[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Professor Frankly's Theme" by Jegilmer

Started by Zeta, July 11, 2016, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

I know I'm late, but then could you tell him to do so?
We don't really operate here without the arranger.

Sebastian

Oh, for sure^
His visits are sporadic. I'm sure he'll stop by sometime soon.

jegilmer

Hey guys, I'll update the links ASAP! I just got done with my first semester in grad school and I was busy all semester!

jegilmer

Sebastian

Quote from: jegilmer on December 18, 2016, 09:19:55 PMHey guys, I'll update the links ASAP! I just got done with my first semester in grad school and I was busy all semester!
Whoa, sweet. Grad school  8)

jegilmer

Hey guys, I know it's been a while, but are there any things that we can do to improve this arrangement?
Thanks!

Latios212

Alright! This sheet's pretty good. I corrected a couple wrong notes, but nothing major fortunately. [MUS]

Two comments (see hidden notes on mus):
- m. 3-4 LH doesn't seem very fitting. I don't really hear that part in the original, and to me it feels a bit odd just having descending in the LH. Haven't thought about it much, but tell me what you think.
- m. 8 beat 3.5 (LH) doesn't sound quite right to me.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2017, 03:10:35 PMTwo comments (see hidden notes on mus):
- m. 3-4 LH doesn't seem very fitting. I don't really hear that part in the original, and to me it feels a bit odd just having descending in the LH. Haven't thought about it much, but tell me what you think.
This part is actually in the original. It's the low strings section.

Quote from: Latios212 on January 28, 2017, 03:10:35 PMAlright! This sheet's pretty good. I corrected a couple wrong notes, but nothing major fortunately. [MUS]
- m. 8 beat 3.5 (LH) doesn't sound quite right to me.
Also, M. 8 would work better if you put in the bass notes as octaves instead of leaving one triad out.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

I don't like m3-4 at all. It's supposed to be the biggest, most full part of the song, but it feels so empty as it is. I can't say what needs to be fixed, but it's just... thoroughly meh right now. Maybe octaves in the RH? 5ths in the LH? Something needs to change there.

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 29, 2017, 08:19:04 PMMaybe octaves in the RH?
We could do that.^ It fills the right hand in quite nicely, isn't too hard to play (only 100 BPM), and is in the original. What do you think Lat?

jegilmer

Sounds great so far! Octaves in the right hand seems difficult to me, but then again I suck at playing piano so I don't know ;D
That would be staying more true to the soundtrack, but 5ths in the left hand wouldn't hurt I don't think.

Maelstrom

jegilmer

.mus file has been updated with 5ths in the left hand. If you guys think octaves would be feasible then I can do that, too.