News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

My Wood Man sheet has now been revised and improved, so that's good.

Anyway, I'm really tired so before I go to bed, here's my next batch of sheets:

[SNES] Pilotwings - "Opening Theme"
[.MID] [.MUS] [.MUSX] [.PDF] [Original]

[SNES] Pilotwings - "Flight Club"

[SNES] Pilotwings - "Hang Glider"

I finished all of these earlier today but I didn't have a chance to post them until now, so here they are. They're pretty short, but the harmonies are really cool (a common theme with lots of Soyo Oka's compositions lol). While the Pilotwings 64 and Resort OSTs are really cool as well, there's nothing imo that matches the style and originality of the classic SNES soundtrack. Feedback would be much appreciated, as always.

Static

[SNES] F-Zero - "Port Town"

The Port Town tracks in this game are always a lot of fun to race on, and a large part of that reason is the awesome catchy music that plays. Port Town is definitely one of the best tracks in the game imo, and that's why I've been dying to arrange it. As always, feedback would be very much appreciated.

Static

[SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Phantom Train"

I've been itching to arrange some more Final Fantasy stuff lately and daj's recent request gave me the perfect excuse to start on that lol. So, here is the classic song Phantom Train. The accidentals overall are pretty weird, but once you figure out the chords they're in it becomes not quite as bad. It's a lot of fun to play as well. As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

mastersuperfan

I love this track and this is a fantastic arrangement! :D Now I feel like opening up my piano for the first time in years because this is something I can actually play lol

Also since when was this so short ._. It felt like it was insanely long based on how long I spent there in game

It's unfortunate that there wasn't enough room to squeeze in that countermelody at m25 onwards, since that's one of my favorite parts about this song, but the way you have it now probably best preserves the slow, heavy feel of the original. It's times like these when I wish we had three hands...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Quote from: mastersuperfan on July 10, 2017, 01:00:09 PMI love this track and this is a fantastic arrangement!

Thanks! I agree it does seem like it has a much longer loop in-game lol. It seems that way with a lot of other vgm as well now that I think about it. I could have put that countermelody in at m25 but it's a little awkward to play and didn't really give the same feel as I was trying to go for (that slow and heavy feeling). I did include the countermelody in m27 and 31 though cuz it felt more natural and fitting there.

daj

Haha honestly a part of me was hoping for that countermelody too. ^^; But I saw the way you did those chords and the jumps to the mid register and realised how fun that would be too xD

If it's the slow and heavy, and maybe extrapolating a bit, the constant rolling of the train's wheels in that I-V alternating bass, then that is the image I'll be thinking of when I play this :)

Once again thanks for arranging this! Can't wait to see your other FF stuff haha, if you do enough awesome arrangements I might just do a compilation :p

Static

Quote from: daj on July 10, 2017, 03:29:55 PMHaha honestly a part of me was hoping for that countermelody too. ^^; But I saw the way you did those chords and the jumps to the mid register and realised how fun that would be too xD

If it's the slow and heavy, and maybe extrapolating a bit, the constant rolling of the train's wheels in that I-V alternating bass, then that is the image I'll be thinking of when I play this :)

Once again thanks for arranging this! Can't wait to see your other FF stuff haha, if you do enough awesome arrangements I might just do a compilation :p
Thank you! Yep, that was pretty much exactly the image I was trying to go for when arranging this lol. And yeah maybe I will do more FF stuff (most likely IV and VI cuz those are my favorites lol) in the future, we'll see.

Anyway, new arrangement time!

[NES] Super Mario Bros. - "Overworld" (Replacement)

While Deku's current sheet is definitely respectable, there were too many small things with it that bugged me so I decided to give it a much-needed makeover. Being one of the most famous VGM tunes in existence, I took extreme care in getting every little detail right (not that I don't do this in my other sheets lol) and even added a few dynamic flourishes to keep it from getting too samey...

[SNES] Super Mario All-Stars - "Overworld (Super Mario Bros. & Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels)"

...But I didn't stop there! I figured I'd go ahead and take care of this remix as well since it's pretty similar. Of course, there are tons of added and changed harmonies and extra notes and parts and whatnot, so it's not like the exact same. Either way, this one was pretty enjoyable to arrange and sounds really cool on piano.

As always, feedback for these sheets is immensely appreciated.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Static on July 13, 2017, 01:06:27 AMWhile Deku's current sheet is definitely respectable, there were too many small things with it that bugged me
Yep, I agree. I did start redoing it a while ago but I never finished it.

Sebastian

Quote from: Static on July 13, 2017, 01:06:27 AMWhile Deku's current sheet is definitely respectable, there were too many small things with it that bugged me so I decided to give it a much-needed makeover. Being one of the most famous VGM tunes in existence, I took extreme care in getting every little detail right (not that I don't do this in my other sheets lol) and even added a few dynamic flourishes to keep it from getting too samey...
I thought of doing the same thing a while back. :P
Excellent job!

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on July 13, 2017, 01:06:27 AMThank you! Yep, that was pretty much exactly the image I was trying to go for when arranging this lol. And yeah maybe I will do more FF stuff (most likely IV and VI cuz those are my favorites lol) in the future, we'll see.

Anyway, new arrangement time!

[NES] Super Mario Bros. - "Overworld" (Replacement)

While Deku's current sheet is definitely respectable, there were too many small things with it that bugged me so I decided to give it a much-needed makeover. Being one of the most famous VGM tunes in existence, I took extreme care in getting every little detail right (not that I don't do this in my other sheets lol) and even added a few dynamic flourishes to keep it from getting too samey...

[SNES] Super Mario All-Stars - "Overworld (Super Mario Bros. & Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels)"

...But I didn't stop there! I figured I'd go ahead and take care of this remix as well since it's pretty similar. Of course, there are tons of added and changed harmonies and extra notes and parts and whatnot, so it's not like the exact same. Either way, this one was pretty enjoyable to arrange and sounds really cool on piano.

As always, feedback for these sheets is immensely appreciated.

This is incredible, Static! You've made the best sheet in the forums for the most iconic video game tune in gaming history! That deserves some respect.

Bummer... I was going to do the All-Stars version eventually, but you beat me to it! Nonetheless, there's nothing wrong with it that I can see. Great job, Static, and keep up the awesome work! ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

A couple of quick thoughts on the SMB overworld:
- You may want to consider offsetting everything by two measures to delimit sections easier and use repeats. Check my SMW Special World sheet to see how I structured it.
- I would recommend against courtesy naturals for two reasons: it's in C major so every measure is automatically accidental free, and the ones you have right now follow neighboring accidentals, not even chord changes, so I think they might be more trouble than they're worth when reading.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Sebastian on July 13, 2017, 05:37:38 AMExcellent job!
Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2017, 07:34:13 AMLooks great!
Quote from: LeviR.star on July 13, 2017, 09:39:25 AMThis is incredible, Static!

Thanks!

Quote from: Latios212 on July 13, 2017, 01:32:28 PMA couple of quick thoughts on the SMB overworld:
- You may want to consider offsetting everything by two measures to delimit sections easier and use repeats. Check my SMW Special World sheet to see how I structured it.
- I would recommend against courtesy naturals for two reasons: it's in C major so every measure is automatically accidental free, and the ones you have right now follow neighboring accidentals, not even chord changes, so I think they might be more trouble than they're worth when reading.

I moved the measures around so the phrases align better like in that Special World sheet. I disagree about how you don't need courtesy accidentals in C major or for neighboring tones, but considering the sheet is already really simple, I removed them. I made these changes to the All-Stars version as well.

Latios212

Oh, I didn't mean those as reasons to remove them so much as justification for why it's easy enough to read without them.

Cool!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Today's Story"

While Super Paper Mario around here is known for it's insanely intricate and complex songs with lots of time/key changes, polyrhythms, countermelodies, etc., I think a lot of these more emotional songs are relatively forgotten. The harmonies in the intro start simple and get increasingly more complex as the song goes on, ending on a really awesome Ebmaj9 chord (I just love these). Even if this intro theme is a lot shorter than Paper Mario 64's and TTYD's, it's still a really nice tune imo. Anyways, as always, feedback is very much appreciated.