Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[PC] VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartending Action - "You've Got Me"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

It was a real treat to arrange another tune from this game again, especially one that plays in such a great scene (I won't elaborate on that for spoiler reasons). It's a fairly simple and easy(ish) to play song, but it sounds really cool imo.

Static

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Battle Time"

I'm late again, but I still made it! This sheet took pretty much the whole day to arrange because it's so complex (it is SPM, after all). There were a lot of weird Finale workarounds I had to do to get everything to look just right, and I think it came out pretty well.

Static

[N64] Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - "Rock Star"

I actually started this sheet many months ago but for some reason never bothered to finish it. Until now, that is.

Static

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - "Inside the Pirate Ship"

I am yet again late, but I made it still. I've had this one lying around for a long time, so I took this chance to finish it and clean it up.

Static

[SNES] SimCity - "Megalopolis"

[SNES] EarthBound - "Battle Against a Machine"

I was out for most of yesterday, and by the time I got home I was too sleepy to be able to finish up my Day 9 sheet, so I saved both for today. They were both pretty enjoyable to arrange, with the EarthBound one being especially weird.

Static

[PC] Touhou 13: Ten Desires - "Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator"

A fairly repetitive, but catchy final boss theme. The hardest part about arranging this one was trying to make each of the repeated sections different in some way. I'm probably gonna revisit this one soon to change some more things up later, but for now I'm pretty satisfied.

WaluigiTime64

Me like.

- I like how you managed the bits with fast notes, as it seems demanding but definitely playable. I think these sections would sound really nice (and accurate) with the sustain pedal, where you hold it right after smashing the left-hand chords. That kind of stuff is up to the performer though.
 - Something tells me that the last octave in the left hand in M.24 and M.68 should be a little different to the other two, to match the right hand. I haven't actually checked if this is how the original song goes, but it sounds kinda weird to me (you're probably correct but I'd consider it anyway).
 - At M.43-44 and M.87-88, you should consider the left hand not smashing triplets straightaway. I know the original definitely smashes triplets straight after that, but there's a smoother transition. Here it's a little jarring.

That being said I do like this and it looks very nice. About time one of us got around to this.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 24, 2017, 11:51:52 AMMe like.
Thanks!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 24, 2017, 11:51:52 AM- Something tells me that the last octave in the left hand in M.24 and M.68 should be a little different to the other two, to match the right hand. I haven't actually checked if this is how the original song goes, but it sounds kinda weird to me (you're probably correct but I'd consider it anyway).
The bass does stay the same in those measures, even though I agree that it seems weird. I'm gonna keep it though just to keep the same sound as the original.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on December 24, 2017, 11:51:52 AM- At M.43-44 and M.87-88, you should consider the left hand not smashing triplets straightaway. I know the original definitely smashes triplets straight after that, but there's a smoother transition. Here it's a little jarring.
I smoothed out the transitions there a little bit, and it sounds much better. I'm probably gonna revisit it again later to see if I can make it more smooth, but it works for now.

What better way to celebrate Christmas than with the biggest sheet I've arranged thus far:

[SNES] Final Fantasy VI - "Opera 'Maria and Draco'"

"Aria di Mezzo Carattere"

"Wedding Waltz ~ Duel"

I have here 17 pages, 362 measures, and ~15 minutes of pure Uematsu goodness. This took me weeks to finish, but it was all worth it once I saw the finished sheets. My arrangement of the opera includes all the vocal parts in the original NA Woolsey translation, so sometimes the words don't line up exactly right, unfortunately, but I matched them to be as close as I can while staying faithful to the original scene in the game. The vocal part is entirely optional of course, but I wanted to throw it in so I could have a place for the lyrics.

Static

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "Mr. Resetti & Don Resetti"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original|Original]

[N64] Doubutsu no Mori - "DJ K.K."

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "DJ K.K."

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Salsa"

[Wii] Animal Crossing: City Folk - "K.K. House"

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. D & B"

[GCN] Animal Crossing - "K.K. Jazz"

[PC] Touhou Shinreibyou ~ Ten Desires - "The Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum"

[PC] Touhou Shinpirokuu ~ Urban Legend in Limbo - "Hartmann's Youkai Girl"

[GB] The Smurfs' Nightmare - "Funny Funny (The Kitchen of Danger)"

[SW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - "Mor Ardain - Roaming the Wastes -"

It's been awhile, and I've been busy with other stuff in addition to sheets. As I kept working bit by bit, I figured it would be neat to post a big update with a bunch of sheets instead of one at a time. Also, my OP has finally reached the character limit, so I'll be moving some of the one-sheet games to the next post.

The Deku Trombonist

Good to see the Animal Crossing series getting some love!

Also, I increased the character limit a little bit.

Umbra

Those are some very nice pieces of sheet music.

I have some questions:
How long did it take you to compose each one?
Also, can they be used for a remix? I'll credit you.

Static

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on February 27, 2018, 06:45:59 PMGood to see the Animal Crossing series getting some love!

Also, I increased the character limit a little bit.

Yes! Despite me rarely arranging for it, Animal Crossing remains my favorite game series (the GC version and Wild World in particular) because of all the great memories it left. I plan to be doing a lot more AC tracks soon, with my eventual goal being to fill out the rest of the ACGC soundtrack.

Also, thanks for increasing the character limit! I've re-condensed my PA thread, and I'll eventually remake it so it's more concise.

Quote from: Umbra on February 28, 2018, 11:26:14 AMThose are some very nice pieces of sheet music.

I have some questions:
How long did it take you to compose each one?
Also, can they be used for a remix? I'll credit you.

Thanks!

1. Depends on complexity/length as well as how invested I am in a sheet. I've gotten some sheets done in under 5 minutes (Race Fanfare & Countdown from Super Mario Kart), and others have taken me a year and a half (K.K. Jazz from Animal Crossing) due to negligence and lack of interest.

2. You don't need to ask me for credit (I don't represent all arrangers, this is just my policy). I consider my sheets to be purely derivative of someone else's actual work, so it would probably be better just to credit the composers. With that said, credit would certainly still be appreciated if you want to do so. I'd love to hear any remixes you make when you're finished!

Static

[PC] MapleStory - "Temple of Time"

Continuing my journey of arranging for lesser-known/lesser-arranged games brought me here.

I never played MapleStory during it's prime years (from what I gather, the mid-2000s), since I did not have internet access at the time. I never played it at all actually lol. But a good friend of mine recently shared some experiences and memories of the game, among those being the music. So, naturally, I searched across the forums and on the main site and I discovered a lack of MapleStory sheets, and then decided to arrange one.

Regarding the arrangement itself, I tried to represent the kinds of feelings and emotions I got from listening to it, so hopefully it all worked out. I've really started to take a liking to this soundtrack so I may do more in the future.

Zeila

I never played MapleStory either, but it sounds nice. Good job!

Static

Quote from: Zeila on March 21, 2018, 07:42:40 PMI never played MapleStory either, but it sounds nice. Good job!

Thanks!

[Switch] Super Mario Odyssey - "Jump Up, Super Star!"

[Switch] Super Mario Odyssey - "Fossil Falls"

[Switch] Super Mario Odyssey - "New Donk City: Night 2"

[Switch] Super Mario Odyssey - "Mount Volbono"

[Switch] Super Mario Odyssey - "Honeylune Ridge: Escape"

After playing Mario Odyssey for awhile, I thought it would be good to make some more sheets for it, so I spent the past month or so arranging some of the more iconic songs from it.

Some of these were a big challenge to make (especially the vocal tracks, Jump Up, Super Star & Break Free (Lead the Way)), but I tried to make it work. Hopefully everything turned out all right lol. I went by the in-game soundtrack listing for these by the way, I realize a lot of these have alternate titles. As always, feedback would be greatly appreciated.