awesome! Haha you arrange and improve a lot faster than I've been doing. It's been fun working with you; look forward to many more great sheets :J
Thanks, It's been fun working with you so far as well!

Quote from: Onionleaf on December 26, 2016, 11:31:58 PMCongratulations on your milestone! It's great to hear that you're enjoying your stay here so far. :)
Thank you!

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 29, 2016, 12:10:00 PMGBA Rainbow Road?! Thanks for arranging my favorite Rainbow Road theme, Static! I appreciate it!
You're very welcome, glad you like it!

[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Beware the Umbrella Left There Forever"

This song... I don't think I've had a song frustrate me so much as this one did lol. There are so many weird modulations, time changes, and odd chords. The bassline was near impossible to hear, so I went by the feel of the song instead. In fact, quite a bit of this arrangement consists of my own rendition of the parts just because the original runs together so much. I think it all paid off though, and I'm really happy with how this turned out. The only thing I'm not really sure about is the chord bar 34; it sounds like an Ebm chord in the original but it just sounds so dissonant to me. I'm just not very sure lol.

Anyways, feedback is appreciated, as always.

WaluigiTime64

I made an arrangement of this ages ago. I was so unpleased with it that I never posted it anywhere. If I tried again, it wouldn't be as good as this one. Due to the complexity of the song, there's still some work to be done, but right now this is already great. Keep it up!

Quote from: Static on December 30, 2016, 02:32:44 PMThe only thing I'm not really sure about is the chord bar 34; it sounds like an Ebm chord in the original but it just sounds so dissonant to me. I'm just not very sure lol.
Trust me when I say that I had absolutely no clue a few months ago, and probably wouldn't know now.