Update, Sunday 24th of July 2016

Started by Jamaha, July 24, 2016, 01:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

With this update, our site now hosts over 3000 arrangements. As far as I know, that is a rather large number.

As with all large milestones, I am let out of the storage to do the honors. Hopefully I don't mess up anything considering that the last time I hit the UPDATE button in our submission management system was when were debugging it.

The sheer quantity of the arrangements shows how important it is to have a large community behind a site like this. Without Deku Trombonist's sheet submission system we'd still be turning our updater crew insane with our antiquated updating process. Without our updating crew we'd have no quality control whatsoever or the ability to process the arrangements submitted by our arrangers, giving valuable guidance in the process. And of course the aforementioned arrangers as well, without whom we'd have no arrangements to host.

I would also like to point out that all this has been done as a hobby. No one has earned any money from this. Despite that, we have been able to create over 3000 arrangements, just because we as a community wanted to. I think that says something.

Onwards to 4000!

Jamaha

[GCN] Animal Crossing
"Señor K.K." by Static

[PC] Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)
"Kizuato (Beta)" by Olimar12345

[SNES] Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
"Bayou Boogie" by Sebastian

[NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
"Heaven's Prayer (The Observatory)" by maxmic480

[SNES] EarthBound
"Eight Melodies" by Maelstrom
"The Metropolis of Fourside" (Replacement) by Yug Guy

[NES] EarthBound Beginnings
"You Won! / Level Up / Game Over" by Olimar12345

[SNES] F-Zero
"Mute City" (Replacement) by Static

[3DS] Fantasy Life
"Night of the Great Plains" by AwesomeYears

[GBA] Golden Sun
"Colosso Starts!" by Onionleaf

[NDS] Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
"Kolima" by Onionleaf

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
"Condor's Wings" by Altissimo
"Go Ham Rangers" by Altissimo

[GB] Kirby's Dream Land
"Float Islands" (Replacement) by Latios212

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn
"Butter Building" by mastersuperfan

[ARCADE] Marble Madness
"Beginner Race" by PetrifiedLasagna

[NDS] Mario Kart DS
"Tick Tock Clock" by Sebastian, E. Gadd Industries & TheClassicalLenny

[NES] Mega Man 3
"Boss Battle" by WaluigiTime64

[GCN] Pikmin 2
"Jellyfloat Pool" by Olimar12345 & Jegilmer

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
"Eterna City (Night)" by FireArrow
"Route 216 (Day)" by dajwxp
"Snowpoint City (Day)" by Zeila

[3DS] Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
"Stompstump Peak" by Bespinben
"What's Wrong With Everyone?" by Bespinben

[3DS] Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
"Let's Go Home" by Latios212

[PS2] Shadow of the Colossus
"Green Hills" by Ryan McGaughey

[PC] Steins;Gate
"Gate of Steiner" by Maelstrom

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
"End Credits" (Replacement) by Zunawe

[GBA] The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
"Quest Begins" by JDMEK5

[PC] Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism
"Green-Eyed Jealousy" by WaluigiTime64

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

This is truly astonishing.

I would like to thank The Deku Trombonist for this wonderful updating system. It really was a pain to submit and discuss sheets before it was implemented. Many, many thanks!

I would also like to thank our wonderful Updaters for their humble diligence in their sheet-checking and updating. They do an excellent job each and every day. Let's not forget our Moderators who keep our forums safe and happy! Thank you all so much.

And, finally, I would like to say how thankful I am to be part of such an awesome community that is devoted to something I absolutely love doing: Arranging video game music, helping people with their sheets, and teaching others how to arrange (well, mostly on skype).

Thank you all again for your hard work!

Quote from: Jamaha on July 24, 2016, 01:21:17 PMOnwards to 4000!
You're dang right about that! ;)

E. Gadd Industries

Whoooo!!! Congratulations everyone! I'm honored to be a part of this special update!

EDIT: I changed the pic to something more fitting
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

so where's my shiny button that shows I did nothing but was still here
unmotivated

WaluigiTime64

Yay.

Oh wait, I meant
YAY

It feels great to be part of a wonderful community like this. Can't wait for 4000!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Zeila

Woo~ gratz on the 3k everyone! Thank you, Jamaha (and Deku), for hosting and/or keeping this site in check, and everyone else who was here for contributing in one way or another

braix

Quote from: Jamaha on July 24, 2016, 01:21:17 PMAs with all large milestones, I am let out of the storage to do the honors. Hopefully I don't mess up anything considering that the last time I hit the UPDATE button in our submission management system was when were debugging it.
*when we were?

(sorry not sorry)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

DS

Oh wow we're a third of the way to having over 9000 arrangements heheh...

Altissimo

Edit: I think you broke submissions though i tried to submit a sheet and it told me i didnt upload a MUS, MID, or PDF even though I uploaded all three

Tobbeh99

Awesome! We're over 3000 now! :) Also nice to see more Shadow of the Colossus sheets! Such a great game with great music! When I get some time, I'm going to arrange some songs from the game as well.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Olimar12345

Looks like we beat Ichigo's to 3K.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

daj

Quote from: Sebastian on July 24, 2016, 01:33:15 PMI would like to thank The Deku Trombonist for this wonderful updating system. It really was a pain to submit and discuss sheets before it was implemented. Many, many thanks!

YES. SO MUCH YES.
This was partially why i decided to stay when I came back, hehe.

But wow, 3k! Honoured to be celebrating this milestone with y'all. Much cheers to all updaters and arrangers alike, go NSM!~

Sebastian

Now...who wants to make the "I survived the NSM Y3K" badges? ;)