News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Static's Arrangements - NEW: Resident Evil, .hack

Started by Static, July 02, 2016, 10:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 14, 2021, 10:09:54 AMMight I suggest adding b1 restrikes of the F into m6/10 etc? It makes it sound more consistent with the other measures that follow it, and it's not harder to play or anything.
I originally didn't because the bassline itself doesn't restrike there. The timpani does, but I think I'd rather leave it as it is. I'll think about it though...

Static

[GCN] F-Zero GX - "Osc-Sync Carnival (Lightning)"
[MID] [MUS] [MUSX] [PDF] [Original]

This piece seems daunting to arrange at first, but sometimes the simplest approach works best. This is by far the easiest/simplest of all my F-Zero GX arrangements (pretty fun to play too), but I think it captures the heavy rhythmic feel and timbral variety of the original.

Static

[PS1] Racing Lagoon - "Base Point"

[PS1] Racing Lagoon - "Sakuragichou Grand Tourers"

[PS1] Racing Lagoon - "Save & Load"

This is a real hidden gem of a soundtrack, with some of the best jazz fusion I've heard in any game. Most of the tracks are pretty short, but rhythmically and harmonically dense. Fun stuff to arrange, that's for sure

Static

[PS2] Sacred Blaze - "Phantom ghost"

Cool little theme here, and surprisingly challenging to arrange. I'm still not totally satisfied with it, so it's something I'll go back to eventually.
Interestingly, the OST and in-game versions differ quite a bit. This arrangement is based more on the in-game mix, where the melody is more prominent and a background string layer is absent.

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Jungle"

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Sky High"

In anticipation of Banana Mania, I figured I'd arrange some more SMB (not to be confused with Super Mario Bros., of course) sheets. More might come later, we'll see.

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Monkey Mall"

I actually attempted this one many years ago, but gave up on it. With a bit more experience under my belt, I tried again and managed to make it work. I'll probably come back and simplify the LH later, but it is still playable in this state with some quick reflexes.

Static

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Underwater"

At this rate, I might be able to do all the stage themes for SMB1 before Banana Mania comes out. Although Arctic and Extra are going to be a pain...

Static

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Arctic"

[GCN] Super Monkey Ball - "Storm"

If anyone's wondering why I skipped over Desert, that's because I already arranged it several years ago. You can find it on-site here.

Static

Static

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster"

This one works surprisingly well on piano.

Static

On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...

[SNES] Shin Megami Tensei - "Shopping Arcade"

...in a pear tree.

Static

On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
[PS1] No One Can Stop Mr. Domino - "Shop 'til You Drop"

Static

On the third day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...

[SNES] Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - "Going Shopping in Seaside Town"