Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

Ah, yes. Awesome work with Monstro Town! I really like your unique arranging style. It's one of your greatest strengths as a musician.

Static

[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Heian Alien"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

I've been very on/off about this one, and as a result it's taken me a couple of months to actually finish it. The harmonies and rhythms in this sheet are absolutely insane at times and the fact that the loop is very long (even for a Touhou song) doesn't help matters much lol. It's been a long road, but I think I pulled it off and I'm immensely satisfied with it. Feedback is welcome, as always.

Static

[PC] Touhou 6: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - "Septette for the Dead Princess"

I accidentally clicked enter too early, so I apologize if you saw just the Heian Alien links above lol. The real new sheet is here now.

Anyways, yeah, it's already been a year since I joined this place, so I thought I'd celebrate with another sheet from one of my favorite game series, Touhou Project. This one of my favorite songs from EoSD, and it has a crazy piano solo, so I mean I had to arrange it lol. As always, feedback is greatly encouraged and welcomed.

And, of course, thank you guys for a great year! It's been a pleasure getting to talk and work with all the great people here! Here's to another year of great arranging and fun.

Sebastian

Congratulations on the one-year anniversary, bro! So glad to have you around here making high-quality sheets. : )

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on June 07, 2017, 06:58:56 AMCongratulations on the one-year anniversary, bro! So glad to have you around here making high-quality sheets. : )
Thank you!

[PC] Touhou 8: Imperishable Night - "Voyage 1969"

Another new Touhou sheet of course. This one's really short, but it sounds really pretty and atmospheric, perfect for Stage 6. Some of the rhythms are also really weird, so I got a little adventurous and tried using split time signatures. There were spots were I kind of had to bend the rules but I think overall it's decent. As always, feedback is much appreciated.

Static

[PC] QP Shooting - Dangerous!! - "Kyousuke's Theme"

Not sure how many of you guys are familiar with the 100% Orange Juice universe, but here you go lol. I wanted to squeeze in a sheet today, so I decided to pick up and finish an earlier one that I started awhile back. It's really short, but it's a pretty fun little piece overall.

Static

[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Sky Ruin"

When I arrange, I'm always open to new and strange ideas if it makes the sheet better or make more sense in some way. E# minor is one of those ideas. Maybe I'll change it to F minor later, but the modulation from C# minor to E# minor makes a lot more sense to me. Any feedback and suggestions are welcome, as always.

Static

[PC] Touhou 12: Undefined Fantastic Object - "Fires of Hokkai"

This song was short, but it was really weird compared to my other arrangements. The drum part plays a huge role here, so I actually ended up including it. It is possible to play without a drumset, via foot-stomping and beatboxing, but it's still fairly challenging. I mean, there's like 5 parts to play at once lol. Maybe having an actual percussion part instead of a piano equivalent is "cheating" a bit, but with the drums being so integral to the song I think it's warranted here. Any feedback and suggestions and stuff are welcome, as always.

Also, as a side note, don't listen to the .MID, it's bad. For some reason, all the percussion is converted to string sounds. I don't feel like trying to mess around with it and fix it atm, but yeah.

Onionleaf

I agree that it wouldn't be the same without the drum set, your arrangement sounds just as epic as the original. Would be very cool if there'll ever be a duet performance of this. :)

The Deku Trombonist

Monstro Town:
I'd personally find the B major section easier to read in Cb as it makes the accidentals a bit easier to read. But that could just be because I'm a trombone player.

Any reason why you didn't spell beat 4 of bar 7 (RH) with flats? I realise there's a potential can of worms here.

Static

I usually try to stick with the key with less accidentals when it comes to Cb/C# Major or ab/a# minor. Of course, that depends on how many and what kind of accidentals are in the piece. In Monstro Town, if you write it in Cb major, there's still a pretty decent amount of naturals and flats everywhere, including a bunch of double flats. I don't really find this piece any easier or harder to read in B or Cb, so I just chose B and went with it.

I spelled beat 4 of bar 7 (and others like it) with the #4 and #6 scale degrees because of the F# in the lower RH voice from earlier (F#-G-F#-Fn) makes a little more sense to me at least. I chose A# instead of Bb because of the Bn in the bass. I know it's definitely possible to have both a Bn and Bb at the same, but I don't think it really had to be like that here. My main motive for using the #4 and #6 here and in other spots like it was because the #4 and #6 are used much more often in the piece compared to the b5 and b7, which are never used (except in m48, where if I did otherwise there would be an overlap of a Gx and a G# which doesn't read very well).

I realize this probably sounds a little trivial and maybe doesn't make that much sense, but that's kind of how I was thinking when I arranged this. I'd rather have less types of accidentals when there's a good reason to have it that way. If that part really should be written as Gb-Bb then I'll change it though.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Static on June 14, 2017, 09:39:57 PMI don't really find this piece any easier or harder to read in B or Cb
Aha I knew it, a severe case of trombonitis it is. Hopefully it's not contagious!

Static

Well, considering I play trombone as well, I'm not so sure lol

EDIT: Well, I did start with piano so maybe that affected my judgement a little bit.

Static

[NES] Mega Man 2 - "Wood Man Stage" (Replacement)

This song has been needing a replacement for quite awhile, and there was no better time to make one than now. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

WaluigiTime64

nice
Also I already sent feedback.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.