News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[PS1] Xenogears - "Crimson Knight"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

Also more commonly translated as "Knight of Fire".

[PS1] Xenogears - "Awakening"

Slowly but steadily I'll be doing more Xenogears stuff. I hope to finish the entire OST eventually since it's pretty short for RPG standards at the time (only 44 tracks).

Static

[MUL] Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - "What Angel Wakes Me"

My first modern, non-Uematsu FF sheet. A friend recently got me hooked on this game so I figured I'd arrange one of the more interesting tunes from it.

Static

[SNES] Final Fantasy V - "Battle at the Big Bridge" (Edit Replacement)

[PS1] Final Fantasy Tactics - "Battle on the Bridge"

Two fairly popular and standout tracks from their respective games. Fitting the title, Big Bridge is more energetic and flashy, while regular Bridge has more of an ominous vibe. These two sheets will probably be my last for a little while as I prepare for college things.

LeviR.star

Very nice arrangements, Static! I like the 16th runs on Big Bridge.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dekkadeci

As long as you can hear what the heck is going on, Final Fantasy Tactics's "Battle on the Bridge" is underrated.

However, I compared your arrangement to the original theme and found that the runs in the original of Bars 22, 24, 30, 32, 56, 58, 64, and 66 do continue for an extra 16th note instead of stopping at an 8th note: the runs in Bars 22 and 56 continue to the B flat just below, the runs in Bars 24 and 58 continue to the D flat just below, the runs in Bars 30 and 64 continue to the E flat just below, and the runs in Bars 32 and 66 continue to the G just below.

Also, there's likely a way to have the trills on C in Bars 29 and 63 trill to D flat instead of D...

Static

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 06, 2019, 07:12:26 PMAs long as you can hear what the heck is going on, Final Fantasy Tactics's "Battle on the Bridge" is underrated.

However, I compared your arrangement to the original theme and found that the runs in the original of Bars 22, 24, 30, 32, 56, 58, 64, and 66 do continue for an extra 16th note instead of stopping at an 8th note: the runs in Bars 22 and 56 continue to the B flat just below, the runs in Bars 24 and 58 continue to the D flat just below, the runs in Bars 30 and 64 continue to the E flat just below, and the runs in Bars 32 and 66 continue to the G just below.

Also, there's likely a way to have the trills on C in Bars 29 and 63 trill to D flat instead of D...
Hey, thanks for checking the sheet! It's definitely an underrated song. I chopped off the last 16th notes in those places because they either were repeated in the next bar, or because of large jumps to chords in the next bar. I thought this was a good compromise between keeping the runs as long as possible and not making sections of the sheet too awkward to play, but you think I should add those notes in anyway I'd be fine with it. I forgot to put a flat sign above those C-Db trill markings; those should be fixed now but the playback might not be.

I said those two sheets would be my last for now, but I decided to arrange some short ones that caught my attention:

[GB] X - "Tunnel Scene ~Overture & Finale~"

[DSi] X-Scape - "Track 40 (Tunnel Theme)"

[GB] X - "Tunnel Scene"

I was looking through the random assortment of tunes that make up the "Other" section in Smash Bros. Ultimate the other day, and, just like the Other section of NinSheetMusic, there are tons of hidden gems. A remix of Tunnel Theme has been a part of Smash since Brawl, but it's been under my radar until now. I decided to arrange both Tunnel Themes from X as well as the remix from X-Scape (which is also in SSB4 and SSBU).

Track names for the original X were taken from here. There is no official soundtrack listing, so this was the closest I could find.

Static

[PC] Saya no Uta - "SUNSET"

[PC] Saya no Uta - "SABBATH"

These are nice tracks to arrange at 4am.

Static

[MUL] GRIS - "Perseverance"

This is one of the prettiest games I've played in a long time. Most of the tracks are very slow and atmospheric, but this one I think works really well on the piano (since it already is for piano and organ).

Static

[SNES] Contra III: The Alien Wars - "It's Time for Revenge"

This is a really nice way to start a game, that's for sure.

Static

[GCN] Doubutsu no Mori e+ - "Reset Surveillance Center"

Most people know this location from its appearances in City Folk and New Leaf, but it's first appearance was actually in this game.

Static

[NS] Astral Chain - "Ark Mall [Combat Phase]"

Usually I don't like to arrange songs for very recent releases, but I figured I'd switch things up a bit at least for today.

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

[FC] Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei II - "Death Match"

Another sheet from the series that this site has more or less avoided for 15 years now...

Static

[PC] Cave Story - "Scorching Back"

[PS2] Silent Hill 2 - "Promise"

[DC] Illbleed - "The Park"

Some nice spooky sheets. Promise in particular is a favorite of mine.

Static

[SNES] Pilotwings - "Staff Roll"

This one gives me some Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 vibes, which is fitting considering the entire premise of the game is being a student at some kind of flight academy.