News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Deciding the Next Official Arrangement Project Topic 2: The Squeakquel

Started by Olimar12345, July 05, 2016, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Borrowing from Don again here:

Quote from: DonValentino on July 04, 2015, 01:52:15 PMThis is a topic to discuss which game should be featured for the next Arrangement Project. Here's a breakdown of the steps we'll be following:
  • Every user shall nominate a single game so it is added to the poll. If possible, it'd be nice if you could explain why you chose that game, it could always convince other users to pick your option!
  • Once we reach 15 game nominations, the voting process will begin. This will be done in a similar fashion as last time.
  • Another topic will be created specifically for the AP in question.
You may also nominate a Replacement Project or an Unofficial Arrangement Project, so I'll start things off by nominating the Minecraft Unofficial Arrangement Project.

Nominees are listed below:

-Minecraft
-Pokémon Diamond Version, Pokémon Pearl Version & Pokémon Platinum Version
-Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version & Pokémon Crystal Version Unofficial Arrangement Project (keeping this here because it would be a short one anyway)
-Kirby Super Star
-The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
-Sonic Colors
-EarthBound
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Xenoblade Chronicles
-Kirby's Epic Yarn Unofficial Arrangement Project
-Pokémon Ruby Version, Pokémon Sapphire Version & Pokémon Emerald Version
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-Mega Man X
-Super Mario Galaxy
-Tadpole Treble

READ THIS ENTIRE POST

Okay, so here's how voting will happen this time around. To submit a vote, PM me a message with the subject [Next Official Arrangement Project 2 Vote], containing your top two game choices. If you only want to vote for one game, that's fine too, but you can't use your two votes on the same game (similar to how a normal poll would work). In order to prevent inactives or people who have little to no intentions of helping from skewing the results away from the arranger's interest, any arranger who has at least one arrangement hosted on the site will have their vote count twice. That way there's more of a chance that arranges who actually plan to help out get the project they would enjoy. And I specify "on the site" because that means they have shown that they are capable of working up to the NSM standard.

ALSO

In order to confuse things less, NO SWITCHING YOUR VOTES. (This wouldn't be an option in a normal poll anyway, but here is the obligatory post of me saying it anyway) Just be absolutely sure what you want to vote for before you send it in.

FOLLOW THE RULES

People who don't use the correct subject will get a reply of me quoting it but size 24 and bold.
Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 11, 2015, 10:48:04 PMReading is hard, you know?

ONE LAST THING:

Voting will be open for exactly ONE WEEK. Rather than post a time and convert it into several different time zones, just view the posting time of this message and it will be a week from that (ooo, so simpleeeeee). Seven days from this post the voting will end and a new project shall emerge.

The poll results are not nearly as epic as they were last time (imo) but the winner is...

WINNER
Pokémon Diamond Version, Pokémon Pearl Version & Pokémon Platinum Version
[close]

Poll results:

Spoiler
Pokémon Diamond Version, Pokémon Pearl Version & Pokémon Platinum Version 18
Pokémon Ruby Version, Pokémon Sapphire Version & Pokémon Emerald Version 12
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker 8
Fire Emblem Awakening 5
Kirby's Epic Yarn (Unofficial Arrangement Project) 4
Super Smash Bros. Melee 4
EarthBound 4
Tadpole Treble 3
Mega Man X 2
Kirby Superstar 2
Minecraft 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
[close]

Thank you for playing! (and only one person messed up their vote-gj everyone!)

GO!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Fixing the sheets project nomination:
Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

Altissimo

Would there be any worth in nominating the GSC project? since it has like 5 unfinished sheets and a loooot of them have been checked by Latios, Dudeman, and others. It would be quick to finish but since it's already almost done is there any point in giving it official status?

ShadowChords

Minecraft was my idea in the first place, but I honestly will have to vote for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I want to have all the sheets by the 10-year anniversary.

Also it's been almost a month since the last time I came on here
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Sebastian on July 05, 2016, 01:35:25 PMPokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version

Dang, that's definitely going to win, but I'll nominate something anyway:

Kirby Super Star
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zeila

Quote from: Altissimo on July 05, 2016, 01:46:24 PMWould there be any worth in nominating the GSC project? since it has like 5 unfinished sheets and a loooot of them have been checked by Latios, Dudeman, and others. It would be quick to finish but since it's already almost done is there any point in giving it official status?
Oh snap I didn't even realize. A lot got updated recently (gj guys :3)

Tbh, it would likely be better for Latios/Dudeman/whoever else to finish up the last 5 (or 4 since Ice Path is in the Archive now) sheets then for GSC to get it's own update without having to nominate for it since almost everything is already arranged/checked over. I don't think it would have to become official for it to get it's own update anyways because that happened to Super Pitfall (although that could just be because the soundtrack is super short) and it's at the point where community effort is needed minimally (compared to let's say, DPPt, since a lot of pieces would need to be arranged to begin with). I'd imagine that during the process, more people would check on it before going up on site

On another note, I nominate The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Sebastian

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 05, 2016, 03:01:41 PMDang, that's definitely going to win, but I'll nominate something anyway:
Quote from: ShadowChords on July 05, 2016, 02:52:47 PMI honestly will have to vote for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. I want to have all the sheets by the
10-year anniversary.
Good!
My logic for picking this game:
1. It's a quite popular game.
2. It has a lot of trash sheets.
3. It basically won a while back, but we decided not to do it because the poll was "too old."

In a nutshell, popular games with a lot of bad sheets shouldn't be a thing, which is why I nominated this game.

Boost the Cat

Hmm.... well I'm going to nominate Sonic Colors.

For being a major gaming icon, Sonic's sheets on the site are very slim (and out of those, only eight of them are modern Sonic.) So I chose a Sonic game that  I feel has great music, which like I said earlier, is Sonic Colors.

Here's a few samples.

https://youtu.be/PJw4UoYh7ks

https://youtu.be/ZIuFXFuPZPQ

https://youtu.be/4uDPDo-FA4c

https://youtu.be/N6yG4KRgXHM

https://youtu.be/QovDgfjB6Ek

https://youtu.be/NcCrHZAKfPI

https://youtu.be/3Nqxaohn-x8?list=PLB723FA23FFF047FF

Not to mention it was a Wii Exclusive, so you could argue it's more Nintendo-ey than other Sonic games are.
Expecting a signature?
Too bad. Waluigi Time.

Yug_Guy

mikey

unmotivated

pippin97

"Do or do not; there is no try" ~Jedi Master Yoda

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Question:
Is this going to be a fixing the sheets project or..?

Olimar12345

"Reading is hard, yo" should be my catchphrase.

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 05, 2016, 01:31:57 PMYou may also nominate a Replacement Project or an Unofficial Arrangement Project, so I'll start things off by nominating the Minecraft Unofficial Arrangement Project.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Altissimo

for the record i dont want to actually nominate gsc if its a pointless endeavor i was just wondering if it would be pointless. Latios please come weigh in. someone go bother latios on skype, i cant get on skype for another like 4 hours cause im in a car and dont have skype on mobile

@olimar you should just post "reading is hard, yo" and not actually quote the thing that people misread, make them go back and look lmao