Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

[ARCADE] The King of Fighters '96 - "Stormy Saxophone 2 (Yagami Team Theme)"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

[NS] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - "Stormy Saxophone 2 - KOF '96"

To celebrate the new DLC, I figured I'd arrange one of my favorite tunes that was included.

Static

[Wii] Super Paper Mario - "Flipside" (Replacement)

I thought the current sheet could use a replacement, so I made one. Lots of intersecting lines in this piece, but they all fit in 2 hands somehow.

Static

[NDS] Luminous Arc - "Prelude"

[SNES] Kirby's Dream Land 3 - "Iceberg" (with Levi)

Two tunes that exist and now have been arranged here.

Static

[PC] Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils - "Wells Ex Machina (Arranged)

It's that time of year again.

Static

[MUL] Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon - "Voyage of Promise"

The orchestral version used in Ritual of the Night was written first, but this game was released before it... You don't see that very often.

LeviR.star

Looks and sounds great, Static! Thanks for doing Bloodstained!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 15, 2019, 06:21:52 PMLooks and sounds great, Static! Thanks for doing Bloodstained!
Thanks!

[3DS] Bravely Default - "Land of Radiant Flowers"

I really like this game and soundtrack, but for some reason I've never arranged anything from it until now.

Code_Name_Geek

Yay it's awesome to see more Bravely Default! Great choice of song too!

Static

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on December 16, 2019, 07:47:16 AMYay it's awesome to see more Bravely Default! Great choice of song too!
Thanks, glad you like it!

[MUL] Hollow Knight - "Mantis Lords"

[SNES] Super Castlevania IV - "The Submerged City"

Some more tunes in my recent trend of arranging stuff from games I should've covered by now, but haven't.

Dekkadeci

Listened to your transcription of "Mantis Lords", and I'd like to comment on a few things:
  • I find that the original--and even your transcription--sounds like it's mostly in 6/8 instead of your 3/4 time.
  • Bar 50-51 and 54-55 would be a lot more readable with naturals instead of double flats (and C flats). I'm also prone to spelling the G flats there as F sharps instead.
  • The D.C. al Coda isn't quite working in my copy of Finale Notepad--I still end up hitting Bar 11, etc. on second repeat when I shouldn't.

Static

Quote from: Dekkadeci on December 18, 2019, 06:10:28 PMListened to your transcription of "Mantis Lords", and I'd like to comment on a few things:
  • I find that the original--and even your transcription--sounds like it's mostly in 6/8 instead of your 3/4 time.
  • Bar 50-51 and 54-55 would be a lot more readable with naturals instead of double flats (and C flats). I'm also prone to spelling the G flats there as F sharps instead.
  • The D.C. al Coda isn't quite working in my copy of Finale Notepad--I still end up hitting Bar 11, etc. on second repeat when I shouldn't.
- I had a feeling I'd be getting a time signature comment from someone eventually, since every other sheet I've seen of this piece has it in either 6/8 or 12/8. To me, this song is definitely a mix of both 3/4 and 6/8, but I went with 3/4 because a majority of the piece has a 3/4 feel to me: m1-43 and 56-72. The other parts definitely lean more toward a 6/8 feel, but to me this feels like syncopation rather than the dominant feel; it's pretty common to have this mix of rhythms in 3/4 and 6/8. In particular, the main melody of the piece (m11-35) sounds really strongly in 3/4 to me, even though that one phrase is syncopated in m11, etc. In m64-69, the hits in the LH (and RH later) sound more like they're going against the 3/4 feel rather than being simple on-beat 6/8 hits. I'm kind of rambling on now, but hopefully that made sense.
- I agree that it's more readable, but it doesn't fit with the chord progression. I think I just might change the accidentals for the entire section (m48-55) just so it's more consistent (Cb major to G major is just weird).
- Both the mus and musx function normally in Finale 2014 (what I use), so maybe it's a NotePad issue. I'll look into it since it should be consistent across all types of Finale... Weird bug.

Thanks for the feedback!

[NDS] Lucky☆Star Moe Drill - "BGM #19"

Another one of those things that no one else here would probably arrange.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on December 19, 2019, 09:11:44 PM
[NDS] Lucky☆Star Moe Drill - "BGM #19"

Another one of those things that no one else here would probably arrange.

Yea, but I figured you'd give it a name! Why else would you bother?

Sounds good, though. Swell work as always :)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: LeviR.star on December 19, 2019, 11:23:49 PMYea, but I figured you'd give it a name! Why else would you bother?

Sounds good, though. Swell work as always :)
Thanks! I could give it a name, but honestly this title is probably the most fitting. As far as I can tell, the music is just randomly selected (except for the opening) during the game.

[NDS] Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - "Cabanela ~ A Lanky Man in Lovely White"

I actually made this several months ago, but never posted it until now. I am running a bit behind on my 12 days thing since I decided to do it last minute, so I don't really know when I'll have the next few sheets done... Hopefully soon.

Maelstrom

More Bravely Default is always nice. That one turned out a lot better on piano than I expected.

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 23, 2019, 11:06:45 AMMore Bravely Default is always nice. That one turned out a lot better on piano than I expected.
Thanks!

[GCN] Pikmin - "Carry, Fight, Increase, and Be Eaten"

[GCN] Pikmin - "The Impact Site"

[Replacement] [GCN] Pikmin - "The Forest of Hope"

[Replacement] [GCN] Pikmin - "The Forest Navel"

[GCN] Pikmin - "Ship Fanfares"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original] (#18-22 in playlist)

[GCN] Pikmin - "Today's Record"

There were originally going to be quite a bit more sheets today, but I'm bad at planning things. I'll be doing a lot more in the future.

Oh yeah, Merry Christmas too.

Edit: I just realized I didn't do the 2nd part of Today's Record, I'll finish that sometime later...